• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    couldn't dig up the link again.... 99 pressures over length of career, for an avg of 33 pressures/year, and.... did read he had 33 this last season ??

modern football....

http://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/solak--interior-defensive-line-rankings

(is that Gus ?)
    This is why im not big on PFF. Not trying to doubt, just trying to get correct info as im just not sold on Lawrence but would like to be. Clemsons own site has him with 43 career pressures. 43!

So who knows what they are talking about? Clemson or PFF who those guys arent football scouts or players? Or Drafttek who has terrible rankings?

Tough call

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

If we select D. Lawerence a@28 (pissed), @60 (not excited but not murder rage), @91 (value for him here as a 50% snap count/ moderately productive limited starting caliber player). Prefer a big body/wide load DT day 3 if at all.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

This is why im not big on PFF. Not trying to doubt, just trying to get correct info as im just not sold on Lawrence but would like to be. Clemsons own site has him with 43 career pressures. 43!

So who knows what they are talking about? Clemson or PFF who those guys arent football scouts or players? Or Drafttek who has terrible rankings?

Tough call
        Different grading methodologies.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Different grading methodologies.
          Well that's what I'm saying. Who knows how to grade players better? A school program whonrecruits these guys or some guys who aren't scouts and just like us?
          What do the people at PFF consider a pressure or a hurry? It's obviously different than Clemson who would most likely talk up their players than not.

I'm just not sold Lawrence translates well to the NFL is all and was surrounded by other great college DL.

That defense is going to have 7 players drafted from it. 4 DL, Lawrence,Wilkins,Ferrell, Huggins, Tre Lamar, Trayvon Mullen, Mark Fields. And possibly LB Kendall Joseph for 8.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-11-2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Well that's what I'm saying. Who knows how to grade players better? A school program whonrecruits these guys or some guys who aren't scouts and just like us?
            What do the people at PFF consider a pressure or a hurry? It's obviously different than Clemson who would most likely talk up their players than not.

I'm just not sold Lawrence translates well to the NFL is all and was surrounded by other great college DL.

That defense is going to have 7 players drafted from it. 4 DL, Lawrence,Wilkins,Ferrell, Huggins, Tre Lamar, Trayvon Mullen, Mark Fields. And possibly LB Kendall Joseph for 8.
            I don't have Lawerence rated as high as most so agree with you there.

Austin Bryant going UDFA?

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

OK, intresting. Conflicting Stats. On Clemsons own website they say Lawrence had 43 pressures in his CAREER.

https://clemsontigers.com/sports/foo...xter-lawrence/
              found it....
              "Lawrence capped his career 33 QB pressures on just 254 pass-rushes giving him 99 total pressures over his three-year stint,"

"posting 99 pressures on 809 rushes during his three-year career."
              http://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2019-nfl-mock-draft-3

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/892437532968878080

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

http://draftanalyst.com/jawuan-johnson

sixth round grade for run and chase linebacker

Jawuan Johnson per Tony Pauline
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Tough call
                  I've watched 6 or 7 of his game tapes. He gets 3+ pressures a game. That's about 40 pressures per year. And if you carefully watch his games, you can see where he enables his team mates to get favorable matchups, thus creating pressures/sacks for his team mates. Other teams have identified Clemson's best D-lineman... and it's Big Dex. He's the one teams double team.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

would you go back 2 back w/Wilkins & Saunders ??

http://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pffs-top-15-interior-defensive-linemen-in-the-2019-nfl-draft?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campa ign=cjaff&cjevent=04eb95ac5ccf11e9818c003d0a1c0e14

will hope we come away w/the any of Dex, Greg Gaines and/or the abovementioned.

do not want list includes Tillery, Dre'Mont, Keke, Willis 'n Wren (don't know so much 'bout Watts nor Dogbe ?)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I don't have Lawerence rated as high as most so agree with you there.

Austin Bryant going UDFA?
                      Bajeezus, I forgot one. Possibly 9 defensive players drafted from one college team. That's insane.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Bajeezus, I forgot one. Possibly 9 defensive players drafted from one college team. That's insane.
                        That D had so much talent.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          would you go back 2 back w/Wilkins & Saunders ??

http://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pffs-top-15-interior-defensive-linemen-in-the-2019-nfl-draft?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campa ign=cjaff&cjevent=04eb95ac5ccf11e9818c003d0a1c0e14

will hope we come away w/the any of Dex, Greg Gaines and/or the abovementioned.

do not want list includes Tillery, Dre'Mont, Keke, Willis 'n Wren (don't know so much 'bout Watts nor Dogbe ?)
                          Wilkins and Saunders? Now your just teasing me....that's a lot of beef....but not back to back. I think Saunders may be available in the 3rd...still hammering out my final mock.

Saunders is versatile, could rotate in the middle on passing downs, but also spell Jones. Dex shares time with mentor Mebane till he is up to speed...that's a strong, deep rotation right there.

Would some of the nay sayers be on board if we could nab Dex in the 2nd, Saunders in the third? Might have to give up a 4th to move up in the 2nd, but you still get that BPA skill position in the first...safety, LB, corner....I would get behind that.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X