• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Old but some truth to the Taylor love affair by Lynn.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Old but some truth to the Taylor love affair by Lynn.

Yep...Loyal Lynn and T-Mobile are like peas and carrots...

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

no......even if everyone was smart, everyone would NOT have a franchise QB..... if EVERYONE knew that Burrow or Tua was going to be the only great franchise QB in this draft, everyone would make huge offers for him but ONLY ONE team would get the franchise QB.......because there is ONLY one.......

It is tough....but not a guessing game....is he accurate?,...is he clutch? is he a leader?..........the fact is most drafts do not have any....... some drafts have one....... historically 2 drafts have had 3........ none have had more than that....

problem is that when bad organizations need a QB, they are desperate and they have low standards, so they take a shot at anyone, even if they were not accurate in college....... just because they need a QB..... that is stupid..... you cannot develop an inaccurate QB into an accurate passer...... never has happened and never er will.....
        Well actually, lamar Jackson did go from poor inaccurate passer to a very good passer in 1 Year. It’s more about being able to make all the Through#. Accuracy can be improved.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

no......even if everyone was smart, everyone would NOT have a franchise QB..... if EVERYONE knew that Burrow or Tua was going to be the only great franchise QB in this draft, everyone would make huge offers for him but ONLY ONE team would get the franchise QB.......because there is ONLY one.......

It is tough....but not a guessing game....is he accurate?,...is he clutch? is he a leader?..........the fact is most drafts do not have any....... some drafts have one....... historically 2 drafts have had 3........ none have had more than that....

problem is that when bad organizations need a QB, they are desperate and they have low standards, so they take a shot at anyone, even if they were not accurate in college....... just because they need a QB..... that is stupid..... you cannot develop an inaccurate QB into an accurate passer...... never has happened and never er will.....
          Are you sure what you state is true?
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• alex8080
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

does anyone have a list of senior bowl meetings with lac?

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

2020 NFL Mock Draft 3.0: A Trade Up for Tua

With the Super Bowl over and the first-round draft order set, our latest projection, including trades.
              Kevin Hanson
              2 hours agoWith the Chiefs winning Super Bowl LIV, the draft order for the first round is now set for all 32 teams. Or should I say 28 teams? Four teams—Bears, Jaguars, Rams and Steelers—do not currently own first-round picks in 2020.
              Plenty of uncertainties remain with nearly three months to go, but we can count on several draft-day trades when the draft rolls around in April. Given that, I’ve included a few proposed trades that make sense.
              Here’s an updated look at how the first round could play out:
              1. Cincinnati: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
              All signs point to the Bengals moving on from Andy Dalton this offseason and making Burrow the face of the franchise. Winning the Heisman Trophy and leading LSU to a national championship, his toughness, poise under pressure and accuracy were on full display all season. Despite seven top-10 opponents on the schedule, Burrow broke SEC passing records (5,671 yards and 60 TDs) and completed at least 70% of his pass attempts in every game except the championship game against Clemson, where he accounted for 521 total yards, six touchdowns and no turnovers.
              2. Washington: Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State
              Like with San Francisco and Young’s ex-Ohio State teammate Nick Bosa last year, Washington benefits from the top-ranked prospect in the draft getting pushed down the board. While edge rusher may not be Washington’s biggest need, teams can never have enough of them. The former five-star recruit from the D.C. area (DeMatha High School) led college football with an Ohio State-record 16.5 sacks in only 12 games last season.
              ***PROPOSED TRADE*** 3. Miami: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
              (Proposed trade: Miami sends 5th, 39thand 70th overall picks to Detroit for the 3rd overall pick)

As long as Miami’s doctors feel comfortable about the progress of Tagovailoa’s hip injury, the Dolphins may feel inclined to move up to secure their future franchise quarterback. Although owner Stephen Ross has expressed some concerns about Tua’s health, several teams in the top half of the draft—Chargers at 6, Panthers at 7, Colts at 13 and Bucs at 14—will contemplate using their first-rounder on a quarterback. When healthy, Tua has elite anticipation, accuracy and touch to all levels of the field; he’s expected to throw for teams prior to the draft.
              4. N.Y. Giants: Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
              The Giants need one, maybe two tackles as right tackle Mike Remmers will be a free agent and left tackle Nate Solder has not lived up to the expectations of his massive contract. A two-year starter at right tackle over the past two seasons, Wills is a dominant run blocker that improved as a pass blocker in 2019.
              ***PROPOSED TRADE*** 5. Detroit: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State
              (Proposed trade: Miami sends 5th, 39thand 70th overall picks to Detroit for the 3rd overall pick)
              This would be a no-brainer trade-back scenario for Detroit as they get the prospect I slotted to them in my previous mock and add two Day 2 picks. Not only were the Lions tied for a league-low seven interceptions in 2019, but Darius Slay is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2020 season. Leading the Buckeyes with three interceptions in 2019, Okudah is a complete corner with an ideal blend of size (6’ 1”, 200 pounds), athleticism and fluidity to develop into a shutdown corner at the next level.
              6. L.A. Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
              As a 16-year veteran entering free agency with a declining skill set, it’d be reasonable to believe that Philip Rivers has played his last game for the Chargers. Maybe the Chargers “make a push” for Tom Brady, who turns 43 in April, but Herbert would give them a potential long-term solution who could learn behind Tyrod Taylor (or Rivers, or Brady).

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

If it's going to be a QB, Herbert isn't a bad choice. He has all the physical tools. He'd sure be a change from PR - he's not a trash talker, instead he's said to be a
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

No to Herbert.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    If it's going to be a QB, Herbert isn't a bad choice. He has all the physical tools. He'd sure be a change from PR - he's not a trash talker, instead he's said to be a
                    I know it's probably paranoia & I've beat this horse to death, but Leaf also had all the physical tools...

I'd like to be a fly a wall during the interview process. Might be a good idea to interview him while driving in LA rush hour traffic to see how he handles it.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I know it's probably paranoia & I've beat this horse to death, but Leaf also had all the physical tools...

I'd like to be a fly a wall during the interview process. Might be a good idea to interview him while driving in
                      HTML Code:
                      LA rush hour traffic
                      to see how he handles it.
                      Leaf was a head case.. This kid is very smart and very clean.

LOL at the "LA rush hour traffic" comment. For sure he's never see that kind of traffic in Eugene.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        Leaf was a head case.. This kid is very smart and very clean.

LOL at the "LA rush hour traffic" comment. For sure he's never see that kind of traffic in Eugene.
                        He seems like a guy that would be better suited for a smaller market. Carolina for example. Hell even San Diego. Being a quieter guy, if we draft him, I pray the media doesn't eat him alive.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

No qb is guaranteed to be competent. 50% of the 1st rounders will fail. So I've always felt you make your pick and hope for the best.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X