Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Why did he sign a 1 year deal in Indy?
    Relocating the entire family for just the 1 year seems quite different from his previous stance.
    I took it as he wants to go one year at a time.

He said if he stinks it up, he would retire but if he plays well he would like to continue but don't expect him to be Brady's age and still playing.

Saw that somewhere but didn't post it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The bolded to me is funny. High School football QBs run more because most cant throw very well. I wish when i were in HS, our QB ran more, id bet his completion % was around maybe 40%...maybe. Fact is, he didn't run well either.
      High school FB has been predominated by running QBs since the beginning of time, for this reason. Marcus Allen played QB in HS, i remember because his Lincoln squad beat the snot out of my HS (Kearny) in the CIF Championship, he scored 5 tds. 4 TDs on offense, all by running. 1 TD an interception return to the house.

Tyrod Taylor is an example of AL saying he wants an RPO QB? I thought the forum thinks Tyrod isn't that kind of running QB?
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

High school FB has been predominated by running QBs since the beginning of time, for this reason. Marcus Allen played QB in HS, i remember because his Lincoln squad beat the snot out of my HS (Kearny) in the CIF Championship, he scored 5 tds. 4 TDs on offense, all by running. 1 TD an interception return to the house.

Tyrod Taylor is an example of AL saying he wants an RPO QB? I thought the forum thinks Tyrod isn't that kind of running QB?
        For the record, Lynn never said he wanted a RPO QB. No where in the qoutes above did he use that term, and said he wants a QB that can move.
        Brady is far from a RPO QB.

Marcus's team scrimmaged our Varsity team in Poway when I was a sophomore on the JV team. So I knew he was a QB and a DB.
        Still, most HS QBs don't throw well.

There are thousands of HS teams and only a small % go to college. Then you have hundreds of college teams and a very small % get drafted
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-26-2020, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Safe bet he prefers RPO QB.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

For the record, Lynn never said he wanted a RPO QB. No where in the qoutes above did he use that term, and said he wants a QB that can move.
            Brady is far from a RPO QB.

Marcus's team scrimmaged our Varsity team in Poway when I was a sophomore on the JV team. So I knew he was a QB and a DB.
            Still, most HS QNs don't throw well. T

There are thousands of HS teams and only a small % go to college. Then you have hundreds of college teams and a very small % get drafted
            I agree AL wants a QB that can move, i've always agreed with that. I want one too. Who doesn't? But this legend of AL's desire to have a mobile QB morphed into he wants a running QB. I'd say he wants a QB that can run once in awhile, and can evade more often, and can score TDs and win always.

Brady cannot do that. but AL doesn't pick the chargers players - which is another large point i keep making. TT and John Jr (in reverse order) decide on the QB, not AL. They might listen to AL's desire for a backup, they'll make up their own mind on the face of the franchise.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

I agree AL wants a QB that can move, i've always agreed with that. I want one too. Who doesn't? But this legend of AL's desire to have a mobile QB morphed into he wants a running QB. I'd say he wants a QB that can run once in awhile, and can evade more often, and can score TDs and win always.

Brady cannot do that. but AL doesn't pick the chargers players - which is another large point i keep making. TT and John Jr (in reverse order) decide on the QB, not AL. They might listen to AL's desire for a backup, they'll make up their own mind on the face of the franchise.
              So who here thinks that if Rivers had a better 2019 season instead of 23-20 he was like 33-10 would the Chargers had resigned him? I for some reason still don't think they would have and I feel a ton of fans would have been even more upset.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Relocating the entire family for just the 1 year seems quite different from his previous stance.
                I would move for an extra ten million! Wouldn't you? Plus...if he does alright he could get an extra two year extension.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

If by his previous stance you mean not moving to LA, it was because he didn't have to he could commute. He obviously can't do that from FL to Indy.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I would move for an extra ten million! Wouldn't you? Plus...if he does alright he could get an extra two year extension.
                    Of course I would move for a 1 year $25 million payday.

He got basically a 5 yr $100 million deal 5 years ago and chose to commute instead of move to the dreaded LA area.
                    Indianapolis is probably more Phil’s speed though so in that way it makes sense.
                    Eventually retiring to FLBAMA to coach his kids and spend unrestricted time with his entire family.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Of course I would move for a 1 year $25 million payday.

He got basically a 5 yr $100 million deal 5 years ago and chose to commute instead of move to the dreaded LA area.
                      Indianapolis is probably more Phil’s speed though so in that way it makes sense.
                      Eventually retiring to FLBAMA to coach his kids and spend unrestricted time with his entire family.
                      For $25 million he can probably buy 10 square miles of vacant land in florida and call it River-ville. LOL!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

So who here thinks that if Rivers had a better 2019 season instead of 23-20 he was like 33-10 would the Chargers had resigned him? I for some reason still don't think they would have and I feel a ton of fans would have been even more upset.
                        If had a 33-10 season, the probably won 11 games, were in the playoffs again, and yeah - they bring him back. If he’d have them.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

If had a 33-10 season, the probably won 11 games, were in the playoffs again, and yeah - they bring him back. If he’d have them.
                          disagree..... Rivers knew all season the Chargers were not bringing him back.... and it affected his play..... Chargers made a decision they were NOT going to extend Rivers after the 12-4 season...... they broke off negotiations when they could have signed him for less(waiting allowed multiple QB's to rea ch the 30+ million dollar per year salary range)..... Rivers signed with indy for 25 million.....chargers would not even play that..... . its obvious with the crazy 30+ million dollar salaries out there for QB's who are not as good as Rivers that Spanos decided to move on.....

after we ended up sucking so bad we are picking at 6, there was no reason to pay rivers since we are luckily in position to draft or trade up for an elite rookie QB....... these opportunities are rare so Chargers must do what they can to acquire an elite young QB to build the team around......

Comment

Working...
                          X