Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah but......they all need developing. Too bad Philip isnt still here to help out. Just sitting in the film room with him would help.
    True but Tua is already advanced in all the requisite qb skills.
    if we had a qb guru on staff id be more open to herby
    but Tua has vet-like football IQ due to having
    3 different OCs at Bama
    can immediately threatens all 3 levels
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      TT PRE-DRAFT PRESSER

agree that Cam seems unlikely as Telesco pretty much bristled at the suggestion of the such, and.... not sure things are any more likely for Tua, as he was clear that they were not missing any health info on anyone/Tua, which you could speculate that they aren't waiting on how his hip heals, and that they have more than enough info to make their durability decision.... not to mention that Telesco also was very clear that the collisions would only get worse come the NFL, and.... Popper asked 'bout durability concerns and Telesco answered that reliability was high on their list of factors.... does sound like they (may) have their eyes on a round 2, 3 or 4 QB.... Fromm, Hurts (plan A ?), Gordon, Morgan (plan B ?) ??

@RB he made mention of an all around back who could run, catch and protect.... Edwards Helaire has questions 'bout his pass pro, and Dillon and maybe Taylor have questions 'bout catching the ball outta the backfield ?? and all of 'em can run, and.... Telesco said some will be taken high, and that the (RB) class is strong thru out the draft.... one early and one later ??

don't think he's fooling anyone @LT.... Sam w/LT feet, Lamp who couldn't find the field @guard, let alone tackle, and Pips who was party to a jailbreak or coupla few last year.... the need is high, 'specially w/Bulaga penciled in @RT.... his in house options also made no mention of the incoming Storm.... he also emphasized the importance of pass pro @LT (besides having good feet), and so.... if I'm crossing anyone off the LT list @6 it's Becton as he has allowed more pressures than some peoples would like/care for.

think you can safely say that they like Desmond @the all of FS, nickel and dimebacker (don't think he's gonna see time @the either of boundary or SS ?), and that he thinks Harris can play boundary or slot, and even tho Harris shared that he was told he would be seeing a fair bit of slot cornerback ?? we have alotta guys to see the field in the secondary.... Hayward, Harris, Desmond, James, Rayshawn and Nasir.... we are tripled up @FS w/King, doubled up @slot corner, now w/Harris, and looking a little thin/uncertain @boundary, w/Davis and Harris.... could be looking hedge/depth there ??

is he set @LB ?? Denzel, Drue, Vigil and Malik @MIKE, Vigil, Drue, Kyzir (and Malik) @WIL, Kyzir, Uchenna and Egbule @SAM.... are we "ok" @LB, or could he/we be considering Isaiah ??

he specifically said that they could add "another" receiver, and didn't get any gist that it could be two wide receivers ??

sounds like Pouncey is penciled in @the OC until proven otherwise, and that there is no imperative to hedge/reinforce that position as of now ??

did mention how strong the first round was, and how deep the talent ran there, and made some mention of things you thought never could happen or the like ?? ….trade down ??

does sound like he/we bunch prospects by position and that we more draft for need than keep an open board as he made a half hearted follow up to comparing positions at said slot....

also made mention of the need to not just assemble a "portfolio of players," and the necessity of building a team that fits together.

my guess is tackle early and then another top flight pick @37.... RB/OL, and then QB would come into play @71 and thereafter ?? could go CB/LB for depth then and/or thereafter, and w/a wideout also a consideration in that slotting as well ??

seems like the odds are a little long for the likes of a Ruiz, Simmons and/or Tua ??
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

agree that Cam seems unlikely as Telesco pretty much bristled at the suggestion of the such, and.... not sure things are any more likely for Tua, as he was clear that they were not missing any health info on anyone/Tua, which you could speculate that they aren't waiting on how his hip heals, and that they have more than enough info to make their durability decision.... not to mention that Telesco also was very clear that the collisions would only get worse come the NFL, and.... Popper asked 'bout durability concerns and Telesco answered that reliability was high on their list of factors.... does sound like they (may) have their eyes on a round 2, 3 or 4 QB.... Fromm, Hurts (plan A ?), Gordon, Morgan (plan B ?) ??

@RB he made mention of an all around back who could run, catch and protect.... Edwards Helaire has questions 'bout his pass pro, and Dillon and maybe Taylor have questions 'bout catching the ball outta the backfield ?? and all of 'em can run, and.... Telesco said some will be taken high, and that the (RB) class is strong thru out the draft.... one early and one later ??

don't think he's fooling anyone @LT.... Sam w/LT feet, Lamp who couldn't find the field @guard, let alone tackle, and Pips who was party to a jailbreak or coupla few last year.... the need is high, 'specially w/Bulaga penciled in @RT.... his in house options also made no mention of the incoming Storm.... he also emphasized the importance of pass pro @LT (besides having good feet), and so.... if I'm crossing anyone off the LT list @6 it's Becton as he has allowed more pressures than some peoples would like/care for.

