Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Wren is not a run stuffer. He's a 3-tech who can shoot gaps but will not hold up well against double teams. In many cases will get beat by NFL guards single-handedly in the run game. Better question is: can we find interior pass rush without drafting another 3-tech that becomes a liability in the rush defense? Of these guys listed, Mack and Gaines are your best "run stuffers". But in no way are they as strong/versatile as Lawrence. Lawrence did so much more for Clemson than "run-stuff". Don't let sack stats be your only guide. Go watch 6 or 7 game tapes of Dexter's. Go watch analysis/film study done by a guy that understands OL/DL assignments. Voch Lombardi understands OL/DL better than most. His analysis is short and sweet on Big Dex.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here's another. Voch is doing film study on Garrett Bradbury, but Bradbury is playing against Clemson's D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyjA7KxNBjI
    My film evaluation of Dexter is a 3rd round, rotational, 2 down prospect with a mid/low floor and fairly high ceiling. Starting caliber but limited role prospect that will not be an impact player.
    If we draft him, high, i will certainly hope I'm wrong.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The Patriots were behind us in rush defense and averaging 4.9 YPC against them. Their defense wasnt that good most the year but it got better come playoff time. And i DO think its coaching. Always said coaching matters and Bellichick is just the best. Look what Lynn did with McCoys team. Coaching matters. Whatever it is, making sure everyone does their jobs, he has a team structure, leadership...whatever it is, they win every year even with scrubs like Matt Cassell at QB and then Cassell did NOTHING elsewhere.
      The Patriots shut down everyone's running game in the playoffs. The Chargers, Rams & Chiefs scored a grand total of 10 points combined in the first half. They were great when it mattered. They are huge at DT and they have an old style run stuffing middle linebacker in Hightower. Notice how often they blitzed Hightower in the playoffs so that he didn't have to chase after running backs. Take away the run game, get up on the receivers & start scheming blitzes....

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

My film evaluation of Dexter is a 3rd round, rotational, 2 down prospect with a mid/low floor and fairly high ceiling. Starting caliber but limited role prospect that will not be an impact player.
        He's not a Telesco guy, so i don't think you have to worry.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Wren is not a run stuffer. He's a 3-tech who can shoot gaps but will not hold up well against double teams. In many cases will get beat by NFL guards single-handedly in the run game. Better question is: can we find interior pass rush without drafting another 3-tech that becomes a liability in the rush defense? Of these guys listed, Mack and Gaines are your best "run stuffers". But in no way are they as strong/versatile as Lawrence. Lawrence did so much more for Clemson than "run-stuff". Don't let sack stats be your only guide. Go watch 6 or 7 game tapes of Dexter's. Go watch analysis/film study done by a guy that understands OL/DL assignments. Voch Lombardi understands OL/DL better than most. His analysis is short and sweet on Big Dex.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here's another. Voch is doing film study on Garrett Bradbury, but Bradbury is playing against Clemson's D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyjA7KxNBjI
          Wow, Bradbury sure is impressive vs. Wilkins...as much as I want an OT and a DT, if Bradbury is there at #28, it's going to be MIGHTY tempting...

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

really 3rd round?

I'll admit i dont know much about Football (being aussie) but 3rd round seems very late. Whats the tell tale signs he is not 1st round talent?

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

really 3rd round?

I'll admit i dont know much about Football (being aussie) but 3rd round seems very late. Whats the tell tale signs he is not 1st round talent?
              That is my rating system. Pretty much every pundit has him as a top 50 prospect if not top 25.

Limited lateral movement skills, leverage/hand placement are poor/inconsistent, gets sealed & angle blocked too often, limited passrush - bullrush is effective but easily stalled by initial quickset/heavy hand strike/possesses few counters, limited quickness/upfield explosion.

If we draft him hope we get him to play at about 325# to improve some of his physical limitations, burst, quickness, while keeping his devastating strength/power/length, and coaching up the technical flaws.
              Just how I evaluated him.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

That is my rating system. Pretty much every pundit has him as a top 50 prospect if not top 25.

Limited lateral movement skills, leverage/hand placement are poor/inconsistent, gets sealed & angle blocked too often, limited passrush - bullrush is effective but easily stalled by initial quickset/heavy hand strike/possesses few counters, limited quickness/upfield explosion.

If we draft him hope we get him to play at about 325# to improve some of his physical limitations, burst, quickness, while keeping his devastating strength/power/length, and coaching up the technical flaws.
                insightful
                thanks mang

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow, Bradbury sure is impressive vs. Wilkins...as much as I want an OT and a DT, if Bradbury is there at #28, it's going to be MIGHTY tempting...
                  Bradbury is impressive. He's definitely in my 1st round cluster... especially since AL has opened his mind up about trying Lamp at OT.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Well, we definitely see different things. Which specific games do you have concerns...?

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Bradbury is impressive. He's definitely in my 1st round cluster... especially since AL has opened his mind up about trying Lamp at OT.
                      You know what? If Bradbury is so good at handling a top DT like Wilkins, why not draft him and move BRADBURY to RT??? He can be a swing lineman--swings between tackle and center...

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

You know what? If Bradbury is so good at handling a top DT like Wilkins, why not draft him and move BRADBURY to RT??? He can be a swing lineman--swings between tackle and center...
                        I don't think he's ever played RT. OT's have to survive on the edge with quick feet against blazing fast, quick edge rushers. Better idea is to identify a LT/RT that has tape/experience against quality edge rushers. Now... Lamp DOES have college tape against quality edge rushers... Something about short arms....

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I don't think he's ever played RT. OT's have to survive on the edge with quick feet against blazing fast, quick edge rushers. Better idea is to identify a LT/RT that has tape/experience against quality edge rushers. Now... Lamp DOES have college tape against quality edge rushers... Something about short arms....
                          Okay, then draft Bradbury and slide him over to LG...if Feeney can't cut the mustard, next man up! Meanwhile, we groom Bradbury to take over at C after Pouncey leaves...two problems solved!

Comment

Working...
                          X