• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'd be fine with Bridgewater as I've mentioned him before. .....that is if Rivers leaves.

Agree about Tua, he is not a running QB but has monibilty..... Which got him hurt lol
    watch some more film...... he ran over people like a RB...... near the goal line especially...... and yes he mostly runs around to buy time to throw which is good that he is primarily a mobile passer but the running over people mentality will get him killed in NFL.... he is 6-1 and 220 or so so he's not a little guy..... but still I want him to plays many years as a passer....dont want a running QB.....

Bridgewater is better than Taylor.... but not anywhere close to as good as Burrow or Tua..... being undefeated in NO did not make him a better QB than Brees.... it was about the TEAM talent.... not sure how good Bridgewater would be as a Charger?..... with the horrible OL......

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Washington isn't hiring a GM until after the draft, that means Ron Rivera is the MFIC
      i'm wondering what Ron will want to do at 2 overall.
      does he believe in Haskins? if so, maybe he would be willing to trade down with us before draft night
      that way we're assured one of the top 2 QBs
      I have a feeling he might like Herbert because he looks more like Cam than anyone (only wearing mens clothes)
      Rivera is a defensive coach who will likely grab the best defender, the DE from Ohio State.......... Haskins is kind of like Cam Newton..... big mobile and strong arm but not a lot of touch......

Giants would want that number 2 pick to grab the DE....... and DET will grab the DE if the top 2 picks are QB's.......

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The Chargers would be unwise to try and mimic the TEN model, even keeping our Natrone Means squad in mind !
        We will create how defense is played in the modern era.

NYG ? ATL ? IND ? Not in the current discussion, are they ?
        These are teams that fixed the Oline.

Also, Tannehill put them over the top, not just Conklin.
        Oversimplification does not provide the answer here.

And you know darn well, Conklin was not slotted correctly for us, but Ronnie Stanley was.
        If you want to cut key components and overpay for Conklin now, I say that is chasing our own tail.
        Maintain cap health to sign our own--you know what is actually in the cards.
        And how do you think our "modern era defense" would have faired against those Titans from Saturday...? Were we stopping them with Kyzir, Tranquil, Tillery, and Nwosu...? Even with DJ back, we went 1-4.

NYG and ATL thought they fixed their OL's. They made the same mistake we made... overpaid for a LT near the end of his career... and drafted an OG they thought was a RT. And IND fixed their OL. Now they need a real QB... and to ditch their "modern era defense"...

Titans did exactly what I suggested the Chargers might do in 2016... trade back, get extra picks, and choose Conklin. I' actually good with the selection of Bosa (QB/OT/EDGE in the 1st). But Stanley, Tunsil, and Conklin all have one thing on Joey this year. They're all in the playoffs and Joey isn't. Did you think the Texans were getting to the playoffs without Tunsil...?

Look at all of your playoff teams... all of them have at least 1 first round pick at OT. Some of them have 2 first rounders (49ers, Titans, Seahawks). Ravens, Chiefs, Packers have RT's that are playing at first round talent level... told you OBJ was 1st round talent. This weekend, the teams with the best OL's will win. Seahawks (with Duane Brown out) have no chance. Texans (with Chris Clark) have no chance. Everybody else is in play.... I don't care how many damn "game-changers" they have... Not over-simplified. Just the facts.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

watch some more film...... he ran over people like a RB...... near the goal line especially...... and yes he mostly runs around to buy time to throw which is good that he is primarily a mobile passer but the running over people mentality will get him killed in NFL.... he is 6-1 and 220 or so so he's not a little guy..... but still I want him to plays many years as a passer....dont want a running QB.....

Bridgewater is better than Taylor.... but not anywhere close to as good as Burrow or Tua..... being undefeated in NO did not make him a better QB than Brees.... it was about the TEAM talent.... not sure how good Bridgewater would be as a Charger?..... with the horrible OL......
          I'll disagree with that til they show us otherwise. Those guys have been great in college but Bridgewater has been good in the NFL.....where it counts and he was good in college as well.

​​​To say he isn't anywhere close to those guys is just wrong at this time.

As much as I like Burrow, he was still in the minor leagues. Gotta show us in the NFL though the prospects are promising.

Not sure what you think those guys are gonna do with this OL but at least Bridgewater is up to the speed of the NFL.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And how do you think our "modern era defense" would have faired against those Titans from Saturday...? Were we stopping them with Kyzir, Tranquil, Tillery, and Nwosu...? Even with DJ back, we went 1-4.

NYG and ATL thought they fixed their OL's. They made the same mistake we made... overpaid for a LT near the end of his career... and drafted an OG they thought was a RT. And IND fixed their OL. Now they need a real QB... and to ditch their "modern era defense"...

Titans did exactly what I suggested the Chargers might do in 2016... trade back, get extra picks, and choose Conklin. I' actually good with the selection of Bosa (QB/OT/EDGE in the 1st). But Stanley, Tunsil, and Conklin all have one thing on Joey this year. They're all in the playoffs and Joey isn't. Did you think the Texans were getting to the playoffs without Tunsil...?

