• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’ll take Herbert 1 and Best OT at 2. Good depth on OL in this draft, i think Herbert is going to thrive in 2 years.
    I wanna believe that, especially if we pick him. But he’s gonna have to be able to do things he’s never really done before, not sure they’re teachable either. But that’s kinda true for any college player, yous take your chances. Here’s hoping.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

I’ll take Herbert 1 and Best OT at 2. Good depth on OL in this draft, i think Herbert is going to thrive in 2 years.
      You are a rare bird on the Herbert train........

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Not proved yet that Herbert will be better than Tyrod and even Easton...

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          Not proved yet that Herbert will be better than Tyrod and even Easton...
          Same can be said for all the college players.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Send PM

A quick mock. These are addicting Round:
            • All
            • My Picks

Jedrick Wills
              , OT
            • Alabama

Jacob Eason
              , QB
            • Washington

Thaddeus Moss
              , TE
            • LSU

Trey Adams
              , OT
            • Washington

Shaquille Quarterman
              , LB
            • Miami

Chase Claypool
              , WR
            • Notre Dame

Lawrence Cager
              , WR
            Georgia

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

now that Hamsah Nasirildeen is returning to school will officially endorse/add 'nother (Cushen) berry to the Oline mix....

1) DT Derrick Brown * would gladly accommodate Andrew Thomas if he somehow "fell" to us
              2) OC Lloyd Cushenberry * last eye checked this guy was a day three/round four slotting.... welcome to draft season/the SB
              3) NT Leki Fotu * would love to fortify that IDL even tho @one time this guy was also a day three/round five or so guy.... (he could still be just the such for all we/eye know)
              4) SR Aaron Fuller * have seen this guy much lower, but until eye take a deeper look @the wideouts, would pain me a bit to miss on a much needed element/talent
              5) TE Albert Okwuegbunam * dude who has gone the other direction, as he was most oft considered a round one candidate @the outset of this year's draft season
              6) QB Riley Neal * right now he looks like an UDFA, and would gladly take him there if he was so inclined
              7) CB Nevelle Clark * physical corner that could add a needed element to our DB mix

looking @past drafts, it pains/saddens me a bit to be facing needs that were completely avoidable, i.e. Stidham @QB, Ramczyk @LT, and McCoy @the OC.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

You are a rare bird on the Herbert train........
                SQUAWK! I’d be cool with Easton in the 2nd but I’m not sure he’ll be there at 38 or whatever it is.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Send PM

SQUAWK! I’d be cool with Easton in the 2nd but I’m not sure he’ll be there at 38 or whatever it is.
                  I have been on the Simmons train for weeks but now in mocks I see him gone at 3 or 4. Wills is now falling to 6 and I would grab him all day long at 6. That frees you up to sit and see if Eason is there at 37. If so pounce.....

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I have been on the Simmons train for weeks but now in mocks I see him gone at 3 or 4. Wills is now falling to 6 and I would grab him all day long at 6. That frees you up to sit and see if Eason is there at 37. If so pounce.....
                    Everyone here is sleeping on Eason. Looks great throwing the ball, but had problems in judgement.
                    He started as a freshman at Georgia, basically sat for two years, and then tried to run a new offense at Washington.

Chris Peterson's offenses at Washington were very complicated. Here's a description below.
                    http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/film-study-u/defense-film-study-u/2016/08/30/death-by-a-1000-formations/

On top of it all, I don't think Eason had much talent around him. I got this from a Huskie football primer
                    :

"Hunter Bryant was Washington’s most dynamic receiving threat (though that may not be saying a whole lot) in 2019."
                    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ffensive-line/

He's better than Herbert: why are we wasting time on him?

Eason won't be there in the 2nd round. Somebody will have scored a potential franchise guy with a low first round draft pick.
                    Last edited by powderblueboy; 01-25-2020, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

I wouldn't mind Eason at #6, then go draft an OT in the 2nd (a center in the 2nd is intriguing)

corner, rb, wide receiver in the middle rounds.

That's were the talent is deep.

Chargers won't compete next year for the AFC west....stop dreaming and stock up.

