Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

How does that improve his draft position for 2021? Take the money and run. Alabama went out on a win this year.
    Agreed...he is still probably going top 5. I doubt he goes back, unless he suffers medical setback that kills his stock...like a second surgery.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I dunno...16.5 sacks is a lot...seen Chase play. He is pretty awesome. But don't worry...like with Burrow, we will never have to agonize over whether to take him or not...he will be gone.
      Brown shows up where we pick, it's a no brainer. Young and Thomas gone, Wirfs I like a lot, but very nice RTs in the top of the second, and Brown completes the defense. Simmons? I also like a lot, but not the impact with our defense Brown would have.

It is a coin toss at this point whether Brown is there when we pick or not...unless you are taking a QB, I think it will be an obvious choice, with Young and Thomas likely gone.
      I suspect we will be without both Ingram and Bosa after their contracts end. So I’m looking at pass rusher instead of NT in the first.

Not this year of course. QB or OT or bust this year.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

Nice roll out throw to the sideline for a first...big sack on a safety blitz...then a hail mary type throw i did not like seeing...maybe in his mind he was throwing it away, but it was ill advised.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

It's only the first drive, but Herbert looks pretty good to me. One incomplete pass was a beauty down the sideline, perfectly placed, but reciever dropped it. Little behind the receiver on a couple of completions, nice touch on a bubble screen to get it over a leaping dlineman....and runs it in for the touchdown. Really like how the ball comes out of his hand.
          The only pass he has thrown over 10 yards wasn't close. I been telling you, he throws a ton of 0 to 5 yards passes and his recievers or backs make RAC yards. Even that sideline pass was a 9 yard gain.

Threw a stupid INT to a LB on a shirt dump pass as he locks on his recievers. It wasn't a lucky INT, he threw it right to him. Lucky is the LB caught it since it was such a short pass.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The only pass he has thrown over 10 yards wasn't close. I been telling you, he throws a ton of 0 to 5 yards passes and his recievers or backs make RAC yards. Even that sideline pass was a 9 yard gain.
            Threw a stupid INT to a LB on a screen as he locks on his recievers.
            More drama and hyperbole...he has had 3 completions around 10 or more yards, and 2 dropped passes...and he has made some mistakes...still don't get this horrible, he sucks narrative.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Im not saying he sucks. Right now, I still think he's on the Bolts board and Id be ok with drafting him.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

More drama and hyperbole...he has had 3 completions around 10 or more yards, and 2 dropped passes...and he has made some mistakes...still don't get this horrible, he sucks narrative.

He has 1 pass over 10 yards which is for 11 and 1 for 9 yards. We are watching different games.

I don't consider a catch-and-run over 10 yards to be a pass more than 10 yards. Im talking about a pass in the air more than 10 yards. He isn't very accurate with those.

I again never said he sux and show where I ever have. I want him to be good but he is over rated.

The hyperbole is yours
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-01-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Horrible, horrible, horrible throw for the int. by Herbert.
                  In other words...ahem...

Herbert...slings the rock into coverage for a pick...

...let's welcome our Future QB...he'll fit right in...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

In other words...ahem...

Herbert...slings the rock into coverage for a pick...

...let's welcome our Future QB...he'll fit right in...
                    See now that's a lame comment. He slung that pass about 2 yards to a LB he didn't see in a crowd. Not a good choice but hardly a sling into coverage. Are you watching the game?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

He has 1 pass over 10 yards which is for 11 and 1 for 9 yards. We are watching different games.

I don't consider a catch-and-run over 10 yards to be a pass more than 10 yards. Im talking about a pass in the air more than 10 yards. He isn't very accurate with those.

I again never said he sux and show where I ever have. I want him to be good but he is over rated.

The hyperbole is yours
                      Nope...same game. I'm just being objective. Not overly impressed thus far, but I have seen some nice throws, plus a couple drops by recievers. Also seen an poor decision that led to an interception, and a wild deep throw. I just get the impression from you of an anti Herbert agenda...not interested in that opinion. You hopped right on after his first mistake and said see, I told you so.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

See now that's a lame comment. He slung that pass about 2 yards to a LB he didn't see in a crowd. Not a good choice but hardly a sling into coverage. Are you watching the game?
                        See, now I agree with you....there is middle ground to be found...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Send PM

By the way...nice 12 or 13 yard laser on that last drive...now I'm just being childish and keeping score...

Comment

Working...
                          X