• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
    With so many people predicting that 2 QBs and 2 OTs taken before we draft, that would mean an elite edge rusher or CB will be their at 6. There will be a great player available when we draft (QB, OT, DE, CB)!
    Hopefully we acquire at least one or two solid starting OL via FA...... If we cannot/fail to draft or trade for one of the top 2 QB's in this draft then we need to take BPA..... and if the top DE, and 2 top OT's are gone, then taking the top CB from Ohio State would make our defense much better than it it now.... he would be our first shut down CB in a very very long time.....

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Add LB to that.
      Yes, we have needed a great LBer since Seau was stupidly let go by marty........

I saw a mock draft that had Chargers taking the top LBer in the draft...... ive sen mocks with Chargers taking the top CB, the top DT, one of the top 3 OT's, and most taking Tua or Hebert....and a few crazy ones taking Love, the big strong utah QB who has zero touch or accuracy?????

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

At pick #6? No way.
        At pick #37. Yes.

Swift
        recall when Jamal Charles came out of the third round.... (had him as a first rounder all day, as just didn't get it ?)

5) LT
        6) Swift
        7) MW

obviously just my opinion, and.... gots no problem w/Swift @6.... gonna be worth every bit of draft capital there, and way less risk than alotta/most of the names bandied about on here.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

1) IDL Derrick Brown * even tho Steve has reservations 'bout picking an IDL this early, still think this guy is the one who most adds to our chances at a SB appearance
          2) RB D'Andre Swift * lotta RBs in the mix earlier than later.... maybe this guy pulls a Nasir and somehow falls/drops to us here
          3) SS Hamsah Nasirildeen * doesn't fit any team needs model, and.... if he's here, like his risk/reward profile.... if we can use Simmons, we can use this guy
          4) SR Aaron Fuller * have seen him slotted as late as round 7, and.... would hate to miss out on what I presume to be a fantastic compliment to MW/KA
          5) CB Eric Stokes * guessin' team Tommy John will be going CB/OT earlier than later, and.... think this guy is as good a gambit as any of the day two guys
          6) QB Riley Neal * a nobody that has given little to no reason to stick on an NFL roster, and.... just have one of those sneakin' suspicions/feelin's 'bout this guy
          7) CB Nevelle Clark * puff daddy who likely falls, and.... physical CB that will perhaps add necessary/missing element in that group (outside of DK)

don't have an OL for all y'all, as am all in in FA for (three) Olinemen…. (if I'm rolling the dice on PR's pass pro, 'tis w/dudes who have shown they belong in the NFL, not on maybe OTs)
          like Leki Fotu, but he does have some risk on the intangibles side, and.... that said, gots no problem w/him as a Charger
          got room for Julian Okwara and/or Albert Okwuegbunam, if.... we somehow came into some added draft capital
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There are skill position players early
            and Olinemen mid and late.

These same issues happen every year.
            wu…. you went off of Risner last year (forget for who), and.... wish you'd stick w/CeeDee rather than JooDee…. why the switch ?? ….(and who was your post Dalton go to guy ?)

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

hit up the TDN draft machine for the first time.... used players that had little intrigue for me, to best see where others landed.... accordingly,

1) Andrew Thomas was there, however fairly certain that is a pipe dream.... Derrick Brown is the hoped for based on what unfolded there, and w/Lamb as a longshot backup (for me) @6.... Eason and Swift both went in the top twenty picks.

2) def seems like the sweet spot to nab an RB w/a good coupla few there still.... Hurts 'n Fromm were sitting there too (no thank you), and can't say I don't have some curiosity 'round the likes of Prince 'n Muti, albeit woulda prolly gone Biadasz based on what was on the board.... a reach pick here woulda been one of the corners as the ones I would covet didn't go 'til a bit later in the round.

3) startin' to get messy as you better have your Telescope in focus as there was a smattering of different position players, i.e. OC Lloyd Cushenberry, and the guy I'd prolly take the gambit on.... NT Leki Fotu, as gots no problem double dipping on the IDL as w/him in addition to Brown would duplicate what Carolina did w/Star and Short (worked out pretty darn well for them)…. there were some bigger RBs still left on the board, and w/a corner or two (Darnay Holmes ?) still there as well.