Comment

• Tol
                        From Accounting
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Carlsbad
                        • Send PM

I'm going to call my 5th mock... the "All in on Stick" mock. Or it could also be called the Mike Murray inspired mock. Stick is a proven winner at the college level playing for the same team as Carson Wentz. He's had a year to marinate behind Rivers, so he knows the offense better and is more prepared than a rookie QB would be. It also frees up a lot of money for Bosa, Henry, and FA signings. If Stick can take care of the ball and keep INT's low (never threw more than 9 a season), then the offense should do fine. But he can really threaten with his legs, as he ran for 41 TD's in 55 games! Those rushing yards and TD's would be a huge difference maker on 3rd down and redzone situations. My only question or concern is if his arm strength is improving.

SPOILER
                        Mike Murray: The Chargers desperately need to bolster their offensive line. Even if Pouncey and Okung return next season, the time is ticking on both of those guys and the Chargers need to be looking to the future. Andrew Thomas, Mekhi Becton, or Jedrick Wills. The Chargers should also hire an outside consultant to evaluate the talent of these guys. The Chargers have come up short on every o-line pick they have made since Telesco entered the building. For the love of God get some outside help on this one. Derrick Brown would also be a good selection here as well as the Chargers still need a man in the middle on defense. Isaiah Thomas is also a possibility here. I personally don’t like the pick, but this would be a Telesco move - talented guy who can play multiple spots. And, in conclusion, definitely not Herbert and please not a QB. If you don’t resign Rivers give Stick his chance.

Burrow, Tua, Chase, Okudah, and Jeudy are all off the board. The idea is that 6 is too high for the QB's who are left, and at 37 it's too late. So take the elite OT that we're never in position to get.

TDN 2020 5.jpg
                        1) Draft a franchise RT, solve the problem once and for all and move on.
                        2) Haven't drafted a CB in a LONG time. It's time!
                        3) Get a speedy track star WR. The WR group needs speed.
                        4) IDL already has Jones and Tillery, but Lawrence has a high motor and I'm all about that.
                        5) Hoping to re-sign Henry, but also need to draft a TE. Deguara looked like the best one on board at round 5.
                        6) I'm high enough on Taylor's instincts and technique that I might be willing to double dip at CB.
                        7) Back to back 7th round RB's. Gibson can be another offensive weapon and takeover return duties.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                          I'm going to call my 5th mock... the "All in on Stick" mock. Or it could also be called the Mike Murray inspired mock. Stick is a proven winner at the college level playing for the same team as Carson Wentz. He's had a year to marinate behind Rivers, so he knows the offense better and is more prepared than a rookie QB would be. It also frees up a lot of money for Bosa, Henry, and FA signings. If Stick can take care of the ball and keep INT's low (never threw more than 9 a season), then the offense should do fine. But he can really threaten with his legs, as he ran for 41 TD's in 55 games! Those rushing yards and TD's would be a huge difference maker on 3rd down and redzone situations. My only question or concern is if his arm strength is improving.

Burrow, Tua, Chase, Okudah, and Jeudy are all off the board. The idea is that 6 is too high for the QB's who are left, and at 37 it's too late. So take the elite OT that we're never in position to get.

TDN 2020 5.jpg
                          1) Draft a franchise RT, solve the problem once and for all and move on.
                          2) Haven't drafted a CB in a LONG time. It's time!
                          3) Get a speedy track star WR. The WR group needs speed.
                          4) IDL already has Jones and Tillery, but Lawrence has a high motor and I'm all about that.
                          5) Hoping to re-sign Henry, but also need to draft a TE. Deguara looked like the best one on board at round 5.
                          6) I'm high enough on Taylor's instincts and technique that I might be willing to double dip at CB.
                          7) Back to back 7th round RB's. Gibson can be another offensive weapon and takeover return duties.
                          Those 9 INTs was with only 288 attpts. With 2 times the attempts in the NFL that will be about 20 or so....maybe more going from A ball to the Bigs.

Still don't get the Stick love but ok.

Comment

Working...
                          X