• Send PM

Agreed. Too many question marks

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL...horse shit. Without injury, Tua is the best. You can pick apart anyone's game when things aren't clean. But it matters not...Miami will be getting Tua. This Herbert stuff is nothing but smoke to keep the Chargers and Jags from forcing Miami to trade up.
      Miami desperately tried to meet with Tua before the cut off point. They're probably shitting bricks right now.
      I would guess it will be Tua, but their Oline is horrendous and Tua will get the crap beaten out of him on a weekly basis.
      I heard Sean Salisbury say, from watching the Tua video, that he started to slightly favor the injured leg near the end, when fatigued.

There's a chance they wait for the 2nd round

If Tua is there - take him; if not take Simmons/Bechton (& that will be okay with me)
      I'm for a swing for the fences mood - hence Tua/Simmons/Bechton. All three fit that category....Simmons, because you don't know where to put him.

Thomas would be the safe choice.

Herbert would be the sacrifice bunt to move the runner to 2nd base.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

The Golden Rule in drafting is when a franchise generational potential QB is on the board, You never pass on him.

If Tua is on the board, you take him.... If Herbert is on the board you take him. IF Tom used this logic we would have either the Texans QB, or The Ravens QB...

Hope he doesn't strike out for a third time.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Miami desperately tried to meet with Tua before the cut off point. They're probably shitting bricks right now.
          I would guess it will be Tua, but their Oline is horrendous and Tua will get the crap beaten out of him on a weekly basis.
          I heard Sean Salisbury say, from watching the Tua video, that he started to slightly favor the injured leg near the end, when fatigued.

There's a chance they wait for the 2nd round

If Tua is there - take him; if not take Simmons/Bechton (& that will be okay with me)
          I'm for a swing for the fences mood - hence Tua/Simmons/Bechton. All three fit that category....Simmons, because you don't know where to put him.

Thomas would be the safe choice.

Herbert would be the sacrifice bunt to move the runner to 2nd base.
          Don't rule out the Lions taking either Herbert or Tua either...

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I like Niang a lot...but I really do think he is a RT...and I don't like trying those guys out at LT...so do you disagree, or do you think it's worth having him sit behind Buluga? Or do you envision Buluga playing leftside until Pipkins is ready? Just curious...
            I do think Niang can play OLT at an impact starting level. He is a more obvious fit at ORT where his skillset is All-Pro. Line them up and let the best 2 play.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
              The Golden Rule in drafting is when a franchise generational potential QB is on the board, You never pass on him.

If Tua is on the board, you take him.... If Herbert is on the board you take him. IF Tom used this logic we would have either the Texans QB, or The Ravens QB...

So you are saying for example, the Cardinals should draft another QB if there is one on the board at #8?

If so, I don't agree.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Are either of those two prospects truly a “generational” QB or are they jacked up by the media? Is one year wonder Burrow more Joe Montana or Tim Couch? I’ll trust the Bolt’s braintrust to make that call when they do.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So you are saying for example, the Cardinals should draft another QB if there is one on the board at #8?

If so, I don't agree.
                  No because they drafted a potential franchise QB already, and believe they have one that has that potential already.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I just read Bob McGinn from the Athletic - based on his reports - I think I am passing on Tua more now than Herbert. There were concerns in the article about Tua from scouts McGinn talked too. Who knows if they are just talking

I am on record of not taking Herbert at 6 - he would be a trade down

I am still all on board with Simmons at 6. Top 3 player at 6 - you can't turn that down

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Are either of those two prospects truly a “generational” QB or are they jacked up by the media? Is one year wonder Burrow more Joe Montana or Tim Couch? I’ll trust the Bolt’s braintrust to make that call when they do.
                      Not saying they are no one knows for sure.... But you have to look at the potential and both have that "it factor" and if the GM believes they COULD become a generational talent you pull the trigger, that's what they get paid the big bucks for.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I am on the be cautious about Tua bandwagon from the beginning. Keep that in mind.....

However, if there was one player in this draft that I wanted to drop and could EASILY start a rumor about it to pull that off, ... TUA is the guy you could do it.

There is NO team in the NFL who doesn't at least have some scouts who wouldn't try the rumor thing, …..
                        even if the front office might not, …..

.... and I wouldn't put it past any front office either.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                          Day One...
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Brentwood, 94513
                          • Send PM

There no qb that is generational this year. Yes Burrow looks the part because of his one year, but so did Jamarcus Russell when he came out. I get the love for Tua. He is a winner, but he is also stuck with injury concerns. At six, we need a player to plug in now. That doesn't mean we are one player away, it just means we are that much closer. None of these qb will bring us that this year. Let the board play out and stay at 6. If the board allows us to trade back cause we can get impact player at 6 to help us now, I'm ok with moving back to get another solid pick.

But I have comes to terms with running this team with Taylor. He knows the system and Lynn has his trust. Solid qb play is all we need with a defense to keep us in every game. If we have a defense in which us as Charger fans have ever seen, we will go far. We are at this point, with Bosa, James, Ingram....

Comment

Working...
                          X