First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    The Golden Rule in drafting is when a franchise generational potential QB is on the board, You never pass on him.

If Tua is on the board, you take him.... If Herbert is on the board you take him. IF Tom used this logic we would have either the Texans QB, or The Ravens QB...

Hope he doesn't strike out for a third time.
    I just read Bob McGinn from the Athletic - based on his reports - I think I am passing on Tua more now than Herbert. There were concerns in the article about Tua from scouts McGinn talked too. Who knows if they are just talking

I am on record of not taking Herbert at 6 - he would be a trade down

I am still all on board with Simmons at 6. Top 3 player at 6 - you can't turn that down

Leave a comment:

• electricgold
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So you are saying for example, the Cardinals should draft another QB if there is one on the board at #8?

If so, I don't agree.
    No because they drafted a potential franchise QB already, and believe they have one that has that potential already.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    The Golden Rule in drafting is when a franchise generational potential QB is on the board, You never pass on him.

If Tua is on the board, you take him.... If Herbert is on the board you take him. IF Tom used this logic we would have either the Texans QB, or The Ravens QB...

Are either of those two prospects truly a “generational” QB or are they jacked up by the media? Is one year wonder Burrow more Joe Montana or Tim Couch? I’ll trust the Bolt’s braintrust to make that call when they do.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied

So you are saying for example, the Cardinals should draft another QB if there is one on the board at #8?

If so, I don't agree.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I like Niang a lot...but I really do think he is a RT...and I don't like trying those guys out at LT...so do you disagree, or do you think it's worth having him sit behind Buluga? Or do you envision Buluga playing leftside until Pipkins is ready? Just curious...
    I do think Niang can play OLT at an impact starting level. He is a more obvious fit at ORT where his skillset is All-Pro. Line them up and let the best 2 play.

Leave a comment:

• electricgold
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Miami desperately tried to meet with Tua before the cut off point. They're probably shitting bricks right now.
    I would guess it will be Tua, but their Oline is horrendous and Tua will get the crap beaten out of him on a weekly basis.
    I heard Sean Salisbury say, from watching the Tua video, that he started to slightly favor the injured leg near the end, when fatigued.

There's a chance they wait for the 2nd round

If Tua is there - take him; if not take Simmons/Bechton (& that will be okay with me)
    I'm for a swing for the fences mood - hence Tua/Simmons/Bechton. All three fit that category....Simmons, because you don't know where to put him.

Thomas would be the safe choice.

Herbert would be the sacrifice bunt to move the runner to 2nd base.
    Don't rule out the Lions taking either Herbert or Tua either...

Leave a comment:

• electricgold
    replied

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied

LOL...horse shit. Without injury, Tua is the best. You can pick apart anyone's game when things aren't clean. But it matters not...Miami will be getting Tua. This Herbert stuff is nothing but smoke to keep the Chargers and Jags from forcing Miami to trade up.
    Miami desperately tried to meet with Tua before the cut off point. They're probably shitting bricks right now.
    I would guess it will be Tua, but their Oline is horrendous and Tua will get the crap beaten out of him on a weekly basis.
    I heard Sean Salisbury say, from watching the Tua video, that he started to slightly favor the injured leg near the end, when fatigued.

There's a chance they wait for the 2nd round

If Tua is there - take him; if not take Simmons/Bechton (& that will be okay with me)
    I'm for a swing for the fences mood - hence Tua/Simmons/Bechton. All three fit that category....Simmons, because you don't know where to put him.

Thomas would be the safe choice.

Herbert would be the sacrifice bunt to move the runner to 2nd base.

Leave a comment:

• La Costa Boy
    replied
    Agreed. Too many question marks

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Yeah, and me without my spare tire would make one hell of a marathon runner. Sorry but you can't wish his injury history into the cornfield....................
    I'm not...very legitimate concern. Trying to pick apart the rest of his game? Hogwash. Without the injuries, he is the best prospect. As is? Not so much.

Leave a comment:

• La Costa Boy
    replied

LOL...horse shit. Without injury, Tua is the best. You can pick apart anyone's game when things aren't clean. But it matters not...Miami will be getting Tua. This Herbert stuff is nothing but smoke to keep the Chargers and Jags from forcing Miami to trade up.
    Yeah, and me without my spare tire would make one hell of a marathon runner. Sorry but you can't wish his injury history into the cornfield....................

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    Charge! & friends.... it ain't just the injuries,

[URL="https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/tua-tagovailoa-josh-rosen-comparison-nfl-draft-2020"]https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/tua-tagovailoa-josh-rosen-comparison-nfl-draft-2020

Leave a comment:

Working...
X