• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I wouldn't be unhappy with this draft. You're going to need speed in Simmons to chase down Mahomes.

I'd go fromm over Eason at 37 but not bad at all.
    If the Chargers draft LB Isaiah Simmons and the defense drops into a Cover 3 shell against the Chiefs, the Chargers will have the both weak-side and the strong side sidelines covered by Simmons and Derwin James in case Mahomes breaks contain from the pocket. Speed kills.

Comment

• charger1993
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Here's my Simmons Special + TRIPLE dip on O-line mock:

image.png
      Thats a really good oline. I would be really happy with that draft

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Phil Simms on the 2020 QB's.....:

Phil Simms joins 'Chris Simms Unbuttoned' to share his observations of expected No. 1 pick Joe Burrow and Clemson star Trevor Lawrence from the national titl...

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Okay, my mock for the first three rounds, based on reasonable players available when we pick:

Round 1 - Simmons. Needed, special player not available later in the draft, easy.

Round 2 - Laviska Shenault Jr. Has qualities one cannot teach, and love him with the ball in his hands. Needs to develop route running? No better teacher than KA. Another special talent that should drop as all those pesky QBs rise, lol.

Round 3 - Ruiz. ‘Nuff said. Don’t care it’s early, needed.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

So your rollin with Tierod or Stick?

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              So your rollin with Tierod or Stick?
              I think that’s what Lynn will do. Part of what I think is reasonable lol. Also who we gonna draft that would start over either one? Again, thinking reasonably.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

For all my PowderBlue brothers out there calling for an RB taken high in the draft, I suggest watching a football game played yesterday in Miami, where the top backs for each team both have the exact same 4 letters next to their names - UDFA.
                Productive, big game backs can be found ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE.
                Let's shore up the trenches( after drafting Simmons of course) first and foremost.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                  For all my PowderBlue brothers out there calling for an RB taken high in the draft, I suggest watching a football game played yesterday in Miami, where the top backs for each team both have the exact same 4 letters next to their names - UDFA.
                  Let's shore up the trenches( after drafting Simmons of course) first and foremost.
                  woulda loved to have gotten Kareem Hunt day two the other year, or Jamal Charles when he came out, and.... sometimes your guy is where your guy is (slotted).

as w/every position there are no shortage of busts, and.... there are home runs to be had in the top frame of the draft....

Edgerrin James, Ricky Williams
                  Jamal Lewis, LT
                  AP, Marshawn
                  Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott
                  Fournette, McCaffrey

again you can find plenty that have busted @the top of the first, and.... if thee guy happens to be there/slotted in the top five/ten, then not gonna get him later in the draft, and....

speaking for myself, not only are the QBs few and far between after Burrow, really don't see anyone that brings what Swift does, @least from my perspective, and as plenty of rookie RBs have helped their teams quite a bit in year one.

if AT ain't there @6, really am hard pressed to find a safer/better pick than Swift @RB ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                    And here's my Simmons Special 2.0, with a double dip at OT, snagging a solid corner in round 3 with Dantzler, a steal with Pittman at wideout in round 4, some DT help with Raequan in round 6, and to top it off, Reggie Corbin, a poor man's Sproles, at RB in round 7.

Simmons
                    Jackson
                    Dantzler
                    Pittman
                    Matt Peart
                    Raequan
                    Corbin
                    don't we have a comfortably middle class man's Sproles in Ekeler? we need the un-sproles, the RB that won't squEKE. A bruising SY/GL beast.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I think that’s what Lynn will do. Part of what I think is reasonable lol. Also who we gonna draft that would start over either one? Again, thinking reasonably.
                      I think any of the top QBs in this draft would start over Stick. Tyrod maybe not at first but would eventually.... Stick yes.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        Tevin Coleman was a 2nd round pick....but i get what your sayin. Mostert is on his 7th team so it took him a while to find his groove. He actually played pretty well last year for the Niners til he broke his arm.

Im a NO on a first round RB. Really don't want one til at least the 3rd. Some posters want to give Gordons money to Ekeler.........our UDFA RB.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

don't we have a comfortably middle class man's Sproles in Ekeler? we need the un-sproles, the RB that won't squEKE. A bruising SY/GL beast.
                          A bruising beast of a RB? Is 6-0, 250# good enough for u?:

image.png

Comment

Working...
                          X