think you can safely say that they like Desmond @the all of FS, nickel and dimebacker (don't think he's gonna see time @the either of boundary or SS ?), and that he thinks Harris can play boundary or slot, and even tho Harris shared that he was told he would be seeing a fair bit of slot cornerback ?? we have alotta guys to see the field in the secondary.... Hayward, Harris, Desmond, James, Rayshawn and Nasir.... we are tripled up @FS w/King, doubled up @slot corner, now w/Harris, and looking a little thin/uncertain @boundary, w/Davis and Harris.... could be looking hedge/depth there ??

is he set @LB ?? Denzel, Drue, Vigil and Malik @MIKE, Vigil, Drue, Kyzir (and Malik) @WIL, Kyzir, Uchenna and Egbule @SAM.... are we "ok" @LB, or could he/we be considering Isaiah ??

he specifically said that they could add "another" receiver, and didn't get any gist that it could be two wide receivers ??

sounds like Pouncey is penciled in @the OC until proven otherwise, and that there is no imperative to hedge/reinforce that position as of now ??

did mention how strong the first round was, and how deep the talent ran there, and made some mention of things you thought never could happen or the like ?? ….trade down ??

does sound like he/we bunch prospects by position and that we more draft for need than keep an open board as he made a half hearted follow up to comparing positions at said slot....

also made mention of the need to not just assemble a "portfolio of players," and the necessity of building a team that fits together.

my guess is tackle early and then another top flight pick @37.... RB/OL, and then QB would come into play @71 and thereafter ?? could go CB/LB for depth then and/or thereafter, and w/a wideout also a consideration in that slotting as well ??

seems like the odds are a little long for the likes of a Ruiz, Simmons and/or Tua ??
        If I was a beating man my money would be on Morgan in round 3/4.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

If I was a beating man my money would be on Morgan in round 3/4.
          I would not take that bet, cuz I think you might be absolutely right.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Lol, sorry don't agree. Costello is transferring next season to Miss st. He was ok the season before but hurt last year. So why the transfer? Unless he balls out,...is he anything more than Herbert? Or Fromm?. Newman needs to really step it up next season.

Ehrlinger is ok,...maybe can elevate himself as a first round pick with a great year. Lawrence is the crown Jewel next season and Fields would be next if he don't have a down year.

Still like this class better. We aren't going to get Lawrence.
            2 current year and 1 next's year #1 would go a long way to prying the #1 overall from a non-qb needy team. That's a draft you can build a team of the future around.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I do not think Simmons is going to make the defense that much better than drafting a better OT or DT in the trenches. Need RB and WR's plus maybe a qb but maybe not due to where we pick and availability of the QB. I hope we move down a few spots and pick up some more picks inside the top 100.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I do not think Simmons is going to make the defense that much better than drafting a better OT or DT in the trenches. Need RB and WR's plus maybe a qb but maybe not due to where we pick and availability of the QB. I hope we move down a few spots and pick up some more picks inside the top 100.
                You’d be wrong but think how you wish.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

You’d be wrong but think how you wish.
                  I just mean that we already have some safeties and CB's...yes he's a good player but we need players everywhere...we have a lot of first rounders on defense already. Maybe we draft a another linebacker in this draft that slides.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Simmons will absoluty make the defense better than Brown, who will not start over Linval. NTs aren't every down players in a passing league.

For me it's Simmins or trade down. But if they draft Tua or Herbert , i guess I'd be ok but not what I would do. But of course I'll defer to them.

Sounds like beach heard what he wanted to rather than what TT said by continuing to mention HIS guys lol. If we go QB lower my guess the floor is Hurts and not Fromm or Morgan.

Won't be long now.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-18-2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Ontario , Canada
                        • Send PM

I don't think they can go too wrong whoever they take at #6. What is wrong is us picking in the top 10 w too much regularity.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Simmons will absoluty make the defense better than Brown, who will not start over Linval. NTs aren't every down players in a passing league.

For me it's Simmins or trade down. But if they draft That or Herbert , i guess I'd be ok but not what I works do.

Sounds like beach heard what he wanted to rather than what TT said by continuing to mention HIS guys lol. If we go QB lower my guess the floor is Hurts and not Fromm or Morgan.

Won't be long now.
                          huh.... ?? which my guys did I mention/pimp ?? and I bolded Hurts (and Morgan) cuz eye thought him/them a more likely pick than your Herbert or other people's Tua…. pure speculation after reading between the lines/listening to Telesco.

and Brown wouldn't spell Joseph, he'd spell Jerry or Justin @the 3T.

and why are you so keen to trade down.... team TommyJohn's drafting record of success drops accordingly to where slotted, and.... are you sure that @least one of the four OTs doesn't turn out to be a dud, and.... if you trade down, aren't you more likely to end up w/the short end of the straw there ??

and gonna disagree.... Brown improves the D (much) more than Simmons.... that's been our problem/downfall: the neglect of the IDL in lieu of the back seven.
                          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X