• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    Interesting fan vote on #28.
    So, Wilkins is the winner...that's IF he's there at #28...and that's a mighty big "if"...

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, Wilkins is the winner...that's IF he's there at #28...and that's a mighty big "if"...
      He won't be there and why he won. Because be was on the list at all. May as well put Bosa on the list lol. He would of won too.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

if we eschewed our needs @28, the two names that pop out for me are WR AJ Brown and DE/OLB Jachai Polite (if you could get AL/Gus to sign off on him),
        I'm all for BPA, if there is a star there...except at WR. I just can't see it. Maybe if every other player sucked, but I don't believe that for a minute.

Don't see us drafting RB or WR early, regardless of who, realistically, might fall to us. JMO
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I'm all for BPA, if there is a star there...except at WR. I just can't see it. Maybe if every other player sucked, but I don't believe that for a minute.

Don't see us drafting RB or WR early, regardless of who, realistically, might fall to us. JMO
          I'm with you, Bolt. We're set at WR...gotta believe there will be SOMEONE good at #28 at either DT, OT, S, ILB, CB, ILB--ALL areas of need...even C or G...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

D. Jones QB
            C. Ford OT
            J. Simmons DT
            M. Wilson LB
            N. Adderley S

I think one of them will be there at 28. My question is what the Chargers should do if they're all there?

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

We have now met with Thornhill at his Pro Day and Privately as i understand it. He is probably a guy in our 1st round cluster.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                We have now met with Thornhill at his Pro Day and Privately as i understand it. He is probably a guy in our 1st round cluster.
                I can live with that. Since good free safeties are scarce in this draft, I'm starting to warm up to going S in round 1, either Thornhill, Adderley or Gardner, then going OT and/or DT, the deeper positions, in rounds 2-3.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I like him but most places I look, they have him as a 2nd-3rd rounder but won't make it to our late 3rd.
                  If they use our first on him, great but I'm thinking 2nd.

Either way if they get their guy. I just see potentual others at 28 that can be there. I'd draft him over Lawrence though.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-14-2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Or he is someone we trade up in the second for? Grab a dropper in round one, trade up for "your guy" in round two. Seems pretty TT.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Or he is someone we trade up in the second for? Grab a dropper in round one, trade up for "your guy" in round two. Seems pretty TT.
                      That is a fair assessment. I think they had a 1st round grade on Nwosu last year. Another guy they met with a couple times. They were lucky enough to catch him in the 2nd round. Could be a similar thing with Thornhill.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like him but most places I look, they have him as a 2nd-3rd rounder but won't make it to our late 3rd.
                        If they use our first on him, great but I'm thinking 2nd.

Either way if they get their guy. I just see potentual others at 28 that can be there. I'd draft him over Lawrence though.
                        I dont put a lot of stock in other poeples rankings. They are always pretty well off when the actual draft happens. I think hes a solid 2nd rounder.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I can live with that. Since good free safeties are scarce in this draft, I'm starting to warm up to going S in round 1, either Thornhill, Adderley or Gardner, then going OT and/or DT, the deeper positions, in rounds 2-3.
                          Its a good draft to wait until 2 and 3 for a trench guy. But if a mauler is there at OL/IDL im all over it. I know FS is a need. But im banging the trench drum hard this draft.

Comment

Working...
                          X