• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

From an evaluation standpoint, not a good game for Herbert. He has never been able to answer the deep ball accuracy questions, and didn't get many opportunities this game. He can throw a laser, short and intermediate he is fine...and he can run...but this guy is not a top 5 pick right now. If we did take him, I hope we got Rivers, so he can sit behind a real pro for a year.
    Tua? If he clears and looks like he is worth drafting, the Dolphins will take him. Second tier guy, like Eason or Fromm? Is that really how we want to select our next signal caller?
    Not looking good for QB this year for us...build the team, trade back with someone who does like Herbert, and stockpile for a move up next year...or hope Eason or Fromm or Hurts turns out to be a gem.

Herbert is a winner and finished strong...but not a polished enough pro thrower, especially deep, to warrant a top 15 selection in my opinion...and he shouldn't be starting in the NFL next season...not ready. Didn't see anything to make me think he will fail....just haven't seen enough to think he will instantly succeed.

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

If GMs had any brains he will last till the second round easy. I haven't seen enough of him but i might be happier with Eason than Herbert

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        From an evaluation standpoint, not a good game for Herbert. He has never been able to answer the deep ball accuracy questions, and didn't get many opportunities this game. He can throw a laser, short and intermediate he is fine...and he can run...but this guy is not a top 5 pick right now. If we did take him, I hope we got Rivers, so he can sit behind a real pro for a year.
        Tua? If he clears and looks like he is worth drafting, the Dolphins will take him. Second tier guy, like Eason or Fromm? Is that really how we want to select our next signal caller?
        Not looking good for QB this year for us...build the team, trade back with someone who does like Herbert, and stockpile for a move up next year...or hope Eason or Fromm or Hurts turns out to be a gem.

Herbert is a winner and finished strong...but not a polished enough pro thrower, especially deep, to warrant a top 15 selection in my opinion...and he shouldn't be starting in the NFL next season...not ready. Didn't see anything to make me think he will fail....just haven't seen enough to think he will instantly succeed.
        I think some of you guys are evaluating Herbert with little knowledge, probably based off of only seeing him in one or two games. Check out this highlight film and you will see him run for way more than 21 yards (Boltjolt) and you will see him throw some very accurate deep passes.
        These are all of the major highlights from Justin Herbert’s 2018 Season. The highlights are all in chronological order. Make sure to leave a like and to comm...

While your checking it out, notice the Ducks LT. He's an underclassmen but he sure is good.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• PR#1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Will I like him better than Hurts, lol?

I actually like Fromm, good pocket passer, effective roll out, love the downfield throws. I can see him having a good NFL career on the right team.
          FROMM is playing well tonight.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree...... Hebert has not impressed me in highlight films and not in the Rose Bowl game..... he has a cannon for an arm and throws bullets on every pass even dink passes are bullets..... shows absolutely no touch.......accurate touch and great decision making is what makes an NFL QB....the interception on short pass was inexcusable.... ... he misses guys on short passes with bullets that fly way over head...... he also throws downward on alot of throws and strangely gets balls blocked for a long 6-6 guy?

I hate that gimmick Oregon offense...... makes QB's look great statistically.... but in reality they are not great..... Hebert will fail in NFL like every other highly touted gimmick oregon QB has..... Mariotta?, Akillli Smith?...etc..... Tua is way better passer than Hebert but Tua is seriously injury prone......

We need to convince CIN that they should trade with us to grab Hebert or Tua...........
            Alkili Smith was a generation ago for christ's sake. Chargers have done a lot better with Oregon qbs than LSU players....if you really want to dig up the history.
            You need to consider every player case by case....and point to their skill set. If its a matter of pointing to inflated stats, than you can start talking about Oregon's offense.

I wouldn't trade up for Burrow, if that is what you are pointing at. He's not worth it. I don't think he gets the ball out quickly enough, and like Hurst (although to a lesser extent) tends to run with it the instances where he does get pressure. He needs to show me a hell of a lot more before i give up a ton to move up.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

FROMM is playing well tonight.
              I know, right? I mean, it's just one game...but he looks very good. I noticed a couple times he would lock onto a receiver, and fail to notice a defender break on the ball from a different direction...almost cost him a couple of picks...might be reason he has some ints this year. Have also heard his WR corps was decimated this year.

He was kind of an afterthought...but might be keeping my eye on this kid...second round Brees-like gem?

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think some of you guys are evaluating Herbert with little knowledge, probably based off of only seeing him in one or two games. Check out this highlight film and you will see him run for way more than 21 yards (Boltjolt) and you will see him throw some very accurate deep passes.
                These are all of the major highlights from Justin Herbert’s 2018 Season. The highlights are all in chronological order. Make sure to leave a like and to comm...

While your checking it out, notice the Ducks LT. He's an underclassmen but he sure is good.
                I saw Herbert run with a db one play..he has surprising speed. Don't remember if he was chasing or being pursued.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

Gotta work tommorrow, hitting the sack...you west coasters will have to eval the second half....Happy New Year all!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

As I said before, in college I think when a QB gets sacked the yardage is taken from their running total. The 21 yards is his total for the year on his stats.

As for the highlight video.... That's what highlight videos are for. I can also make one where Rivers never throws a game ending INT but we know he has done that.
                    In games I've seen Herbert in, he isn't a great downfield thrower but of course he will hit on some which are probably in that video. I've seen him play in more than a couple games this year alone.

I am not saying he sux as has been suggested by someone. I am saying imo he is over rated.
                    Our offense is not a dink and dunk offense which he excels at so imo he isn't a good fit. He may be better off in a west coast offense.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-01-2020, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Sewell looks like an Anthony Munoz clone.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

For the record, QB, OT, and pass rushers are the premium positions. Chase Young > Derrick Brown. And I really like Derrick Brown. And I think a 1-tech is a great PON. I touted Derrick Brown and Dexter Lawrence (to the chagrin of others) last year. But Derrick Brown would not impact the team's overall effectiveness as much as a QB, OT, pass rusher.

Redskins need an OT badly. I expect them to take OT Andrew Thomas, trade Trent Williams, then move Donald Penn to right tackle. They have to protect their young QB better and they have pass rushers on defense in place. Detroit Lions will draft Chase Young.
                        AT > CY > DB > JB

and Ruiz may be better than Groy, albeit not sure I want to spend a pick on a rotational center prospect at the expense of Jalen Hurts or SR (Aaron Fuller) ??

will also throw out there that was w/you w/Dex, albeit a minority opinion indeed as others weren't so keen, i.e. Jolt who said he "could be a bust."
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

would also love it if the either or both of Okudah and/or Epenesa cracked the top five and pushed Brown down to six....
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X