• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

As long as we get a guard or two in free agency.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Free agency is going to dictate our draft. Hopefully we plug an O line and D line hole(s) and that would really free us up........

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Interesting conversation on NFL radio. Pat Kirwin said that Chiefs only have 8 starters from draft. Most of their starters are from trades and FA. 49ers are about half draft picks and the other half FA and trades.....

TT and Chargers hardly do trades or utilize FA...... of course the key is you have to know who to draft or who to trade for....... they need to be good to great decisions.....

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
          Interesting conversation on NFL radio. Pat Kirwin said that Chiefs only have 8 starters from draft. Most of their starters are from trades and FA. 49ers are about half draft picks and the other half FA and trades.....

TT and Chargers hardly do trades or utilize FA...... of course the key is you have to know who to draft or who to trade for....... they need to be good to great decisions.....
          Take it up with Steve.
          I hear utilizing FAs don’t work.
          trades are different.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Doesn’t work except when it does. Got it.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Todd McShay drops Justin Herbert in most recent ESPN Mock Draft

ByKEVIN FLAHERTY 10 hours ago

Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert dropped in the most recent version of ESPN’s Mock Draft. ESPN NFL Draft analyst Todd McShay went on Get Up to describe the fall to the Indianapolis Colts at No. 13.

And while the timing is a bit interesting — Herbert’s drop came after the Senior Bowl — McShay said that Herbert’s fall didn’t have anything to do with the event. In fact, McShay said he was impressed with Herbert’s performance in Mobile, Ala.

“With Herbert, it’s really tough because he played great at the Senior Bowl,” McShay said. “And really, it was not a reflection of him and how he played there. He, as the week went on, became a better leader—you could see players starting to follow him. He had some great drills on Thursday when they were going through the two-minute drill and I was really impressed with a lot of the things I saw from him.

“However, I go back to the tape and I just, despite the size and the mobility and the big arm and all the things that he brings to the table, I just, I never see a quarterback who’s really carrying that football team like Tua [Tagovailoa] has carried Alabama, like we’ve seen from Joe Burrow carrying LSU at times,” McShay said. “I just don’t see that and I think that’s the big concern.”

But McShay differentiated between Herbert being a top 10 player and going in the top 10 in the NFL Draft. With the Miami Dolphins picking at No. 5 — where McShay had Tagovailoa going — the Los Angeles Chargers at No. 6 and the Carolina Panthers at No. 7, there are a number of quarterback-needy teams who might target Herbert.

“There are plenty of teams in the top 10 and he probably will be a top 10 pick,” McShay said. “But to me, Herbert is more of a mid-round, mid-first round quarterback than he is a top 10, sure thing if there’s anything close to a sure thing when it comes to drafting a quarterback.”

Get Up host Mike Greenberg asked McShay if there was a gap between Tagovailoa as the No. 2 quarterback in the draft and Herbert at No. 3.

“Greeny, we would be having a great argument or discussion for the next three months if Tua was healthy, if he didn’t have that hip injury and we knew exactly what we were getting so that’s how close it is between Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa,” McShay said. “After that, I do think there’s a drop off. And there’s some other guys, like Jordan Love from Utah State that might get into the mix in the first round.
              1COMMENTS
              “To me personally … and that’s not everyone in the league, just to be clear, because spending time at the Senior Bowl and talking to general managers, some guys think that Herbert’s better than Tua,” McShay said. “And some guys think that he’s going to be better than Joe Burrow. So this is just my opinion, but I personally view it as, it’s Burrow, it’s Tua pending the hip injury and then Herbert after that.”

As Duck Territory’s Kevin Wade wrote, the Chargers in particular are starting to trend as possible Herbert suitors. Some have the Chargers, along with AFC West rivals Los Vegas Raiders as landing spots for free agent quarterback Tom Brady. And if the Chargers aren’t able to land the future Hall of Famer, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the team nab its quarterback of the future with the No. 6 pick.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Todd McShay drops Justin Herbert in most recent ESPN Mock Draft

ByKEVIN FLAHERTY 10 hours ago

Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert dropped in the most recent version of ESPN’s Mock Draft. ESPN NFL Draft analyst Todd McShay went on Get Up to describe the fall to the Indianapolis Colts at No. 13.

