Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    I think Tua-QB had no choice but to declare.
    if he goes back, he wont play. If he is unfortunate, the rehab will require more time, have a set back or require an additional surgery. And even if all went well, I don't see how he improves his draft stock by returning to school.

Declaring now. Eliminates all those questions and risks. And he can get a contract this next year. And if he has a setback, he is already on a team.

Just think he had to go pro in terms of risk reward.
    ya it was the worst kept secret in college football.
    I suspect the whole press conference was more for publicity, recommended by his agent to help create buzz.
    "dont forget me during the Burrow hysteria"
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...let's just kick most of our OT's inside, then kick our TE's to OT...
      Might as well. With all the help they give, can't get out into the pattern anyways.

Trenton Scott is a FA... ERFA.

What I'd do...

1) Let Scott walk.
      2) Move Tevi inside to OG... taking Schofield's spot.
      3) Let Schofield walk too (he's a FA).
      4) At the very least, draft a RT in the 1st round (Wills/Wirf). A RT good enough to move to LT in case of Okung inevitable injury.

My preference would be sign FA RT, draft a LT in the 1st round, then save cap money and move on from Okung and his inevitable injury. Let Pipkins develop as a swing tackle.

OT: 1st rounder, Conklin, Pipkins
      OG: Feeney, Lamp, Tevi
      OC: 2nd rounder, Quessenberry.

Depth and value...

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Might as well. With all the help they give, can't get out into the pattern anyways.

What I'd do...

1) Let Scott walk.
        4) At the very least, draft a RT in the 1st round (Wills/Wirf). A RT good enough to move to LT in case of Okung inevitable injury.

My preference would be sign FA RT, draft a LT in the 1st round, then save cap money and move on from Okung and his inevitable injury. Let Pipkins develop as a swing tackle.

Depth and value...
        nice work on the OL.....but .....who is our QB for next decade ? who will that OL protect? ...old washed up vet? like newton,....??.... if we dont use the 6th pick on a QB, then we have to wait at least another year and if we rebuild our OL as you said, we will maybe be 7-9 or 8-8........ with styler at QB so we will have zero chance to acquire a franchise QB e ben if one was in the draft which is not likely there will be even one.... let alone 2 or 3?......drafting middle of first guarantees we wont draft high enough for a franchise QB.....

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

nice work on the OL.....but .....who is our QB for next decade ? who will that OL protect? ...old washed up vet? like newton,....??.... if we dont use the 6th pick on a QB, then we have to wait at least another year and if we rebuild our OL as you said, we will maybe be 7-9 or 8-8........ with styler at QB so we will have zero chance to acquire a franchise QB e ben if one was in the draft which is not likely there will be even one.... let alone 2 or 3?......drafting middle of first guarantees we wont draft high enough for a franchise QB.....
          You could draft Tua... but he's an injury risk. Play him behind an OT that's an injury risk (Okung) and a sub-par RT (Tevi). Don't forget the OC that's an injury risk (Pouncey) and a LG that's an injury risk (Lamp). It's not a situation that I'm comfortable with.

Did you know that Okung, Feeney, Pouncey, Lamp, and Tevi contracts all end after 2020 (next) season...? Plans need to be made regardless of who you throw out there next year @ OL. Would you put a 1st year starter (assuming new QB sits first year to learn) behind a completely new OL...?

You could draft a 2nd round QB (Love) and at least put him behind an OL that could protect him if you got a healthy 1st round OT.

Or resign Rivers and see what he'd do behind a good OL. Putting him behind Scott, Feeney, Quessenberry, Schofield, and Tevi just wasn't fair to him.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Agree 1000%

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

What I'd do...

1) Let Scott walk.

Depth and value...
              Good plan, Nut, but my only suggestion would be to also draft an OG...I'm not so high on Feeney...keep him for depth but let's draft someone better in pass pro to hopefully unseat him...

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

You could draft Tua... but he's an injury risk. Play him behind an OT that's an injury risk (Okung) and a sub-par RT (Tevi). Don't forget the OC that's an injury risk (Pouncey) and a LG that's an injury risk (Lamp). It's not a situation that I'm comfortable with.

Did you know that Okung, Feeney, Pouncey, Lamp, and Tevi contracts all end after 2020 (next) season...? Plans need to be made regardless of who you throw out there next year @ OL. Would you put a 1st year starter (assuming new QB sits first year to learn) behind a completely new OL...?

You could draft a 2nd round QB (Love) and at least put him behind an OL that could protect him if you got a healthy 1st round OT.

Or resign Rivers and see what he'd do behind a good OL. Putting him behind Scott, Feeney, Quessenberry, Schofield, and Tevi just wasn't fair to him.
                That is very interesting because I wouldn't take Tua at 6 even if he fail to us that is just based on his injury history, just can't gamble on 1st round pick like that reference (Verrett). The OL especially OT needs to be addressed with long term soultions, all our OT FA signings weren't and aren't long term solutions from Dunlap, Barksdale, and even Okung, we need to address the OT round 1. Love is an interesitng prospect if we can trade back and pick up and extra 2nd or 3rd I would be okay with getting Love, we can roll it with Rivers one more year and have Love learn from him.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

What I'd do...

1) Let Scott walk.

Depth and value...
                  This is COMPLETELY disconnected from what TT said.

But the ballwatchers love you.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

TT is gonna fail unless he successfully addresses the trenches.Be honest it might be a blessing.He can hang by his own rope.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

To belay your concerns, they could easily resign all 5

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

To belay your concerns, they could easily resign all 5
                        They could but I'd say no to Feeney and Pouncey. He is too beat up to invest good money into.
                        Feeney is self explanatory unless he will be depth and not a starter.

Not sure I'd want Tevi unless he moves inside and excells there.
                        Considering Lamps injuries every year so far he should come cheap and is due for some good luck.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They could but I'd say no to Feeney and Pouncey. He is too beat up to invest good money into.
                          Feeney is self explanatory unless he will be depth and not a starter.

Not sure I'd want Tevi unless he moves inside and excells there.
                          Considering Lamps injuries every year so far he should come cheap and is due for some good luck.
                          I agree except for Pouncey. He's still good and his leadership seems to be very important for the young people in the OL.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X