• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Yes please, on Dillon. The RB class is loaded. You can get a good one in the 4th or 5th round. No need to burn a 2nd or 3rd on a RB. Build the OL. Niners were killing the Chiefs running off-tackle... then they stopped....?

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

don't we have a comfortably middle class man's Sproles in Ekeler? we need the un-sproles, the RB that won't squEKE. A bruising SY/GL beast.
      That's an insult to ekler...I consider ekeler a better pass catcher than sproles...sproles was the king a catching short passes and turning it into huge yacs. Ekeler can actually catch passes 20 yards down field so a slightly different skill set.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

woulda loved to have gotten Kareem Hunt day two the other year, or Jamal Charles when he came out, and.... sometimes your guy is where your guy is (slotted).

as w/every position there are no shortage of busts, and.... there are home runs to be had in the top frame of the draft....

Edgerrin James, Ricky Williams
        Jamal Lewis, LT
        AP, Marshawn
        Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott
        Fournette, McCaffrey

again you can find plenty that have busted @the top of the first, and.... if thee guy happens to be there/slotted in the top five/ten, then not gonna get him later in the draft, and....

speaking for myself, not only are the QBs few and far between after Burrow, really don't see anyone that brings what Swift does, @least from my perspective, and as plenty of rookie RBs have helped their teams quite a bit in year one.

if AT ain't there @6, really am hard pressed to find a safer/better pick than Swift @RB ??
        Only 3 of those backs have Lombardis and Marshawn is the most current, if that counts for anything.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

2020 NFL PLAYER DRAFT........

TRADE - IND Colts trade #13 (1ST), #44 (2ND), #112 (4TH), & 2021 (2ND) round pick for LAC #6 to draft Justin
          Herbert.

As always TPB Brethern these are solely my “GM” decisions, prospect notes/ratings, and I expect ZERO of this to happen. April is a long way away. I do try to slot prospects where a “consensus” of draft sites/pundits have them ranked unless a prospect gets 2-3 rounds later than where I’d slot them.
          Also trying to bring some names not yet on people’s radar.
          Again I’m far from completing prospect ratings but some guys I’d like for us.

BOLTS DRAFT FALLS THIS WAY......

1) MEKHI BECTON (OT) UL - 6’ 7” - 345#
          - Massive human with incredibly nimble feet. Mekhi has a quality kick step that covers ground, MONSTEROUS wingspan & length, INSANE POWER in both lower & upper body, handstrikes produces major impact/can completely change a defender’s path/balance, VICE LIKE POWER in his grip strength, NASTY FINISHER, down & drive blocking uproot defenders, good mover to the 2nd level/hook blocks/reach blocks, adequate pulling ability. Improvement areas include stunt reco/passoff, field orientation in space, angles at 2nd/3rd level, inside spin counters. Mekhi has improved each year at UL with major improvements in technique, weight, flexibility, balance, and footwork. His obtainable ceiling is All-Pro with continued technique improvement and body fat reduction. MAJOR IMPACT PROSPECT W/ ELITE TRAITS.

2A) CAMERON DANTZLER (CB) MSST - 6’ 2” - 195#
          - long, tough, quick, high football IQ combined with great instincts, stincts, understands route concepts and jumps accordingly, uses hands/length/strength very effectively in press, excellent functional athleticism, solid COD agility, BALLHAWK w/great disruption timing, excellent vision & ball tracking, solid backpedal, physical run supporter, quality form tackler w/pop. Will need further development transition footwork from BP, press handstrike placement, and core strength/power. Big time prospect with huge upside and high floor. IMPACT PROSPECT W/SOME ELITE TRAITS.

2B) DARRELL TAYLOR (OTTO/LEO) UTN - 6’ 4” - 259# - 10” hand - 33” arm - 80 3/4” wingspan
          - Darryl possesses an EXPLOSIVE first 2 steps off edge, great contact balance, flexibility to bend/turn/flatten arc, awesome athlete with size/length/movement skills, possesses multiple counters - dual spin/pp/rip swim/hesitation-slap-rip, good grip strength/body control/leverage to set edge, natural easy mover in space, excellent football acumen in coverage/space, understands/identifies route combinations, good feel in zone coverage, limited M2M snaps. Improvements needed in strength/power, hand strike power, finish more sack opportunities, disengagement skills. IMPACT PROSPECT W/SOME ELITE TRAITS.

