• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Davis is also 2 for 1 in that he TACKLES and COVERS...
    Yep. They have a converted Safety playing SAM in Carolina. Davis was a Safety in college. Good coverage skills. He may play some SAM even. But he may end up starting in front of Kyzir. I wonder if they may try James at FS with White in the box? Not full time but some? Im excited.

I really think we are in position to draft BPA. DT is deep. There are a few FS that would really help. Good OL prospects.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Yep, at this point take the wunderkin who drops.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Wonder if we can somehow trade down to get an extra 2nd and 3rd. That would be nice.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Death Valley View Post

I understand those who are hesitant to take a run stuffing NT/DT in the first round, but y'all are really selling Dexter short. I would bet on him being the value of the draft for anyone picking him outside of the top 10.............
          Maybe. However, there is also the possibility that you are overrating him.

Does Dexter have the speed to chase down a QB that is trying to run away from him if he lined up in the shotgun?

How many of his sacks and pressures in college came from QB who held the ball way too long?

how many plays does he just get stoned at the line by smallish college OL who are in no way NFL caliber?

Something to keep in mind that in the part of South Carolina I live in, very few people like watching USC (University of South Carolina). I end up watching a LOT of Clemson with people from work. A lot. I know the answers to these.

IN my experiences of getting excited about the draft and prospects, the ones who are immense physical talents but need a lot of work are very iffy. The ones who seem to pan out best are the ones that have some technique and polish before they start. Guys like Bosa, although that applies to any position.

All that being said, you may be right about Lawrence. He is not a complete slug and he did run a 5.05 40 at the combine while pulling a muscle. For a guy his size, he has some tools. I just have seen too many guys like him over the years and seen too many people drool over them to get too excited by all the "planet people" out there.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Pick 28 needs to be a lineman, assuming there is no early run on them. Pick 60 should be BPA, hopefully that is a lineman.
            think the odds are that we go tackle on both sides of the ball.... day two, as thinkin' that FS is a mighty big possibility/option @28.

and re: LB.... wouldn't be surprised if we wait 'til day four w/the UDFAs to nab us some depth.... (recall Tony Brown/Brandon Facyson from last year).

and appreciate the perspectives on Dex.... am vacillating like a coupla few others of you on him.

desperately want someone who commands a double team, that can collapse the pocket, that can help keep our LBs clean, and can help set Joey/Melvin free.

granted there is some well warranted hesitation, and.... our FO draft gurus need to know/see whether he is the 3 down player he was his frosh year, or more of the more recent edition ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• shruggy
              shruggy was here
              • Dec 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              Wonder if we can somehow trade down to get an extra 2nd and 3rd. That would be nice.
              I saw that Adderly going in the 2nd round, in Walter Cherepinsky's mock.

I don't see that happening now, because he seems to be moving up the draft boards. But, say, that he does find himself available on Day 2, then that might be a good reason to trade down.

There seems to be a lot of rich talent in the first 2 rounds of this year's draft.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
                Christian wilkins train.
                Wilkins would be IDEAL...I had him at the top of my mock, but took him off because his stock is rising big time...still, if he falls, TT better pick him quicker than you can say Derwin James...

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Couple Pro Day visits added.

​​​​​​
                  • Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware (SR)
                  • Ryquell Armstead, RB/FB, Temple (SR)
                  • Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn (SR)
                  • Jackson Barton, OT, Utah (EW)
                  • Kendall Blanton, TE, Missouri (EW)
                  • Kris Boyd, CB, Texas (SR)
                  • Blace Brown, CB, Troy (EW)
                  • Malik Carney, OLB, North Carolina (EW)
                  • Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State (SR)
                  • Jon Duhart, WR, Old Dominion (EW)
                  • Jack Fox, P, Rice (EW)
                  • Will Grier, QB, West Virginia (SR)
                  • Daniel Helm, TE, Duke (EW)
                  • Ka'dar Hollman, CB, Toledo (EW)
                  • Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo (SR)
                  • DaMarkus Lodge, WR, Ole Miss (EW)
                  • Joshua Miles, G, Morgan State (EW)
                  • Dare Odeyingbo, DE, Vanderbilt (PRO)
                  • Trey Pipkins, OT, Sioux Falls (EW)
                  • Ryan Pope, OT, San Diego State (EW)
                  • Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State (EW)
                  • Matt Sokol, TE, Michigan State (EW)
                  • Easton Stick, QB, North Dakota State (EW)
                  • Jordan Ta'amu, QB, Ole Miss (EW)
                  • Tre Watson, ILB, Maryland (EW)
                  • Kevin Wilkins, DT, Rutgers (EW)
                  • Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt (PRO)
                  • Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA (SR)
                  • Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas (EW)

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I'm glad we're taking a look at Pipkins.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

We will draft the Punter from Rice. Feel free to quote me

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wilkins would be IDEAL...I had him at the top of my mock, but took him off because his stock is rising big time...still, if he falls, TT better pick him quicker than you can say Derwin James...
                        Its just my opinion but i think he will fall. He might not exactly to 28. But he will fall into the 20s. And id have no problem trading up to get him.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Its just my opinion but i think he will fall. He might not exactly to 28. But he will fall into the 20s. And id have no problem trading up to get him.
                          Absolutely. Not a big fan of trading up most of the time...but I think he will be the best DT overall in the bunch...and we are built well enough we wouldn't miss a third or fourth rounder if it meant putting that guy in bolts...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X