• Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I disagree.

Voch Takes A Deep Dive Into College Football Film From Players Declaring For The Nfl Draft. Breaking Down The Players Pros, Cons, Fit, & Projection to the NF...
    While I can respect your take, I'm gonna tend to agree with the dude who played the position at the highest of levels for a decade plus.

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

I disagree.

Voch Takes A Deep Dive Into College Football Film From Players Declaring For The Nfl Draft. Breaking Down The Players Pros, Cons, Fit, & Projection to the NF...
      The Best OL in this draft imo. No nonsense just consistency.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I agree. I used to be the guy that waited until the 5th/6th/7th round on WR... because this is a deep draft @ WR.

But recently I got back to considering how to make this offense click again... even if Tyrod is our starter next year. The guy I settled on was KJ Hamler. Hamler replaces the deep speed we lost in Benjamin. Hamler also replaces the drag routes we used to throw to Tyrel Williams so effectively. And Hamler is a PR/KR option also.

Imagine having Hamler and Eke in the slot. MW and KA outside. Put Eke in motion pre-snap, and you have an option to hand it to Eke (Deebo-style) or hit him in the flat as a receiver. Meanwhile, you have Hamler in the opposite slot running a slant/drag to opposite side of Eke and have to consider Hamler's big play speed (4.30) while deciding who your safeties will help over the top with (KA or MW). And since I've only mentioned 4 playmakers (+QB and 5 OL)... chose whether you want to include HH pressing the deep seam or a RB out in the flats to opposite side of EKe (same side as Hamler's drag route). Defenses would have a lot to think about. I would hate to scheme against that offense...

We need some elite speed at WR...
        Cant argue that but if he is there, id much rather have Jalen Reagor over Hamler. He isnt as fast but he has good speed and can do so much more with the ball in his hands.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I remember AL getting creative at the goal line, pulling their best player, Rivers, and putting Taylor in at QB.

FAIL.
          Worth a shot. PR stunk in the red zone WAY too often last year.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
            Joe Thomas on the top 4 OTs: he ranked them in this order for the Browns

Mehki Bechton: "I still have him as 1a because of his ceiling, and I don't see anything that a great OL coach can't correct"

Jedrick Wills: (ranked as 1b) "Pros; change of direction, ability to create power, ability to stop power quickly, mobility, technique is clearly the best in the draft, size
            Cons; if you watch a lot of his tape, he has had some mental lapses with penalties and getting lulled to sleep by lesser opponents"

Andrew Thomas: Thomas calls Thomas a good athlete with good technique, just that he isn’t quite as polished in run blocking and pass protection as the first two

Tristan Wirfs: "Wirfs Pros; extremely strong and powerful, smart, tough, good technique; Wirfs Cons; sometimes guys who have powerlifter lower body strength have "heavy" legs and you can see that on tape from Wirfs. His first step quickness and change of direction suddenness could be better. Overall, a great player who likely will be a tackle long term, but might be best suited to start at guard because of less than perfect mobility and suddenness. A mauler (good) but those types sometimes struggle to keep up with the athletes you see on the edge"
            hope he's right, and hope all three of 'em are off the board by six, w/hopefully team TommyJohn resigned to pick the only option left @6....
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Cant argue that but if he is there, id much rather have Jalen Reagor over Hamler. He isnt as fast but he has good speed and can do so much more with the ball in his hands.
              Reagor has blazing speed and has a body type to withstand the rigors of the NFL. He is going round 1 so it won’t matter.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Reagor has blazing speed and has a body type to withstand the rigors of the NFL. He is going round 1 so it won’t matter.

He has good speed but not buying what it says there. He ran mid 4.4 at the combine. Good enough for me, he plays fast.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has good speed but not buying what it says there. He ran mid 4.4 at the combine. Good enough for me, he plays fast.
                  FAST is FAST and Reagor is FAST.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

FAST is FAST and Reagor is FAST.
                    Yes...and i really like Reagor. Would be estatic if we got him but he isnt a 4.22- 4.28 guy lol. Hand timed is always faster. But yes fast is fast and 4.45 is pretty fast. I would much rather have him over Hamler and wouldnt hesitate. He and Gibson are my favorite offensive draft picks for us.

I dont know if he will go round 1 as you never know what other teams are looking for but im sticking with us going after Hurts in round 2. Not my choice , think thats Lynns.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Interesting stats according to PPF:

If a team has Top 10 pass rusher but no top 10 QB = 47% winning percentage and zero SB’s…..

If a team has Top 10 QB without a top 10 pass rusher = 62% winning percentage including last 2 SB’s……

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

If a team has Top 10 pass rusher but no top 10 QB = 47% winning percentage and zero SB’s…..

If a team has Top 10 QB without a top 10 pass rusher = 62% winning percentage including last 2 SB’s……
                        That is a single cherry picked stat from PFF.
                        Have them do the research for top 10 - 20 QB with a top 5 scoring D.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Did you really need to post it in 4 different threads? :whistlin:

Comment

Working...
                          X