• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

My 2nd mock of the off-season I was thinking exactly that. I've been big on getting a tackle in round 1, but with CB1 Jeff Okudah and IDL1 Derrick Brown there for the taking, I decided to go off-meta.

Round 1 - CB Jeff Okudah - Ohio State
    "Early first round talent with the upside to become one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL."

Round 2 - OT Alex Leatherwood - Alabama
    "Man, Leatherwood is athletic! He moves really well in space and his mirror ability is something to take note of."

Round 3 - TE Jared Pinkey - Vanderbilt
    "Big bodied receiver who has enough savvy to really abuse linebackers and safeties alike in coverage thanks to his size, release ability and hands over the middle."

Round 4 - DL Rashard Lawrence - LSU
    "He's super well built. Slapped together with a lot of mass and he's ready-made to play in the NFL right now thanks to his build."

Round 5 - WR Isaiah Hodgins - Oregon State
    "Catch radius is borderline elite given concentration, quick adjustments, and strength in his hands."

Round 6 - RB Tavien Feaster - South Carolina
    "Providing the the downhill-style power and thunder in an NFL offense is exactly what Feaster can do at the next level."

Round 7 - EDGE Tipa Galeai - Utah State
    "A juiced-up pass rusher with elite burst. Explosive, natural edge bender who can dip and flatten around the corner on a consistent basis."

I looked at a lot of clusters for each round, so I'm really happy with this mock draft! Made with On The Clock
    The big takeaway - no QB drafted! I said screw it. Roll with Brady, Taylor, Stick or whoever. I don't care, I went for BPA at PON.
    Also it's really hard to find speedy WR's outside of the 1st round. Just going to have to make due I guess.
    Isn't Leatherwood staying in school? Thought I saw that.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Isn't Leatherwood staying in school? Thought I saw that.
      Yep...so the mid to late 1st round OT market just tightened up a bit:

Alabama OT Alex Leatherwood, a first-team All-SEC selection who ranks No. 21 on Mel Kiper's latest Big Board for the 2020 NFL draft, has decided to return to the Crimson Tide for his senior season.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I had Dalton Risner OL, Khalen Saunders DT in my final mock...Trencher approved.

Jeudy/Lamb...the talent level is close.

IMV, in January, mocking should be fluid, designed to encourage outside the box thinking...get more scout's eyes involved !!
        Taylor Rapp and Saunders were my pet prospects last year...if only we had gotten Saunders...Rapp played a lot this year, I think, but I don't know how well he held up. I might not have had him in my final, opting for the speedier Thornhill..

Imagine if we had went Thornhill/Saunders instead of Tillery/Adderley...time will tell, but so far it looks like we are holding the short end there...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...so the mid to late 1st round OT market just tightened up a bit:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...n-crimson-tide
          Not a fan myself...I think he made the right choice going back. If he continues to improve, and as a blind side blocker for a righty, he could be a top 5 or 10 pick next year. I thought he looked like a late first at best this year.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Simmons-LB, Clemson

Butkus award winner.

Acc defensive player of the year.

Fast, long, tough, can play all over the field and make plays. Need a star linebacker. There are no stars at linebacker on the team. And he can do more than just play linebacker. He can play FS, SS, CB, even pass rush as a DE. You could even line him up on offense to run go routes at WR. 6'4 230lb 4.3 speed. And he still has a lot of room to improve as a player. He is an elite prospect. A linebacker that can cover a WR like Julio Jones or TE like Travis Kelce. You dont find those type of players very often. Teams try to get WR or TE or RB matched up with a linebacker in coversge and vs any Charger LB the opponent can create an mismatch advantage. Not if that LB is Simmons.

When you look at the list of Butkus award winners.
            A lot of very good players won it. And went on to be very good pros in the NFL. Makes me even more comfortable with Simmons at #6.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I like the idea of adding a big bruising back to the stable...but Clyde Edwards-Helaire is an exception...I would be all over that. If MJD could put up 1600 yds as a feature back, this kid could do the same...and he is actually a bit bigger.
              He’s amazing.
              I've been thinking about this lately and challenging my own preconceived notions about what rbbc looks like.
              watching guys like sproles, woodhead and Ekeler make me wonder if we can have thrive with smaller quick backs that play similar.
              I think a lot of people are salivating while watching Derrick Henry run through the patriots but for our situation, we need backs with good vision and cutting ability to make up for poor run blocking Oline
              last thing I want is a big rb telegraphing the play and slamming behind our already fragile Oline.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Simmons-LB, Clemson

Butkus award winner.

Fast, long, tough, can play all over the field and make plays. Need a star linebacker. There are no stars at linebacker on the team. And he can do more than just play linebacker. He can play FS, SS, CB, even pass rush as a DE. You could even line him up on offense to run go routes at WR. 6'4 230lb 4.3 speed. And he still has a lot of room to improve as a player. He is an elite prospect. A linebacker that can cover a WR like Julio Jones or TE like Travis Kelce. You dont find those type of players very often. Teams try to get WR or TE or RB matched up with a linebacker in coversge and vs any Charger LB the opponent can create an mismatch advantage. Not if that LB is Simmons.

A lot of very good players won it. And went on to be very good pros in the NFL. Makes me even more comfortable with Simmons at #6.
                I thought someone posted a graphic on here where he actually played far more snaps as a DB than as a LB...if true, that is a hell of an accomplishment to nab best LB...I know when I saw him play, he was mostly a DB.

He is down my board some, because there are some really good players at need positions up there...but if we came away with Simmons, I wouldn't be upset. I have not seen a lot of game tape on him, mind you...but from what I have read, he can cover and he is a terrific blitzer...and his versatility allows us to address matchup problems with teams that possess several weapons...

If we are thinking QB, or are finally gonna go all in on the oline, he is a luxury we can't afford...but he sure would look good on our defense...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Simmons-LB, Clemson

Butkus award winner.

I concur good sir!

He is a bigger faster version of Derwin. He could play anywhere on the field save DT or SDE.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Taylor Rapp and Saunders were my pet prospects last year...if only we had gotten Saunders...Rapp played a lot this year, I think, but I don't know how well he held up. I might not have had him in my final, opting for the speedier Thornhill..

Imagine if we had went Thornhill/Saunders instead of Tillery/Adderley...time will tell, but so far it looks like we are holding the short end there...
                    Rapp started for the Rams the last half? of the season. He had a really good year - they were happy with him. He made a bone headed mistake at the end of the game against the 49ers that cost them the game in week 15 or 16.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Simmons-LB, Clemson

Butkus award winner.

This seems like a hyperbole....no? Stick him at corner and he would go top 3.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 12.13.01 PM.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Simmons-LB, Clemson

Butkus award winner.

We'll see about the 4.3 speed. I'm doubting that and doubt he would play CB.

Comment

Working...
                          X