• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't believe ANY team woukd tank so they can draft a certain player. If that were true they would have left Rosen as their QB and not Fitz

But,....could they take Tua at 5? Sure, why not. I'm not crazy about Tua or Herbert at 6. Only Burrow that early but that isn't likely to happen.
    I mostly agree..... but most players won't tank, but many assumed MIA organization early on was tanking when they traded away some of their best players and the word was they were truly in love with Tua.... ...... INDY did it when Manning went down and they never added a real backup QB type like Fitz or maccown, who might have ruined the chance to draft Luck....... team played hard but without a QB, Polian made sure they could draft Luck.....

If we do draft Tua, he is a lefty so as with steve young, we need to make sure we have a great RT.... since RT protects blind side of lefty QB.......

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I mostly agree..... but most players won't tank, but many assumed MIA organization early on was tanking when they traded away some of their best players and the word was they were truly in love with Tua.... ...... INDY did it when Manning went down and they never added a real backup QB type like Fitz or maccown, who might have ruined the chance to draft Luck....... team played hard but without a QB, Polian made sure they could draft Luck.....

If we do draft Tua, he is a lefty so as with steve young, we need to make sure we have a great RT.... since RT protects blind side of lefty QB.......
      Didn't do it for the Immobile Rivers so i wont expect it for Tua.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Didn't do it for the Immobile Rivers so i wont expect it for Tua.
        did not say we would....just said we'd better have our best tackle there....that is just what I would do or any smart fan or GM...... lol....

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Forget getting Tua at 6. He goes 2nd. And I’d trade our 1 and next years 1 to get him. Use our #2 on an OT.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Forget getting Tua at 6. He goes 2nd. And I’d trade our 1 and next years 1 to get him. Use our #2 on an OT.
            I think you are right....... Burrow and Tua are much better than all the other QB's...... injury concern is only issue with Tua...... he is a great runner and a great passer...... and some plays are like he is a magician....... he will be very entertaining to watch..... has a lot of steve young/wilson in him.....

Teams know that and will try to trade up to number 1 and number 2 to get one of them...... Most of the mocks ive seen have chargers reaching for Herbert....... and reason i know that is a reach is that most people see issues with Hebert's play and in mocks where Chargers fail to get burrow or Tua, they grab an OT and then Herbert does not get taken till late in first round...... that says he has issues when so many teams need a QB....... yes mocks are not perfect but generally are in ball park.......

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I think you are right....... Burrow and Tua are much better than all the other QB's...... injury concern is only issue with Tua...... he is a great runner and a great passer...... and some plays are like he is a magician....... he will be very entertaining to watch..... has a lot of steve young/wilson in him.....

Teams know that and will try to trade up to number 1 and number 2 to get one of them...... Most of the mocks ive seen have chargers reaching for Herbert....... and reason i know that is a reach is that most people see issues with Hebert's play and in mocks where Chargers fail to get burrow or Tua, they grab an OT and then Herbert does not get taken till late in first round...... that says he has issues when so many teams need a QB....... yes mocks are not perfect but generally are in ball park.......
              Washington isn't hiring a GM until after the draft, that means Ron Rivera is the MFIC
              i'm wondering what Ron will want to do at 2 overall.
              does he believe in Haskins? if so, maybe he would be willing to trade down with us before draft night
              that way we're assured one of the top 2 QBs
              I have a feeling he might like Herbert because he looks more like Cam than anyone (only wearing mens clothes)
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

First, Tua is only a fair runner. You want a good QB that can run - Bridgewater is a FA and the Saints can't afford to keep him considering the money they pay Brees. If PR leaves the Bolts will have plenty of cap space. Get Bridgewater and an OT during the FA period and we'd be freed up to do whatever is best in the draft.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

did not say we would....just said we'd better have our best tackle there....that is just what I would do or any smart fan or GM...... lol....
                  Agree, we better but I'm not optimistic

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    First, Tua is only a fair runner. You want a good QB that can run - Bridgewater is a FA and the Saints can't afford to keep him considering the money they pay Brees. If PR leaves the Bolts will have plenty of cap space. Get Bridgewater and an OT during the FA period and we'd be freed up to do whatever is best in the draft.
                    I'd be fine with Bridgewater as I've mentioned him before. .....that is if Rivers leaves.

Agree about Tua, he is not a running QB but has monibilty..... Which got him hurt lol

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Yep, he may need that armor if no big changes on the OL lol

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Yep, he may need that armor if no big changes on the OL lol
                          Especially the helmet that guy wears. Didnt Tu'a break his nose in the LSU game?

Comment

Working...
                          X