• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ve-for-covid19

... and with the 52nd overall pick, the LA Rams select, Lloyd Cushenberry III LSU
    ...and in round 7, the Bolts take Rice OT Justin Gooseberry...

Quesenberry
    Cushenberry
    Gooseberry

...now THAT'S a "Berry" good draft...

Comment

• Portland1961
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hillsboro Oregon
      • Construction Re-roof Estimator
      • Send PM

Oh my God! Chaincrusher, Such blasphemy. Don't you know that anyone named Manning is the greatest ever. Even Elisha. (Laughing out loud)

Glad some one else agrees that the little Dips**t wasn't the Most Valuable Player like the NFL wants you to think.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        Cheatriots may lose draft picks due to Bengals Spygate:

image.png
        https://nypost.com/2020/04/15/patrio...fl-draft-2020/
        If they were going to take away picks, I think we would of heard by now.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 3.02.51 PM.png

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

On my run this morning - plenty of time to think about things and this is something I thought of. The idea of going from 6 to 16 seems like a bit much. But maybe the Jags move to pick 6. So the Bolts are at 9. Than you can see what AZ and Carolina do (probably Brown and Wirfs, maybe Simmons but that would mean the Chargers passed on Simmons - don't like that) - but so at 9, they see the board and can determine - we can get to 16.

Jags trade: doing the chart it would be something like 3 and 5; though a second would be nice
            Falcons trade: maybe the pick at 9 plus the Jags 5th rounder for Atlantas 1, 2 and 4

I am a bit more conservative - meaning not getting second round picks in each trade

I might be open to that if Simmons is gone. Chargers would have 16, two seconds, two thirds and two fourths . Herbert or WR at 16 and just get talent in rounds 2-4
            This is only if Simmons is gone. If we pass on Simmons I WILL barf in my proverbial cornflakes!!!

I like your analysis

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Gettin kinda "Freak"y in here.
              I miss my master
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I miss my master
                What ever happened to that dude...?
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

What ever happened to that dude...?
                  The sharks are circling around him at the 'Los Angeles Chargers fans' forum.

He says no to Simmons - just so you know.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The sharks are circling around him at the 'Los Angeles Chargers fans' forum.

He says no to Simmons - just so you know.
                      Oh....that's right. I was a UT forum guy, but made a short stop over there before I got recruited by Fleet...I thought they were gonna close that forum?

Anyway, funny dude...
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

On my run this morning - plenty of time to think about things and this is something I thought of. The idea of going from 6 to 16 seems like a bit much. But maybe the Jags move to pick 6. So the Bolts are at 9. Than you can see what AZ and Carolina do (probably Brown and Wirfs, maybe Simmons but that would mean the Chargers passed on Simmons - don't like that) - but so at 9, they see the board and can determine - we can get to 16.

Jags trade: doing the chart it would be something like 3 and 5; though a second would be nice
                        Falcons trade: maybe the pick at 9 plus the Jags 5th rounder for Atlantas 1, 2 and 4

I am a bit more conservative - meaning not getting second round picks in each trade

I might be open to that if Simmons is gone. Chargers would have 16, two seconds, two thirds and two fourths . Herbert or WR at 16 and just get talent in rounds 2-4
                        speaking as one of the proverbial armchair GMs here.... of course who thinks any of their picks is gonna bust ??

and we know over the course of teamTommyJohn their track record is riddled with misses, and.... they do much better (like most GMs/teams) the higher they draft.

trade down and you're taking them further offshore and asking a lot of them to be able to swim back to shore (so to speak) if they take on a leak/disappointment.

and then of course again, if you're Ninj or the most of us.... hell yes we'd take the more picks.... (just ask Eric DeCosta).

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          thanx Fleet,

one guy that has flown below the draft radar is their new metrics guy.... wonder if Hayre has any plans to interview him ??

still like Telesco, still think he's got some cat herder to him.... my question is can we stop repeating the same mistakes come draft time ??

we cannot go into next season w/the same holes/questions we had going into last season, i.e. the health of Okung/Pouncey.

we need a hedge against Bulaga's health, Pipkins inexperience, Lamp's uncertainty, Trai's contract demands, Qberry's middling.

if he stays "loyal" to his guys.... Feeney, Lamp, Tevi, Pouncey, and.... ?? he's got to turn the page.

we need Jason Peters or a solid LT, we need Tristan Wirfs (or the like) to supplant Lamp or whoever needs reinforcements.

we cannot leave the ? that is Mike Pouncey unaddressed prior to the regular season.... we have to plug/answer all ?s/holes on the Oline…. paramount, and way more important than getting sexier in the defensive backfield or getting a maybe QB for Tinseltown…. not good GMing.

team TommyJohn also needs to shuffle the deck that is their scouting department.... there are obviously guys that are not carrying their weight.

still think/suspect the answer is John Dorsey or the like to further mentor young John, and not sure Tom wouldn't benefit from a(nother) young up 'n comer as Asst GM ??

Comment

Working...
                          X