• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
    Simmons will be great player but the OT depth in 2nd round is weak. I just can't feel comfortable taking any position other then OL. We may whiff at that too but it's most glaring need and has been for the past few seasons.

Keep our eyes on the prize. Thomas, Wirfs, Wells or trade down are my options for right now.
    I was sampling some of the possible round 2 OTs last night: Jackson & Niang looked good; Trey Adams i just never really liked - he'll have trouble handling ends with power and bend: but then so do most LTs; Bechton just looks too much the behemoth - someone compared him to the Ravens RT; Durant, i thought looked solid,if not spectacular.

There will be someone good in the 2nd at OT.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
      Simmons will be great player but the OT depth in 2nd round is weak. I just can't feel comfortable taking any position other then OL. We may whiff at that too but it's most glaring need and has been for the past few seasons.

Keep our eyes on the prize. Thomas, Wirfs, Wells or trade down are my options for right now.
      I cant stop wondering why Wirfs didn’t win the LT starting spot at Iowa if he’s really the best tackle out there. (#2 for Thomas fans).
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not gonna reveal who you went off of Risner for early on ?? why are you moving off of Lamb for Jeudy ??
        I will go back and look.
        There is nothing but transparency here
        about my football takes.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

woodMock v3

1. Isaiah Simmons LB/CLEMSON. Top 5 talent. We need more speed on defense, and need to be able to defend AFCW opponents. Simmons has elite range, coverage, blitzing and tackling.

2. Neville Gallimore DT/OKLAHOMA. This guy is a clone of Mebane. Leverage, explosion, inside push, run and pass. Late round 1 talent.

3. Nick Harris IOL/WASHINGTON. Eye popping movement skills. Similar skillset to Pouncey. Drops because of size, anchor issues. Perfect scheme fit. Round 2 talent.

4. Devin Duvernay WR/TEXAS. Long striding track star (like Tyrell) with explosive ability to track deep ball (unlike Benjamin.) Augments our 1k yard, high production guys, Allen, Ekeler, Williams. Round 3 talent.

5. James Robinson RB/ILLINOIS STATE. Chunky style RB 5'10" 220#. Great balance, change of direction, start-stop, and most importantly vision. Can help in passing game too. Reminds pundits of David Johnson. Reminds me of Kareem Hunt.

6. Harrison Bryant TE/FLORIDA ATLANTIC. Large catching radius, good route running, athleticism and length. Move TE to pair up w/Henry. Not an inline blocker. John Mackey Award winner.

7. Saahdiq Charles OT/LSU. Good frame, feet. Scheme fit. Late round shot at developmental OLT. Joe Moore Award winner. Marijuana ?

Watch tonight and All Star bowl games !
          Know your Big Board, Positions of Need !
          Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-13-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

not gonna reveal who you went off of Risner for early on ?? why are you moving off of Lamb for Jeudy ??
            Unable to flag it down.
            I had Dexter Lawrence in early mocks.
            Jeudy was subbed in for Lamb because of skillset fit, to augment KA, MDub.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              woodMock v3

1. Isaiah Simmons LB/CLEMSON. Top 5 talent. We need more speed on defense, and need to be able to defend AFCW opponents. Simmons has elite range, coverage, blitzing and tackling.

2. Neville Gallimore DT/OKLAHOMA. This guy is a clone of Mebane. Leverage, explosion, inside push, run and pass. Late round 1 talent.

3. Nick Harris IOL/NEBRASKA. Eye popping movement skills. Similar skillset to Pouncey. Drops because of size, anchor issues. Perfect scheme fit. Round 2 talent.

4. Devin Duvernay WR/TEXAS. Long striding track star (like Tyrell) with explosive ability to track deep ball (unlike Benjamin.) Augments our 1k yard, high production guys, Allen, Ekeler, Williams. Round 3 talent.

5. James Robinson RB/Illinois State. Chunky style RB 5'10" 220#. Great balance, change of direction, start-stop, and most importantly vision. Can help in passing game too. Reminds pundits of David Johnson. Reminds me of Kareem Hunt.