And while the timing is a bit interesting — Herbert’s drop came after the Senior Bowl — McShay said that Herbert’s fall didn’t have anything to do with the event. In fact, McShay said he was impressed with Herbert’s performance in Mobile, Ala.

“With Herbert, it’s really tough because he played great at the Senior Bowl,” McShay said. “And really, it was not a reflection of him and how he played there. He, as the week went on, became a better leader—you could see players starting to follow him. He had some great drills on Thursday when they were going through the two-minute drill and I was really impressed with a lot of the things I saw from him.

“However, I go back to the tape and I just, despite the size and the mobility and the big arm and all the things that he brings to the table, I just, I never see a quarterback who’s really carrying that football team like Tua [Tagovailoa] has carried Alabama, like we’ve seen from Joe Burrow carrying LSU at times,” McShay said. “I just don’t see that and I think that’s the big concern.”

But McShay differentiated between Herbert being a top 10 player and going in the top 10 in the NFL Draft. With the Miami Dolphins picking at No. 5 — where McShay had Tagovailoa going — the Los Angeles Chargers at No. 6 and the Carolina Panthers at No. 7, there are a number of quarterback-needy teams who might target Herbert.

“There are plenty of teams in the top 10 and he probably will be a top 10 pick,” McShay said. “But to me, Herbert is more of a mid-round, mid-first round quarterback than he is a top 10, sure thing if there’s anything close to a sure thing when it comes to drafting a quarterback.”

Get Up host Mike Greenberg asked McShay if there was a gap between Tagovailoa as the No. 2 quarterback in the draft and Herbert at No. 3.

“Greeny, we would be having a great argument or discussion for the next three months if Tua was healthy, if he didn’t have that hip injury and we knew exactly what we were getting so that’s how close it is between Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa,” McShay said. “After that, I do think there’s a drop off. And there’s some other guys, like Jordan Love from Utah State that might get into the mix in the first round.
                1COMMENTS
                “To me personally … and that’s not everyone in the league, just to be clear, because spending time at the Senior Bowl and talking to general managers, some guys think that Herbert’s better than Tua,” McShay said. “And some guys think that he’s going to be better than Joe Burrow. So this is just my opinion, but I personally view it as, it’s Burrow, it’s Tua pending the hip injury and then Herbert after that.”

As Duck Territory’s Kevin Wade wrote, the Chargers in particular are starting to trend as possible Herbert suitors. Some have the Chargers, along with AFC West rivals Los Vegas Raiders as landing spots for free agent quarterback Tom Brady. And if the Chargers aren’t able to land the future Hall of Famer, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the team nab its quarterback of the future with the No. 6 pick.
                I always find it interesting when people think that Chargers should not take a player like Hebert, but they think a much smarter, better organization like Indy should/will take him????...... if he is worth it at 13, then he is the real deal and worth taking at 6 or anywhere........ if he is not the real deal he should not be taken in first round.... period....

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2019
                  • Send PM

I always find it interesting when people think that Chargers should not take a player like Hebert, but they think a much smarter, better organization like Indy should/will take him????...... if he is worth it at 13, then he is the real deal and worth taking at 6 or anywhere........ if he is not the real deal he should not be taken in first round.... period....
                  Agree, if your A true Franchise QB, you pick him anywhere.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

What makes a "franchise" QB?

If it was so easy, everyone would be able to do it. And teams wouldn't miss on guys. There might be more to it than that.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

So a 7 spot difference makes him suddenly a good pick?

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

The more I read about the kid, the more I would rather go another direction. He sounds more & more Leaf-ish every evaluation I see. I've heard comments like "questionable decision making", "stares down primary receiver", "poor pocket awareness", but the buzz about his own teammates not respecting him really throws up a red flag. Take Simmons or 1 of the giant OTs or even Kinlaw.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

The more I read about the kid, the more I would rather go another direction. He sounds more & more Leaf-ish every evaluation I see. I've heard comments like "questionable decision making", "stares down primary receiver", "poor pocket awareness", but the buzz about his own teammates not respecting him really throws up a red flag. Take Simmons or 1 of the giant OTs or even Kinlaw.
                          If he is not the real deal, then we have to trade whatever it takes to get Burrow or Tua......

an OL does us no good without a QB...... only makes it much harder to acquire one....... 6 is as close to one as we afre eve going to get.....

Comment

Working...
                          X