X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

My only question there is if they draft Wilson at #28, is Perryman moving to OLB or is Wilson.... Till Perryman gets hurt. They moved Perryman there for some games before. Would it be best him taking over Emannuels spot? Thinking either one should be an upgrade there.
    At #28 I would like to see us go for Devin Bush if he's available. I think he has the ability and potential to be an every down inside linebacker in the NFL. Sideline to sideline play making ability. He would be a nice fit and that would allow us to move Perryman to OLB and perhaps take some of the strain off him, much like the Cowboys have done by moving Sean Lee outside.

Mack Wilson would be a good choice as well. The kid has good pass coverage skills and has shown a knack for reading the quarterback and grabbing interceptions. He's a decent tacklers and has the athleticism required to be a good player in the NFL. However, he will need to work on parts of his game if he's going to become a starting caliber, every down, line backer in the NFL.

Either guy I would be happy with.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      I guess one can select a LB in round 1, if you think Perryman will not last a season healthy. Or pick a LB later if you think he will, or it will not matter that he will not.

Count me with the former.
      The guy from Iowa last year in the 3rd would have been fine. Pick a LB if they are the top player...otherwise, be patient.

Is Navarro Bowman still around?
      Last edited by powderblueboy; 03-10-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mike View Post

At #28 I would like to see us go for Devin Bush if he's available. I think he has the ability and potential to be an every down inside linebacker in the NFL. Sideline to sideline play making ability. He would be a nice fit and that would allow us to move Perryman to OLB and perhaps take some of the strain off him, much like the Cowboys have done by moving Sean Lee outside.

Mack Wilson would be a good choice as well. The kid has good pass coverage skills and has shown a knack for reading the quarterback and grabbing interceptions. He's a decent tacklers and has the athleticism required to be a good player in the NFL. However, he will need to work on parts of his game if he's going to become a starting caliber, every down, line backer in the NFL.

Either guy I would be happy with.
        I would too.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

The re-signing of Perryman leads me to believe that we're not going to go LB in the 1st. I think we're looking at OT or DT. As of right now, we only have 1 starting calibur DT on the roster...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            The re-signing of Perryman leads me to believe that we're not going to go LB in the 1st. I think we're looking at OT or DT. As of right now, we only have 1 starting calibur DT on the roster...
            Id tend to agree depending on who falls. DT is deep so though I agree it could be the trenches, if Bush fell say, ... They could go who they feel is BPA at that point.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Id tend to agree depending on who falls. DT is deep so though I agree it could be the trenches, if Bush fell say, ... They could go who they feel is BPA at that point.
              Let's say that Devin Bush is the Chargers' BPA @28. They could draft him there if their plans are to play him @ WILL. If they have plans to move Jatavis or Kyzir to backup MIKE. I think they like Jatavis/Kyzir @ WILL, though.

Have to admit, Nwosu (SAM), Perryman (MIKE), and Bush (WILL) would be an outstanding group of starters.

Still... Dexter Lawrence can do a lot for the defense, too. Best run-stopper in the draft. Keep your LB's clean. IMO, the deepest draft group is the LB's. I see some real gems in the later rounds (5th-7th).

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

If we were lucky enough to land Bush, I suspect we would have him backup Perryman, even sub in on passing downs. Love to see him go after Brady.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                  glutton for punishment
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                  • Send PM

Let's say that Devin Bush is the Chargers' BPA @28. They could draft him there if their plans are to play him @ WILL. If they have plans to move Jatavis or Kyzir to backup MIKE. I think they like Jatavis/Kyzir @ WILL, though.

Have to admit, Nwosu (SAM), Perryman (MIKE), and Bush (WILL) would be an outstanding group of starters.

Still... Dexter Lawrence can do a lot for the defense, too. Best run-stopper in the draft. Keep your LB's clean. IMO, the deepest draft group is the LB's. I see some real gems in the later rounds (5th-7th).
                  Gotta get an impact DT... it is a must. In fact, I think we need to add two DTs. There is nothing "backup" about Kyzir White though... dude was fantastic at WILL before he got hurt. Jatavis really bounced back filling in at WILL after a terrible 2017. We are deep at this position... even though they both got hurt before season's end. Unfortunately, we can't count on Perryman to last the season... so we really need another ILB. Just think that DT is so much more important for us right now. If JJ can improve and we add a true stud DT in the draft then this D will be so much better than it was last year.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

Gotta get an impact DT... it is a must. In fact, I think we need to add two DTs. There is nothing "backup" about Kyzir White though... dude was fantastic at WILL before he got hurt. Jatavis really bounced back filling in at WILL after a terrible 2017. We are deep at this position... even though they both got hurt before season's end. Unfortunately, we can't count on Perryman to last the season... so we really need another ILB. Just think that DT is so much more important for us right now. If JJ can improve and we add a true stud DT in the draft then this D will be so much better than it was last year.
                    ^^^THIS^^^

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Or grab Sheldon or Malik in f.a. and go big on RT and Lb'er in the draft while grabbing a late round gem at f.s.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                        glutton for punishment
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        Or grab Sheldon or Malik in f.a. and go big on RT and Lb'er in the draft while grabbing a late round gem at f.s.
                        Gotta wonder whether Sheldon is worth it at this point. Two years in a row he has not lived up to the hype he garnered earlier in his career. I don't hate the idea... but like Mebane I feel like we would be getting a guy on the decline at a legit cost. Give me a young and hungry disruptor in the 1st round... a guy that penetrates and wreaks havoc.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I do not see Bush starting over White at WILL, nor do I see White as a primary backup. They luv the kid. He will be our starting WILL. If he plays any MIKE it will be on 3rd and long. My guess is we go DT or OT in rd 1. I can see us taking Simmons at 28 even with the Injury.

Comment

Working...
                          X