• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

I may be wrong but I think there are 5/6 QB's in this draft that will be good in the NFL In addition the the top three, Eason, Love,
    Fromm and Hurtz could all develop into good QB's.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I don't necessarily disagree. Although I don't think that he's as far off as some of y'all are acting. And unlike the couple of issues he does have, you can't "coach up" size, arm strength and mobility. And I do find it rather funny that you're using his intelligence as a negative.
      True but ive seen that fail many times.
      Arm strength is nice and seems everybody wants a QB with a gun but the best QBs in history didnt have guns.. I assume Love is seen as more than he is because of his arm but he makes bad decisions.

Im not using his intelligents as a negative, im just saying the wonderlic dont mean anything when to comes to football....whether they had a high or low score. He obviously can process math and other problems on paper well but he has seconds to process a play and he isnt fast enough at that. Good thing is he can sit a year.

On the other hand Tua had a 19 (to Herberts 39) and seems to read defenses faster which is reflected in the stats shown (and in the video breakdown of Herbert) for throws in the 5 to 18 yard range that are off target.....which i mentioned many times during the season.

Im not saying he is a bust...just needs time and hopefully be coached up to get better. Ive said i think he can. But is he worth number 6? I dont think so, but will he be there at 37?

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True but ive seen that fail many times.
        Arm strength is nice and seems everybody wants a QB with a gun but the best QBs in history didnt have guns.. I assume Love is seen as more than he is because of his arm but he makes bad decisions.

Im not using his intelligents as a negative, im just saying the wonderlic dont mean anything when to comes to football....whether they had a high or low score. He obviously can process math and other problems on paper well but he has seconds to process a play and he isnt fast enough at that. Good thing is he can sit a year.

On the other hand Tua had a 19 (to Herberts 39) and seems to read defenses faster which is reflected in the stats shown (and in the video breakdown of Herbert) for throws in the 5 to 18 yard range that are off target.....which i mentioned many times during the season.

Im not saying he is a bust...just needs time and hopefully be coached up to get better. Ive said i think he can. But is he worth number 6? I dont think so, but will he be there at 37?
        I think that a lot of Love's bad decisions, were basically his only option. He played with guys who couldn't get open, so you either force throws or take sacks. I think that his 2018 season is more of who he is as a player.

Gotcha on the intelligence. I agree the Wonderlic doesn't mean shit. That 13 didn't seem to hinder Lamar much from earning MVP in just year 2.

And not going to disagree with Tua having the leg up in processing at this point. But let's not dismiss the fact that he's had much better coaching and got to throw to 3 1st round WR's, that were more times than not, completely open. Had Herbert played at a top SEC school, there's no doubt in my mind that he'd be further along in his development.

If the coaching staff thinks he can be a franchise QB after sitting a year, I have zero issue with them taking him @ 6 TBH. I mean, Rivers was 4th overall and sat a year, and that worked out OK. :whistlin:

Comment

• rikardo
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Rivers was 4th overall and sat a year, and that worked out OK.
          Sat 2 years (drafted 2004; starts in year 2006 the LT year)

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I may be wrong but I think there are 5/6 QB's in this draft that will be good in the NFL In addition the the top three, Eason, Love,
            Fromm and Hurtz could all develop into good QB's.
            I think most all of this years crop of QB's success will be almost totally dependant on who they play for and what situation they are put into.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

[QUOTE=SYB;n983623]

"I think that a lot of Love's bad decisions, were basically his only option. He played with guys who couldn't get open, so you either force throws or take sacks. I think that his 2018 season is more of who he is as a player."

Hmmmm.Reminds me of my favorite Chargers of all time.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

Sat 2 years (drafted 2004; starts in year 2006 the LT year)
                That's right. Sometimes the old memory banks fail ya.

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  Hmmmm.Reminds me of my favorite Charger of all time.
                  Haha. Except he had guys who could get open last year. :stirringshit::biggrin:

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Actually one of the guys on this forum shared recently the stat of how bad Bolts WRs were at getting seperation.2nd to worst in the league or something shitty like thst.Soooo I gotta false on that one.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I think that a lot of Love's bad decisions, were basically his only option. He played with guys who couldn't get open, so you either force throws or take sacks. I think that his 2018 season is more of who he is as a player.

Gotcha on the intelligence. I agree the Wonderlic doesn't mean shit. That 13 didn't seem to hinder Lamar much from earning MVP in just year 2.

And not going to disagree with Tua having the leg up in processing at this point. But let's not dismiss the fact that he's had much better coaching and got to throw to 3 1st round WR's, that were more times than not, completely open. Had Herbert played at a top SEC school, there's no doubt in my mind that he'd be further along in his development.

If the coaching staff thinks he can be a franchise QB after sitting a year, I have zero issue with them taking him @ 6 TBH. I mean, Rivers was 4th overall and sat a year, and that worked out OK. :whistlin:
                      Rivers was a lot more accurate in college than Herbert was though and he had that it factor. Phil was very good at anticipation and throwing WRs open , throwing the ball before the WR breaks. He did not have the best arm but good enough and we have seen many of his throws that he drops into zone windows beautifully.....with some touch. Herbert also lacks touch.

If they feel Herbert can be that guy, then cool. Ill hope for the best.

Tua i have mentioned before that it seems his WRs are wide open a lot but he still has to make those long throws.

As for Love....no, he had other options, like throwing the ball away lol. A lot of his INTs its like he didnt see the defender or tried to fit it in there with his big arm. Thats a fault of many QBs that have strong arms.....Cutler was one and did it til he retired, so did Favre.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

From Ian Rapoport, @RapSheet

The #Falcons continue to be the team to watch when it comes to moving up in the NFL Draft. They have talked to teams well into the Top 10 and appear ready to make a huge leap from No. 16 via trade. CB remains a position of need: #OSU’s Jeff Okudah and #Florida’s CJ Henderson.

If Tua is gone and Simmons is gone and they want CB like Okudah- this would be my trade with the Falcons:

Chargers send: 1st, 5th and 7th

Falcons send: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th

Chargers probably get Herbert at 16 or Love and have plenty of picks in rounds 2-4

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Rivers was a lot more accurate in college than Herbert was though and he had that it factor. Phil was very good at anticipation and throwing WRs open , throwing the ball before the WR breaks. He did not have the best arm but good enough and we have seen many of his throws that he drops into zone windows beautifully.....with some touch. Herbert also lacks touch.

If they feel Herbert can be that guy, then cool. Ill hope for the best.

Tua i have mentioned before that it seems his WRs are wide open a lot but he still has to make those long throws.

As for Love....no, he had other options, like throwing the ball away lol. A lot of his INTs its like he didnt see the defender or tried to fit it in there with his big arm. Thats a fault of many QBs that have strong arms.....Cutler was one and did it til he retired, so did Favre.
                          Pretty much. Of the top three QB, I think Burrows is the only who has that same accuracy and anticipation.

Comment

Working...
                          X