6. Harrison Bryant TE/Florida Atlantic. Large catching radius, good route running, athleticism and length. Move TE to pair up w/Henry. Not an inline blocker. John Mackey Award winner.

7. Saahdiq Charles OT/LSU. Good frame, feet. Scheme fit. Late round shot at developmental OLT. Joe Moore Award winner. Marijuana ?

Watch tonight and All Star bowl games !
              Know your Big Board, Positions of Need !
              James Robinson...your poaching gems outta my back yard buddy...I work at ISU...and if you keep your mouth shut, we can get him in the 6th or 7th...:biggrin:
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I cant stop wondering why Wirfs didn’t win the LT starting spot at Iowa if he’s really the best tackle out there. (#2 for Thomas fans).
                It isn't always the best tackle that wins the job in college, but the best suited in pass pro...also...putting your best 2 out there...also, at start of season, they may have felt Alaric was the better choice, but Wirfs stepped up his game...ton of factors to consider. But I still think Wirfs can be a great RT anyway, and should stay there.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Simmons is an impact player.
                  He would instantly be the best coverage linebacker on the team. The fastest linebacker on the team. The longest linebacker on the team. The best blitzing linebacker on the team. The moneybacker on sub packages. Gus does not have this type of player on the roster.

Think a guy like Simmons will help to defend Mahomes, Watson, Jackson. I think these 3 AFC QBs will be in the playoffs a lot moving forward. We need to beat them. We need defensive weapons like Simmons to do it.

Will be watching him closely tonight.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Simmons is an impact player.
                    He would instantly be the best coverage linebacker on the team. The fastest linebacker on the team. The longest linebacker on the team. The best blitzing linebacker on the team. The moneybacker on sub packages. Gus does not have this type of player on the roster.

Think a guy like Simmons will help to defend Mahomes, Watson, Jackson. I think these 3 AFC QBs will be in the playoffs a lot moving forward. We need to beat them. We need defensive weapons like Simmons to do it.
                    When I watch Simmons, I wonder if he's a LB or a SS? We have a pretty good SS so if that's his position in the NFL he's not a good fit for us.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Actually, one of the players Wood was touting last year in round 1 was Taylor Rapp. Then I and a few others questioned his speed. Then, Wood pulled Rapp off his mock for someone else. Well, Rapp had a pretty solid year with the Rams, who picked him in round 2 one pick after we picked Adderley. Ouch. Oh, and Juan Thornhill was also available in round 2 for us. Double ouch. Until Adderley comes back and becomes a solid starter for us and remains mostly injury free, then I was wrong...

image.png

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

When I watch Simmons, I wonder if he's a LB or a SS? We have a pretty good SS so if that's his position in the NFL he's not a good fit for us.
                        Simmons is a prototype money linebacker.
                        He is an elite talent. And that is why Clemson uses him all over the field to match up.

Because so many linebackers in NFL are liability in coverage, teams sub in SS to play the nickel backer.
                        Chargers used Phillips in that role who is a UFA by the way.
                        Teams tend to be in sub packages more than base to defend in the NFL.
                        Simmons will play one of the linebacker spots in Base D and the money backer in Subs.
                        IMO, He fits both PON & BPA at #6 Pick.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Simmons is a prototype money linebacker.
                          He is an elite talent. And that is why Clemson uses him all over the field to match up.

Because so many linebackers in NFL are liability in coverage, teams sub in SS to play the nickel backer.
                          Chargers used Phillips in that role who is a UFA by the way.
                          Teams tend to be in sub packages more than base to defend in the NFL.
                          Simmons will play one of the linebacker spots in Base D and the money backer in Subs.
                          IMO, He fits both PON & BPA at #6 Pick.
                          As long as we address OT in round 2 and in FA, I'm up for Simmons at #6...tired of watching Old Man Davis and Jatavis whiffing...

Comment

Working...
                          X