4) there was a TE or two here, and LB Paddy Fisher, who along w/Albert Okwuegbunam both lasted 'til the next round, albeit wouldn't be surprised if OC Jake Hanson wasn't the pick here ?? ….(most of the name bigger RBs were still on the board btw as well)

5) Paddy and Al still on the board, along w/RB Kylin Hill, OT Yasir Durant and CB Lamar Jackson, and.... one of my biggest fears.... the dreaded Golden Domer OL Tommy Kraemer.

6) RB AJ Dillon makes an appearance here, albeit both he and SR Aaron Fuller last another round on the board/machine.... Cesar Ruiz also gets drafted here.

7) besides the two aforementioned, RB JJ Taylor goes off the board here, as does (super steal if here) CB AJ Green.

U) two QBs listed not picked up and prolly worthy of UDFA contracts would be Riley Neal and Kelly Bryant ??

1) IDL Derrick Brown * just for the record, do think you've gotta draft AT ahead of DB if both on the board still
              2) IOL Tyler Biadasz * good/excellent hedge against Lamp/Feeney and Qberry
              3) NT Leki Fotu * would be really nice/incredible to land both Brown/3T and Fotu/1T
              4) TE Albert Okwuegbunam * don't think we're getting a comp pick for Tyrell as we signed Tyrod, and.... could lose HH in FA
              5) LB Paddy Fisher * not too sexy, but perhaps very, very helpful come season's end, albeit would like to sign Jon Bostic in FA
              6) SR Aaron Fuller * would be nervous waiting on this guy this long
              7) CB AJ Green * if not him, then Stokes/Clark (see below/follow up) would be just fine

noticing that neither of my CB prospects, Eric Stokes nor Nevelle Clark were listed either ?? would def go Tony Brown/Brandon Facyson and sign the both of 'em to UDFA contracts.

ps. would eye have to resign MG3 if the draft played out like that ?? :O ….(or good reason to have signed Kareem Hunt in FA already)

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

guys that I suspect might be on the Chargers' radar....

QB * Jalen Hurts, Kelly Bryant
                RB * Clyde Edwards Helaire
                WR * Jalen Reagor
                IOL * Tyler Biadasz, Lloyd Cushenberry, Jake Hanson, Tommy Kraemer
                LEO * Julian Okwara
                LB * Evan Weaver
                CB * Cameron Dantzler
                S * Alohi Gilman

by the looks of the such, would gander a guess that they draft someone on the IOL, and then sign a vet in FA @tackle ??

and no one is screaming @me @6 overall, and so (albeit doubt it happens)…. a trade down would def engender a lot of their needs/hoped fors ??

Okwara would be a second round target and eventual Ingram successor, and Dantzler their Trevor Williams replacement/potential starter @CB

trade down w/Miami and nab both Reagor and Hurts round one ?? take Okwara round two, and then hope for Dantzler or similar round three ??

then best on the board @the OC (Hanson ?)…. would Helaire last into day three @RB ?? Alohi Gilman or another Golden Domer (Kraemer) later ??

anyone else you sense as near inevitable LAC hoped for in the draft ??

1) WR Jalen Reagor
                1) QB Jalen Hurts
                2) LEO Julian Okwara
                3) CB Cameron Dantzler
                4) OC Jake Hanson
                5) RB Clyde Edwards Helaire
                6) OG Tommy Kraemer
                7) S Alohi Gilman

Comment

• Tol
                  From Accounting
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Carlsbad
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
                  With so many people predicting that 2 QBs and 2 OTs taken before we draft, that would mean an elite edge rusher or CB will be their at 6. There will be a great player available when we draft (QB, OT, DE, CB)!
                  My 2nd mock of the off-season I was thinking exactly that. I've been big on getting a tackle in round 1, but with CB1 Jeff Okudah and IDL1 Derrick Brown there for the taking, I decided to go off-meta.

Round 1 - CB Jeff Okudah - Ohio State
                  "Early first round talent with the upside to become one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL."

