• Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Nobody said #1 overall.
    We'll see where things are at in February but I'd trade up for him if we are picking lower than where he should go.
    Hopefully Miami falls in love with Tua and the Bengals fall in love with Herbert.
    Pundits are saying number 1 overall.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• marconi
      Air Apparent
      • Mar 2019
      • Adventure Land
      • Help people live their dreams
      • Send PM

The player that impressed me the most over the weekend was Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin
      Height: 6-3. Weight: 225. Projected 40 Time: 4.68.

He was the main contributing factor in keeping the high scoring Ohio St. team in check through the first half while disrupting them constantly.

Baun is a talented collegiate pass rusher but the most valuable thing about him is his ability in coverage. He is a fluid athlete that possesses good speed and impressive lateral agility. He has fluid hips and quick feet and transitions with smoothly in coverage.

He displays a good feel for his zone and awareness dropping downfield. He’s effective covering the flats and the Badgers ask him to cover the slot at times.

Baun isn’t asked to do much in man coverage, but his length and athletic traits show promise developing in this area.

He closes with good quickness in run support and is effective setting the edge. He’s still developing his ability to stack-and-shed, but he displays solid play strength and takes good angles in pursuit.

So far this year he already has 40 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 1 interception.

It obvious he has a high football IQ and it's probably because he played mainly QB in high school and
      passed for 3,061 yards and 27 touchdowns in his high school career, adding 3,923 yards and 67 TDs rushing … scored 94 total touchdowns in 22 career games … as a senior, tabbed as state Offensive Player of the Year by Wisconsin Football Coaches Association

Right now he's projected as a later round pick but I think that will definitely change as we get closer to draft day and the rest of the draft gurus see more of him.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

If we keep playing as we have thus far, we may be in position to get Derrick Brown, he's a perfect fit for us.

As for QB's - I have Burrow, Tua, Herbert in that order. I hope we don't have to draft one of them though. If we could get Brown, I'd take him, otherwise give me a OT. I like Wirf - Iowa, Trey Adams, Washington. I like the LOT at Georgia too but can't think of his name.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Joe Burrow #1 overall in draft ?
          Not out of the question. Picking QBs is a matter of opinion of the evaluator.

Right now, he looks top 10 though.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Damn nice photoshop work Fleet. Can I share this on reddit?

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Damn nice photoshop work Fleet. Can I share this on reddit?
              I didnt make it. I gave the credit to Chargerswap. But do it. lol. Take it to our competitor.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Which specific OTs do you like so far this year, Sir ?
                It seems like other years.
                They come in all flavors.
                If Pat Meyer is out, that is going to really alter my thinking.
                This morning, I had the idea of drafting Wirfs,
                and signing Scherff.
                Andrew Thomas is the best IMO. But I also liked Walker Little. I know he had a knee injury earlier this year. But that may only cause him to drop farther in the draft should he choose to come out. Obviously, the knee needs to check out. And I also like Alex Leatherwood. Tristan Wirfs is a guy everyone talks about, but I haven't seen enough tape to make a call on him. Trey Adams scares me too much with his injury history... although he has stayed healthy this year.

I guess my cluster would be: Thomas, Little, Leatherwood, Derrick Brown, Wirfs (upon further review).

I really hope Chargers get active in FA along the OL with center, guard, and RT. The OL needs an overhaul... and probably a new OL coach.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  I also liked Walker Little.
                  notes on the aforementioned:

questions ‘bout consistency, and outing vs. Notre Dame, gets tossed on inside moves/rag dolled, lunges in pass pro & run blocking, gets whiffy w/it, opens shoulders/fails to square up, technique is bit of a train wreck, game needs major overhaul/glaring holes, dislocated knee
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Imagine an OL with Little, Thuney, Tretter, Quiz, and Conklin...

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      notes on the aforementioned:

The ND game was a bad game for the Cardinal all the way around. Fell behind early and ND brought the blitz every play late in the game. Early on though, you see Little get the angle on his man in the rush game almost every play... don't think the writer understood play design. Little has the best first step of any OT in the draft. He gets angles others can't and is very good at the 2nd level. He could use some technique work but he was only a sophmore. If he knee checks out, I'd have no hesitation about Little.

I like Derrick Brown. I touted him early last year before he decided to stay in school. I still really like him. It's all about need. You have to address it eventually. I like some other DT's in 2nd round, too. Whereas, the OT's drop off considerably after the 1st four. There will be nothing left in the 2nd round.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Andrew Thomas is the best IMO. But I also liked Walker Little. I know he had a knee injury earlier this year. But that may only cause him to drop farther in the draft should he choose to come out. Obviously, the knee needs to check out. And I also like Alex Leatherwood. Tristan Wirfs is a guy everyone talks about, but I haven't seen enough tape to make a call on him. Trey Adams scares me too much with his injury history... although he has stayed healthy this year.

I guess my cluster would be: Thomas, Little, Leatherwood, Derrick Brown, Wirfs (upon further review).

I really hope Chargers get active in FA along the OL with center, guard, and RT. The OL needs an overhaul... and probably a new OL coach.
                        So far, I am targeting Brandon Scherff in FA, and a right side Olineman in round 2 or 3.

Rebuild the right side. Feeney, Lamp, Quessenberry will still be our C, OLG candidates. Let's see how Pouncey's neck looks. Develop Pipkins.

Draft a second two way TE. This is important for the Oline and everything.

Round 1, I like Derrick Brown, or one of several WRs, DBs. My eyes will remain wide open for one of the OLTs. I would want to wait to finalize assessing that, due to injuries and late development in NCAA crunch time.

The QBs will be gone. We may go FA there.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

So far, I am targeting Brandon Scherff in FA, and a right side Olineman in round 2 or 3.

Rebuild the right side. Feeney, Lamp, Quessenberry will still be our C, OLG candidates. Let's see how Pouncey's neck looks. Develop Pipkins.

Draft a second two way TE. This is important for the Oline and everything.

Round 1, I like Derrick Brown, or one of several WRs, DBs. My eyes will remain wide open for one of the OLTs. I would want to wait to finalize assessing that, due to injuries and late development in NCAA crunch time.

The QBs will be gone. We may go FA there.
                          Solid...really depends on the plan with Rivers going forward. If he is on board for another 2 yrs...and I think he will be....I think the best move is to address the oline in FA. Scherff sounds real good...add a veteran tackle to shore up the right side, and let our young guys learn beside and have to beat out the vets if they wanna play...meanwhile you get professionals protecting Rivers...no more excuses for Phil...spend the money before it is too late.

Derrick Brown also a fav of mine, but may be out of reach...eye on BPA first round...let's get some stars. Talent and 'tude to go with veteran leadership...soft rebuild is the name of the game.
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X