• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So far, I am targeting Brandon Scherff in FA, and a right side Olineman in round 2 or 3.

Rebuild the right side. Feeney, Lamp, Quessenberry will still be our C, OLG candidates. Let's see how Pouncey's neck looks. Develop Pipkins.

Draft a second two way TE. This is important for the Oline and everything.

Round 1, I like Derrick Brown, or one of several WRs, DBs. My eyes will remain wide open for one of the OLTs. I would want to wait to finalize assessing that, due to injuries and late development in NCAA crunch time.

The QBs will be gone. We may go FA there.
    Already did. Tyrod is still signed so if Rivers doesn't retire, I exoect another Draft pick at QB. If we picking within first 15, maybe even a trade up.

We'll see how things shake out.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Thanks you California for dragging the NCAA closer to the present. Athletes need to be paid for what may be the most valuable skill they may ever have.

The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image and likeness in a major shift for the organization

Published 4 hours agoUpdated 7 min ago

Ganesh Setty

Jabari Young@JabariJYoung

Key Points
      • The organization’s top governing board voted unanimously to allow college athletes to be compensated, though the NCAA’s three divisions must still craft their own rules and detail the specifics.
      • Student-athletes must be treated similarly to non-athlete students, must not be treated like employees of their respective universities, and there should be a “clear distinction between college and professional opportunities,” the NCAA said.
      • In September, California became the first state to pass a law that would allow college athletes to get paid for endorsement deals and hire sports agents.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Already did. Tyrod is still signed so if Rivers doesn't retire, I exoect another Draft pick at QB. If we picking within first 15, maybe even a trade up.

We'll see how things shake out.
        Would you consider signing Bridgewater and ditching Tyrod ?

Just one hypothetical...curious what your take is.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Id take Bridgewater over Tyrod, but don't see the Saints trading him, but who knows. He is signed thru 2021.
          I brought him up when he was a free agent.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

doubtful our FO would jump ship on Tyrod, and know Jolt thinx he sux, and.... would gladly make safe harbor for Mariota if we had the chance.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

doubtful our FO would jump ship on Tyrod, and know Jolt thinx he sux, and.... would gladly make safe harbor for Mariota if we had the chance.
              What if an opportunity for a better option over Tyrod becomes available ?

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

What if an opportunity for a better option over Tyrod becomes available ?
                like Tom.... ??

am a stump.... pretty much only have eyes for the likes of Mariota/Stidham.... not sold on anyone this year.... like Eason, but he's got a bucket o' things to get past before endorsing wholeheartedly.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Charlie Heck (OT) UNC 6’ 7” 315#. If you don’t know his name check him out. Tough, playing with broken hand. He will go on day 2.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N3tnZvgMSYMv41yLa-qbeMhIkV1-Ku63VgRNJtoTaYI/edit#gid=0

Joe Burrow.... dude has a mid/late day three grade on him,

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The ND game was a bad game for the Cardinal all the way around. Fell behind early and ND brought the blitz every play late in the game. Early on though, you see Little get the angle on his man in the rush game almost every play... don't think the writer understood play design. Little has the best first step of any OT in the draft. He gets angles others can't and is very good at the 2nd level. He could use some technique work but he was only a sophmore. If he knee checks out, I'd have no hesitation about Little.
                      the bold is not a shared opinion....

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/c3x2h7/anatomy_of_a_bad_hype_train_using_walker_little/

went fishing for the original link that had the Walker Little analysis, along w/another top ten or so prospects.... think it was on Reddit, but couldn't dig/dredge it up.... was done by a seemingly very knowledgeable draftnik, who if I recall correctly was an Oline coach in real life.... he was very precise in his breakdowns.... (he was no fan of Little and issued an amber alert on him).

the notes I offered on the other post were not regarding the Notre Dame game, and more just a smattering of commentary I collect while surfing the 2020 draft.

the above link is the one that I did just come across re: Walker Little, and.... (one man's opine).

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        "footwork long and drawnout, doesn't have urgency with his steps", "setup seems to take longer than it should, and it will allow throwing windows to close against better competition"

I must have written this.

Comment

• bartman83642
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Being a BSU guy I hear lots of hype on this guy of course. Curtis Weaver He keeps getting more and more recognition outside of the Mountain West though.

Boise State's Curtis Weaver advances to a semifinalist for the Bednarik Award for defensive excellence. He is now one of 20 players remaining on the list and just one of two players from the Group of 5.

Comment

Working...
                          X