We already signed that guy out of the CFL. So maybe not

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post

We already signed that guy out of the CFL. So maybe not
      Yep, and Ty Long is a dual threat--he punts AND he kicks off...so that leaves Money Badger to just kick figgies and pat's...and I'm okay with that...

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

You know it's the offseason when punters are being discussed with fervor.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          You know it's the offseason when punters are being discussed with fervor.
          Punting has been a sore spot for the Bolts...Donnie Jones was ok at times, but had several underwhelming punts last year, so need to upgrade...hope Long is the answer...

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Absolutely. Not a big fan of trading up most of the time...but I think he will be the best DT overall in the bunch...and we are built well enough we wouldn't miss a third or fourth rounder if it meant putting that guy in bolts...
            W e woulsnt at all. And keep in mind i hate trading up in the draft. But if wilkins is in the 20s we got to make that move, hes athletic, smart, and has very good hands. He would be a pentrating defensive tackle.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Punting has been a sore spot for the Bolts...Donnie Jones was ok at times, but had several underwhelming punts last year, so need to upgrade...hope Long is the answer...
              I agree we must find a long term solution to the Punter/Holder position. Field position is still a big part of the game. I just always find humor in the discussions around the kicking game. I have no clue to tell if someone is a good kicker other than by watching them kick, other than results.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Okay draft gurus, who's your top guys at 28 for our biggest needs: RT, DT, FS, LB?
                I only put this question forward because I have ZERO knowledge of this draft group. Yes, I've seen some all star game footage and some of the combine, (and all the numbers that came from it) but I'm asking my brothers here on TPB what stud could TT nab at 28? Any guys to get REALLY excited about at that spot in the first round?
                Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                  Okay draft gurus, who's your top guys at 28 for our biggest needs: RT, DT, FS, LB?
                  I only put this question forward because I have ZERO knowledge of this draft group. Yes, I've seen some all star game footage and some of the combine, (and all the numbers that came from it) but I'm asking my brothers here on TPB what stud could TT nab at 28? Any guys to get REALLY excited about at that spot in the first round?
                  Thanks in advance.
                  I think we take the best RT, DT, or FS available at 28. The Davis signing makes me think we will not pick up a LB in the first round.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I would think LB is still in the mix, both Perryman and Davis have essentially one year deals. And good LBs are hard to come by!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      Thanks in advance.
                      I have Christian Wilkins, DT out of Clemson in my mock....but that is wishful thinking for a slide and steal...a more realistic pick(though I have noted this player climbing up the boards recently, probably due to more film study being done) would be Taylor Rapp from Washington. There are faster safeties out there...but Rapp is no slouch, and has plenty of range. But where he really shines is football instincts and tackling...thats right...a FS who is a great tackler. Check both those guys out....I'll be crossing my fingers that one of them falls to us at 28
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        I would think LB is still in the mix, both Perryman and Davis have essentially one year deals. And good LBs are hard to come by!
                        I think Kyzir will understudy Davis for a couple years while providing depth there. Perryman merely has to prove his durability issues have been a fluke, and he will be here another several years...but we might draft for depth...but we also need depth at OTTO behind Nwosu...though if you resign Emmanuel, he can back up both Perryman and Nwosu.

I can see maybe late rounds, but unless a big steal falls to us, I don't see us addressing this early at all...
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Jeepers I hope we can find somebody better than Emanuel for backup LB.

Comment

Working...
                          X