3) CESAR RUIZ (OC) UM - 6’ 4” - 319#
          - athletic powerful big man with excellent feet who displays a NASTY FINISHER’S mentality. Cesar has great RAW MOVEMENT SKILLS, , lateral agility, and grip strength for the pivot. He displays high football IQ in identifying/communicating blocking assignments/protections/stunt passoffs. His capabilities to ANCHOR, PULL, SCOOP, SEAL are SPECIAL. Where Ruiz will need to continue to improve are hand strike placement, consistent pad level/leverage, and reset of anchor following counters. When Cesar is focused on his technique, he has the skillset to be an IMPACT OC in both the run/pass games. He will take a year to continue his techniqual refinement to allow him to be counted on as a full-time starter.

4A) ANTONIO GIBSON (RB) MEMPHIS - 6’ - 223# - 8 1/4” hand - 31” arm - 75 1/4” wingspan
          - Antonio is simply a WEAPON! A JUCO transfer who is has incredible ACCELERATION, long speed, VISION, COD agility, CONTACT BALANCE, produces first downs & TDs, and simply has a feel for the game in space that is Gibson played mostly WR at Memphis. He has great hands, body control, fearless in traffic, breaks tackles consistently, and great hip & leg flexibility. Areas of improvement core strength, improve leg drive power, and passpro blocking/blitz pick-up. Limited opportunities but excelled when given the ball. Antonio has a chance to be a true MISMATCH WEAPON in both the run/pass game.

4B) JEREMY CHINN (S/LB) SIU - 6’ 3” - 219# - 9 1/2” hand - 32” arm - 77” wingspan
          - WOW this dude just dominates in each tape I put on. Competition level is inconsistent but I’m impressed. Competition level is obviously a big question. Chinn played really well in several games against FBS teams, over his career, and against Senior Bowl prospects. Jeremy is a big, densely built muscle mass, FAST w/killer closing burst, huge motor, tremendous athlete, UNCANNY NATURAL FOOTBALL INSTINCTS, great fundamentally sound tackler, outstanding in M2M and zone coverage concepts, fills run lanes with authority, and is a serious BALLHAWK! My day 3 small school prospect who has IMPACT traits. IMPACT PROSPECT W/ELITE TRAITS.

4C) QUEZ WATKINS (WR) USM - 6’ 2” - 190#
          - Quez is running under the radar right now. He possesses BLAZING SPEED/ACCELERATION, good size, ELITE body control, sticky strong hands, breaks pursuit angles, RAC all day, excellent concentration through catch point, GREAT FLEXIBILITY, relentless across the middle, produces first downs and TDs. Has value on ST/return game and speed that changes coverages. Limited route tree of mostly verticals, slants, and crossers. Underrated/under valued prospect. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT W/ SOME ELITE TRAITS.

5) STEPHEN SULLIVAN (TE) LSU - 6’ 6” - 254# - 10 3/8” hand - 35 1/8” arm - 85 1/8” wingspan
          ​​​​​​-
          not oft used former WR who converted to TE last 2 seasons. Limited tape but lots of traits, tools, size/speed combo that translates to the NFL. Sullivan is a natural hands catcher, vertical seem threat, concentrates through catch point, exceptionally athletic, ideal size/speed, large strong hands, and had a strong Senior Bowl week. Stephen is a willing blocker but lacks fundamentals, strength, power, and technique. Will take time to develop inline TE fundamentals but he can provide value in the passing game, ST, and the red zone early. A pure projection based on traits, size, and upside.

6) JOSIAH COATNEY (DT) OLE MISS - 6’ 4” - 315# - 9 1/2” hand - 33 1/8” arm - 76 3/4” wingspan
          - STOUT, agile, powerful, aggressive big man with some interior rush capabilities who played anywhere from 0-5 tech. Plays with outstanding leverage and possess quality length to disengage and make stops. NON STOP MOTOR, relentless, strong handstrikes, INSANE GRIP STRENGTH, plays with a nasty mentality, average burst/get-off but can reset LOS with power & leverage, effective stalematting double teams. Can let eyes betray block scheme diagnoses, doesn’t feel screens early, needs to improve working 1/2 man in 1on1s. STARTER CALIBER PROSPECT.

