• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Am I the only one that thinks Jalen Hurts is being underrated? Even though he doesn't have the strongest arm his delivery looked smooth and accurate. He seems fairly intelligent...the word I'm trying to come up with is poise. Opinions.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’ve been really high on Montez for the past 3 years. This season he didn’t continue to progress but he has a ton of tools.
      James Morgan was the standout at the East-West Shrine Game and showed some talent running the ball there as well. The Bolts meet with him there.
      Either of these guys day 3 could turn out to be value prospects at QB.
      image.png
      image.png

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Herbert said he wants to play as long as he can and even be a coach one day to be around the game.
        maybe he’s compensating for the narrative going around about him not “loving football” but I believe him.
        like someone else pointed out, he returned for his senior year BECAUSE it matters, his draft stock was just fine after his Jr year.
        I also buy the narrative I hear that the Oregon offense itself was dull and handcuffed him from really taking big shots downfield
        maybe coaches didn’t trust him and maybe for good reason but I think of it this way...
        if Mahomes retired today and Andy Reid drafted Herbert, can Reid develop Herbert into an elite QB?

of course we don’t have a Reid available, but the point is, is it plausible to assume that a great coach can transform this raw talent and physical tools into a consistent championship caliber contender?

my amateur eyes say yes...

does anyone have any great coaches we can hire?!?!
        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

RE MIA trade it is worth a look.

For example...

@ #6 Simmons OR Wills.
          @ #16/#28 Jeff Queen AND Josh Jones.

MIA and NE have way too many picks.
          Only so much personnel turnover can occur in one off season.

MIA could easily want to double dip early.
          Tua @ #5. Jedrick Wills @ #6 to protect Tua's blind side. Wills is the one plug n play day 1 starting OT in this draft.
          It would be a tough decision for LAC to pass on an elite player @ #6 yes...but tempting.

We need to also look for mid round trade downs.
          --MIA
          --JAC
          --IND
          --NYJ
          --BUF
          --NE

WRs. CBs. EDGE. RBs. They will be there in abundance.
          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
            Am I the only one that thinks Jalen Hurts is being underrated? Even though he doesn't have the strongest arm his delivery looked smooth and accurate. He seems fairly intelligent...the word I'm trying to come up with is poise. Opinions.
            He looks like a rich mans Tyrod Taylor and although I’m a Tua man, I think what is most likely is that we trade back into round two for Hurts.
            wouldnt hate it and it would probably grow on me
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              RE MIA trade it is worth a look.

For example...

@ #6 Simmons OR Wills.
              @ #16/#28 Jeff Queen AND Josh Jones.

We need to look for mid round trade downs too.
              --MIA
              --JAC
              --IND
              --NYJ
              --BUF

WRs. CBs. EDGE. RBs. They will be there in abundance.
              Trading down to acquire more draft capital needs to be done. Perhaps not at #6 but several times in rounds 2-7. There is so much talent we need to get at least a couple extra picks.
              No Wills at #6 other than that I’m with you. Simmons, Brown, Young, or a QB @#6.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

No you are not. He had the best feet in drills. His velocity isnt close to Herberts. But he makes all the throws. Its his inability to maximize plays that concerns some. Needs to learn how to get rid of a ball sooner in a route. When you watch Lamb...he will make a catch and still show some frustration...because Hurts is throwing it too late and it minimizes Lambs after the catch potential.

That will come though. His vision needs work. But he has the work ethic to make it. Trade a 3rd and 4th to jump back into the back of the 2nd sort of thing is what im guessing happens.

Oh and he can run also. If he doesnt work out its just another mid round pick waste. I thought Herbert looked great when he stopped forcing the ball. But the oregon thing freaks me out. They just dont do well in the pros. Maybe hes just another Mariota or Harrington? I dont know.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Trading down to acquire more draft capital needs to be done. Perhaps not at #6 but several times in rounds 2-7. There is so much talent we need to get at least a couple extra picks.
                  No Wills at #6 other than that I’m with you. Simmons, Brown, Young, or a QB @#6.
                  Exactly.
                  I was just trying to show an example of what could be.
                  Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

No one is talking about my dudes Quez Watkins, Denzel Mims, Antonio Gibson, John Hightower, Joe Reed, and Gabe Davis.

40YD - 4.35 - 4.38 - 4.38 - 4.43 - 4.47 - 4.54
                    3Cone - 7.28 - 6.66 - na - 7.07 - na - 7.08
                    20YSS - 4.36 - 4.43 - na - 4.21 - na - 4.59
                    VJ - 36.5” - 38.5” - 35” - 38.5” - 38” - 35”

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Marlon Davidson with the absolute beastly quote of the combine!
                      Dudes like this would be welcome additions to our roster!

“What I love most about the game is that I can literally go out there and hit a man consistently, and pound him, and the police won't come,” Davidson told the media. “That's the most enjoyable moment about football. They won't say anything about it in the press. I won't get any headlines, handcuffs or mugshots.”1 day ag

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

If the Chargers stay at 6 - to me, the pick should be QB, Simmons or Brown. I don't think Young drops

But if the Chargers go OT - they need to create some "noise" and see if the Cardinals want to move up for Brown, Panthers for Simmons. As I think the Chargers can move back a few spots and still get OT. Telesco needs to fan the flames - get the Cardinals, Panthers, maybe Browns or Jags involved with trying to move up if they truly want OT

if they want Brown or Simmons because TT did his job in free agency - I am good with that

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

What I don't like about him is he tends to give up and passing too quickly - one quick look and then run. A QB should be a passer first. However, perhaps he could be coached to pass more and run less. But, if he continues to run that much in the NFL he'll have an injury plagued career. (Think of Cam Newton).
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X