Look at all of your playoff teams... all of them have at least 1 first round pick at OT. Some of them have 2 first rounders (49ers, Titans, Seahawks). Ravens, Chiefs, Packers have RT's that are playing at first round talent level... told you OBJ was 1st round talent. This weekend, the teams with the best OL's will win. Seahawks (with Duane Brown out) have no chance. Texans (with Chris Clark) have no chance. Everybody else is in play.... I don't care how many damn "game-changers" they have... Not over-simplified. Just the facts.
            Yeh, but how many of those teams have dominating 1st round nose tackles?
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Especially the helmet that guy wears. Didnt Tu'a break his nose in the LSU game?
              :dunno:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

And how do you think our "modern era defense" would have faired against those Titans from Saturday...? Were we stopping them with Kyzir, Tranquil, Tillery, and Nwosu...? Even with DJ back, we went 1-4. You are all over the place with this stuff.

NYG and ATL thought they fixed their OL's. They made the same mistake we made... overpaid for a LT near the end of his career... and drafted an OG they thought was a RT. And IND fixed their OL. Now they need a real QB... and to ditch their "modern era defense"... More than one inaccuracy.

Titans did exactly what I suggested the Chargers might do in 2016... trade back, get extra picks, and choose Conklin. I' actually good with the selection of Bosa (QB/OT/EDGE in the 1st). But Stanley, Tunsil, and Conklin all have one thing on Joey this year. They're all in the playoffs and Joey isn't. Did you think the Texans were getting to the playoffs without Tunsil...? More used car salesman talk.

Look at all of your playoff teams... all of them have at least 1 first round pick at OT. Some of them have 2 first rounders (49ers, Titans, Seahawks). Ravens, Chiefs, Packers have RT's that are playing at first round talent level... told you OBJ was 1st round talent. This weekend, the teams with the best OL's will win. Seahawks (with Duane Brown out) have no chance. Texans (with Chris Clark) have no chance. Everybody else is in play.... I don't care how many damn "game-changers" they have... Not over-simplified. Just the facts. Certainly much more here than "fix the Oline." Not much reality though. Ramble On. (Great drum work by Bonzo.)
                The Chargers would be unwise to try and mimic the TEN model.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• PR#1
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Especially the helmet that guy wears. Didnt Tu'a break his nose in the LSU game?
                  I think he broke his hip and nose in the ole miss game.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Yeh, but how many of those teams have dominating 1st round nose tackles?
                    Are we talking classic 3-4 NT...? Or are we talking 4-3 1-tech big body...? In either case, these playoff DL's are built in various ways.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The Chargers would be unwise to try and mimic the TEN model.
                      Let's see how Titans do against Ravens this weekend before we rush to conclusions...

And it doesn't mean we have to mimic Titans offense. We should try to upgrade Turnstyle Tevi, though.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Let's see how Titans do against Ravens this weekend before we rush to conclusions...

And it doesn't mean we have to mimic Titans offense. We should try to upgrade Turnstyle Tevi, though.
                        Tevi is tougher than you can even dream,
                        and he has great feet.
                        Tom Telesco in his SOTC speech.

Cut somebody else to get your gazillion dollars of cap space so you can get the best five Olinemen money can buy.

:dead:​​​​​​​

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'll disagree with that til they show us otherwise. Those guys have been great in college but Bridgewater has been good in the NFL.....where it counts and he was good in college as well.

​​​To say he isn't anywhere close to those guys is just wrong at this time.

As much as I like Burrow, he was still in the minor leagues. Gotta show us in the NFL though the prospects are promising.

Not sure what you think those guys are gonna do with this OL but at least Bridgewater is up to the speed of the NFL.
                          apples and oranges.....

lets put it this way....... Bridgewater never was and never will be a franchise type QB with HOF potential....... he is a good game manager....if he has a great defense, OL and running game..... period..... he has never picked defenses apart.... Bridgewater, Newton or any other vet would just be a stop gap QB...... no need to stupidly give them big money..... if we draft a star rookie we can franchise Rivers for a year..... Bridgewater ws undefeated as a saint because they have better personel and they have a great HC.......Bridgewater will struggle on chargers..... and look about the same as taylor.....

Burrow and Tua have not played in NFL yet obviously, but just like when Manning, Marino, Elway, Rivers, Luck, ....etc were in college we knew if they didn't pull a ryan leaf that they were going to be special..... their upside is huge...... yes either or both may get hurt and end it all..... but with today's rules its pretty easy to see someone who is that accurate in college(throwing all kinds of passes not just dump offs) will be pretty damn accurate in pros.....

there is no need to spend the money and or picks for Bridgewater (who has been ok in the NFL and nothing special as a passer)...... teamates love him as a leader..... and a person..... and I certainly won't disagree with that.... but he missed a lot of open passes for NO..... he is not a consistent passer.....

Comment

Working...
                          X