7) JOE REED (WR) UVA - 6’ - 223# - 9 1/2” hand - 31 1/2” arm - 75” wingspan
          - Joe has big time speed and acceleration, can eliminate angles, excellent strength/power/COD, produced HUGE plays in RETURN GAME throughout career, improved as a receiver over the last 3 seasons. Shows strong hands, concentration through catch point, gets vertical after catch, good blocker, exceptional body control/field vision/acceleration. POWERFULLY BUILT ATHLETE! Provides RAC all day, flexibility in run game, ST big play ability, and vertical threat. Development needing in route tree/stems and timing.

2020 ROSTER VISION.....

QB = TB12, Taylor, Stick
          RB = Gibson, Ekeler, Jackson, Watt
          TE = Henry, Sullivan, Culkin, (Green), (Volert)
          WR = Slayer, MWill, Watkins, Reed, (Moore), (Cantrell), (UDFAs)
          IOL = Lamp, Feeney, QBerry, Ruiz, (Pouncey), (TScott)
          OT = Conklin, Becton, Pipkins, Tevi *

Projected Starting Offensive

WATKINS - - - - - - - - BECTON-LAMP-POUNCEY-TEVI-CONKLIN - - HENRY - - - ALLEN - - - MIKEDUB

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - - - - - - - - - - TB12 - - - - - - - - - - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - - - - - - - - - - GIBSON/EKELER - - - - - - - - - - - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DE/LEO = Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, Nwosu, (UDFAs)
          DT/NT = Pierce, Jones, Tillery, Coatney, (Broughton)
          LB = Taylor, White, Tranquil, Perryman, Egbule, Hewitt, Chinn, (Dzubner), (UDFAs)
          CB = Hayward, Dantzler, DKing, MDavis, Facyson, (UFDAs)
          DS = James, Jenkins, Adderly, Phillips, (Teamer)

Projected Starting Defense

XXXXXXXX - - - (KING)/TAYLOR - - - BOSA - TILLERY - PIERCE - SUPAMEL - - - - - XXXXXXXXXX

XXX - - - - HAYWARD - - - - - JAMES - - - - - TRANQUIL - - - - - WHITE - - - - - DANTZLER - - - - XXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - - - - - - - JENKINS - - - - - - - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PK = Badgley
          P = Long
          LS = Mazza
          KR = Reed
          PR = King

* 4th OT should be converted to (OG/OT) and given a chance to earn starting OG spot. Tevi or TScott could make quality OGs. Lots of position versatility depth.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

With all those picks would be cool to grab Fromm with one of those 2nds.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              With all those picks would be cool to grab Fromm with one of those 2nds.
              I’m not grading QBs anymore.
              When we draft any I’m on board unless they prove useless in lightning bolts.
              So Easton is the dude of the future until we go another direction.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

That's an insult to ekler...I consider ekeler a better pass catcher than sproles...sproles was the king a catching short passes and turning it into huge yacs. Ekeler can actually catch passes 20 yards down field so a slightly different skill set.
                Lol. My apologies to Eke. My point was we don’t need another Sproles, we already have him. You can niggle over subtle distinctions, they play the same role on the team, same as Woody did. (Btw, you could be right Eke is a better downfield receiver threat).

We could stockpile a half dozen of these off-down 3rd down weapons or we might instead fortify other parts of the roster that, you know, ... currently suck.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Really think teams will want to move up for a QB.
                  Depending on how Chargers view the QBs...they may feel the need to go up and get one.
                  I don't see the Chargers moving back.
                  They likely stay put or move up.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    Depending on how Chargers view the QBs...they may feel the need to go up and get one.

Agreed.
                    The hype machine will put the big three QBs at 1-2-3.
                    Wait for the Underwear Olympics.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I'd prefer they sign one of the FA QB's and use that pick on OT, Thomas.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I could see TT trading back a couple spots if the other team threw in a player if need for us...like an OT.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agreed.
                          The hype machine will put the big three QBs at 1-2-3.
                          Wait for the Underwear Olympics.
                          So, we've got:
                          #1 - Burrow, the Franchise
                          #2 - Tua, the Damaged Goods
                          #3 - Herbert, the Question Mark

Highly doubtful we move up for The Franchise. That leaves Damaged Goods and Question Mark. Not very good odds. Stay put at #6 and draft Simmons if he's there, or the top OT who fits Happy Campen's scheme...

Comment

Working...
                          X