He got some good shots in too.
    Fine handwork for the trenches.
    :chuckle:

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

haven't watched the vid, so don't have the visceral aversion to Simmons, and.... wondering if young Spanos has it in him to pull the trigger @28, as seems there is a better likelihood now that Jeffery will be there when we're on the clock round one.... he is exactly the missing link for what the Chargers wish for on their Dline.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

At 12-4 I want to draft to win now, not maybe in 2020.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Projected NUMBER 7 OVERALL (PER MEL TOUPEE) first-round pick Jeffery Simmons injures knee. ACL suspected.
          There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Well that sucks for him. If true, how far does he slide? I thought before this that he may slide to back 1/3rd of the 1st round because of that horrendous tape of him in h.s.
            Round 2 or 3...remember how KA had a first round grade before he got injured and we snapped him up in round 3?

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Round 2 or 3...remember how KA had a first round grade before he got injured and we snapped him up in round 3?
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                haven't watched the vid, so don't have the visceral aversion to Simmons, and.... wondering if young Spanos has it in him to pull the trigger @28, as seems there is a better likelihood now that Jeffery will be there when we're on the clock round one.... he is exactly the missing link for what the Chargers wish for on their Dline.
                Yes but if it is his ACL, he won't be able to play next season. Maybe late in the season.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

recall once upon a time when peoples were making a stink 'bout the Chargers only signing character guys/choir boys, and AJ went out and signed a safety that had pushed his "girlfriend" down some stairs.... if I recall correctly, didn't work out too very well for anyone involved ??

and am sure I would shrivel at the thought of having Simmons as a Charger after if and when I might see the vid, and.... wonder if it's time to put this whole goody two shoes thing behind us.

we've got AL as our HC and last I checked the secret to the healing miracles of Jesus was his willingness to forgive.... life is forgiving, life is for giving.... Jeffery Simmons a second chance ??

and not so worried 'bout next season as think we're gonna take a step back before we move forward again in 2020, as see Okung and Pouncey as big ?s to make it thru the full 16, not to mention a coupla few other guys on that Oline, and....

guessin' the Chargers are gonna be the Chargers and error on the sentimental side, letting Jahleel play out his contract, resigning AP, and maybe a coupla few others like Pullard, Denzel and Square, albeit truth be told.... do think they're gonna let a surprising number of folks walk this year and next.

don't think you can argue w/Simmons the player, and my question would be: who are you arguing w/if you're against drafting him @28.... the Catholics or the man upstairs himself ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Actually Okung was pretty solid for us last season.
                    Simmons was banned from the combine because of that tape which makes me think he is gonna be a second of third round pick for sure. Mixon totally decked a girl while in High School....which is also on video, and only because the Bengals drafted him in the second round did he go that high. They love those types and sign and draft them all the time. The thug thing ain't working for them lol.
                    Simmons also did this while in high school and still can't get a combine invite. Not sure Mixon did either , don't recall.

I don't have a problem with Mixon or Simmons from an incident in high school but if we draft Simmons in the first round i hope they have signed a DT in FA first because Simmons isn't going to play. Still think he can be had in the 2nd.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-12-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Yeah if dude is actually still there at our 2nd rd. pick I say grab em right on up!

Comment

• CTrout
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Hmm.....There's a name I haven't heard of.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

I am not that big a fan of Simmons anyway (even if you ignore the injury and off-field stuff). The guy looks the part and has great tools, but he should be way more productive than he is. I would like him a lot better if he had better technique. I would never have drafted him in the 1st round if I was a GM, just because he is not that good a player. Reminds me a lot of Robert Nkemidishe, only not as productive.

Sucks about the knee thing. The video made it a tough sell as a 1st rounder to begin with, now the injury.

Comment

Working...
                          X