• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTThunder
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    5. Might happen or pick one @6. This one is my most likely.
    I do not want a QB at #6. (Round 2 or 3 may be OK...)

I think #6 must be used for a high and sudden impact player. (Not a fan of WR.Mike Williams at #7...)

I think Tyrod should be fine. Not great, but decent.

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/marino-s-2020--what-would-i-do--nfl-mock-draft-1.0

a guy who eye think has some decent draft chops.... pencils Wirfs in @LT in his latest mock.

he also mentions that the signing of a FA OT is not gonna get in his way of drafting a franchise OT regardless.

calls Andrew Thomas a "plug & play" OT.

thinks J. Love >> my year old ham sandwich

Niang is his tackle #5 and >> the Prince Tega Wanogho

and selects Cesar Ruiz to the 49ers.... something we could avoid/someone we could draft ourselves if we shipped Bosa to the either of SF or GBay…. ??
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/marino-s-2020--what-would-i-do--nfl-mock-draft-1.0

a guy who eye think has some decent draft chops.... pencils Wirfs in @LT in his latest mock.

he also mentions that the signing of a FA OT is not gonna get in his way of drafting a franchise OT regardless.

calls Andrew Thomas a "plug & play" OT.

thinks J. Love >> my year old ham sandwich

Niang is his tackle #5 and >> the Prince Tega Wanogho

and selects Cesar Ruiz to the 49ers.... something we could avoid/someone we could draft ourselves if we shipped Bosa to the either of SF or GBay…. ??
        What would you trade Joey for to either of those teams?
        He’s correct about A. Thomas and Niang (I have him higher).

Niang’s pass sets won’t win beauty contests, but they somehow get the job done consistently. On 1,027 pass-blocking snaps in his career, Niang has allowed only 32 pressures. He’s got tree trunks for arms that deaden edge rushers in their tracks. His 2019 season was cut short though with a hip injury that will need to be monitored throughout the predraft process.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

using Buckner as a barometer, think the market if willing would be 49ers two first rounders this year, and.... knowing you, you'd prolly ask for a 2021 third rounder as well/at a minimum....

and upon closer inspection, couldn't get the GBay numbers to work, as had thought this year's first and next years would work, and.... it doesn't.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

ok.... got one for you.... whatta 'bout Savage, Rashan Gary, and their first this year and next ??

we're half doing them a favor by taking Gary back, and he fills Bosa's spot on the roster behind Rochell, Savage spells AP and is our nickel back, given that Desmond had an off year, and not sure asking for two firsts isn't over the top, and.... knowing you, there is zero to no hesitation there....

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I dont believe Tua can stay healthy in the pros so I scratch him unless he falls to 6. Very unlikely IMO.

I believe in group think for talent evaluation, Herbert has too many non believers for me.

We gotta win the AFCW first. That means stopping Mahomes. And the best chess piece in the draft to do that is Simmons. So he’s my pick.

And it kills me to pass on those OTs.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

ok.... got one for you.... whatta 'bout Savage, Rashan Gary, and their first this year and next ??

we're half doing them a favor by taking Gary back, and he fills Bosa's spot on the roster behind Rochell, Savage spells AP and is our nickel back, given that Desmond had an off year, and not sure asking for two firsts isn't over the top, and.... knowing you, there is zero to no hesitation there....
                Yes I do believe I’d make that trade.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Just spent 10 minutes going through " experts" opinions on whom they thought were the best QB:s heading into 2019 college football season. Joe Burrow ranked 6,7,12, 17,25 in the 5 I looked at. NO expert thought Burrow was first round pick material heading into the season. Just goes to show how EVERYTHING can change in one short season.
                  The point I'm making is that there will be other QB's( and other position players) that we've not yet considered, available to us next year..... and every year after that!
                  If Simmons, possibly the BEST player in the draft is there at 6, TT HAS to take him. He makes us better the second we call his name.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    I dont believe Tua can stay healthy in the pros so I scratch him unless he falls to 6. Very unlikely IMO.

I believe in group think for talent evaluation, Herbert has too many non believers for me.

We gotta win the AFCW first. That means stopping Mahomes. And the best chess piece in the draft to do that is Simmons. So he’s my pick.

And it kills me to pass on those OTs.
                    Yeah!

And I'm not liking Isaiah Wilson/Josh Jones that much.....might as well stick with Pip.

Much prefer picking Eason (or moving up a bit) with the 2nd round pick than Herbert at #6.
                    But than again, Eason doesn't fit what the myopic A Lynn wants to do on offense.....

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Yes I do believe I’d make that trade.
                      in retrospect, think I'd throw Jerry into the mix as well.... to balance things out, and as recall the sense that although Gary fashioned himself more as a DE, peoples that struck a chord w/me felt he was more suited to a 3T, and.... know you don't agree, and still suspect that Tillery might be best as 3-4 DE, and so.... we take on Gary and take our chances w/him @UT, and they take a flyer on Tillery in their 3-4 as their pass rushing DE.... we still get the two firsts and Savage along w/Rashan, and.... their haul is Bosa and Jerry.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

this one is for Charge!

1) Cincy * Herbert * Bengals go for the "safe bet/sure thing" in that they got a first hand/bird's eye view of Justin to themselves @the SB
                        2) LAC * Burrow * team TommyJohn succumbs to fan pressure and gives up next year's first to move up here to select the Alex Smith 2.0 game manager
                        3) Miami * Tua * run on QBs ends here for now, and Fins taking huge injury risk on guy they prolly need a tank to go w/their Oline to keep this guy clean
                        4) Giants * Isaiah * don't get the hype on this guy, and.... here you go sports fans
                        5) Lions * Young * really think the Motor City is a good spot for (car) Chase (Young)
                        6) Ron * Okudah * didn't they bring him in for some odd, by some accounts, visit ??

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

this one is for Charge!

1) Cincy * Herbert * Bengals go for the "safe bet/sure thing" in that they got a first hand/bird's eye view of Justin to themselves @the SB
                          2) LAC * Burrow * team TommyJohn succumbs to fan pressure and gives up next year's first to move up here to select the Alex Smith 2.0 game manager
                          3) Miami * Tua * run on QBs ends here for now, and Fins taking huge injury risk on guy they prolly need a tank to go w/their Oline to keep this guy clean
                          4) Giants * Isaiah * don't get the hype on this guy, and.... here you go sports fans
                          5) Lions * Young * really think the Motor City is a good spot for (car) Chase (Young)
                          6) Ron * Okudah * didn't they bring him in for some odd, by some accounts, visit ??
                          I'm sure Charge will thank you for the gift....all wrapped up in doubt and resentment...lol

The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

Working...
                          X