Round 2 - OT Alex Leatherwood - Alabama
                  "Man, Leatherwood is athletic! He moves really well in space and his mirror ability is something to take note of."

Round 3 - TE Jared Pinkey - Vanderbilt
                  "Big bodied receiver who has enough savvy to really abuse linebackers and safeties alike in coverage thanks to his size, release ability and hands over the middle."

Round 4 - DL Rashard Lawrence - LSU
                  "He's super well built. Slapped together with a lot of mass and he's ready-made to play in the NFL right now thanks to his build."

Round 5 - WR Isaiah Hodgins - Oregon State
                  "Catch radius is borderline elite given concentration, quick adjustments, and strength in his hands."

Round 6 - RB Tavien Feaster - South Carolina
                  "Providing the the downhill-style power and thunder in an NFL offense is exactly what Feaster can do at the next level."

Round 7 - EDGE Tipa Galeai - Utah State
                  "A juiced-up pass rusher with elite burst. Explosive, natural edge bender who can dip and flatten around the corner on a consistent basis."

I looked at a lot of clusters for each round, so I'm really happy with this mock draft! Made with On The Clock
                  The big takeaway - no QB drafted! I said screw it. Roll with Brady, Taylor, Stick or whoever. I don't care, I went for BPA at PON.
                  Also it's really hard to find speedy WR's outside of the 1st round. Just going to have to make due I guess.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

A guy I’m liking a lot is Soloman Kindley
                    a mauler next to Andrew Thomas, they help each other
                    Kindley might be worth a 2

also, this draft is ridiculously deep at both WR and RB
                    I will be disappointment if we draft a RB higher than 5th round and WR higher than 6th

I want to stand pat at 6 for BPA
                    OT/OG in rounds 2 and 3
                    DT in 4

dream scenario
                    1. Tua
                    2. Becton
                    3. Kindley
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      guys that I suspect might be on the Chargers' radar....

QB * Jalen Hurts, Kelly Bryant
                      RB * Clyde Edwards Helaire
                      WR * Jalen Reagor
                      IOL * Tyler Biadasz, Lloyd Cushenberry, Jake Hanson, Tommy Kraemer
                      LEO * Julian Okwara
                      LB * Evan Weaver
                      CB * Cameron Dantzler
                      S * Alohi Gilman

by the looks of the such, would gander a guess that they draft someone on the IOL, and then sign a vet in FA @tackle ??

and no one is screaming @me @6 overall, and so (albeit doubt it happens)…. a trade down would def engender a lot of their needs/hoped fors ??

Okwara would be a second round target and eventual Ingram successor, and Dantzler their Trevor Williams replacement/potential starter @CB

trade down w/Miami and nab both Reagor and Hurts round one ?? take Okwara round two, and then hope for Dantzler or similar round three ??

then best on the board @the OC (Hanson ?)…. would Helaire last into day three @RB ?? Alohi Gilman or another Golden Domer (Kraemer) later ??

anyone else you sense as near inevitable LAC hoped for in the draft ??

1) WR Jalen Reagor
                      1) QB Jalen Hurts
                      2) LEO Julian Okwara
                      3) CB Cameron Dantzler
                      4) OC Jake Hanson
                      5) RB Clyde Edwards Helaire
                      6) OG Tommy Kraemer
                      7) S Alohi Gilman
                      I like the idea of adding a big bruising back to the stable...but Clyde Edwards-Helaire is an exception...I would be all over that. If MJD could put up 1600 yds as a feature back, this kid could do the same...and he is actually a bit bigger.
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Round 2 - OT Alex Leatherwood - Alabama
                        "Man, Leatherwood is athletic! He moves really well in space and his mirror ability is something to take note of."

Pretty sure Leatherwood is returning to school....

The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

wu…. you went off of Risner last year (forget for who), and.... wish you'd stick w/CeeDee rather than JooDee…. why the switch ?? ….(and who was your post Dalton go to guy ?)
                          I had Dalton Risner OL, Khalen Saunders DT in my final mock...Trencher approved.

Jeudy/Lamb...the talent level is close.

IMV, in January, mocking should be fluid, designed to encourage outside the box thinking...get more scout's eyes involved !!

We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X