Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    this one is for Charge!

1) Cincy * Herbert * Bengals go for the "safe bet/sure thing" in that they got a first hand/bird's eye view of Justin to themselves @the SB
    2) LAC * Burrow * team TommyJohn succumbs to fan pressure and gives up next year's first to move up here to select the Alex Smith 2.0 game manager
    3) Miami * Tua * run on QBs ends here for now, and Fins taking huge injury risk on guy they prolly need a tank to go w/their Oline to keep this guy clean
    4) Giants * Isaiah * don't get the hype on this guy, and.... here you go sports fans
    5) Lions * Young * really think the Motor City is a good spot for (car) Chase (Young)
    6) Ron * Okudah * didn't they bring him in for some odd, by some accounts, visit ??
    I had to think about this statement for a few days...I'd take a better version of Alex Smith in the second half of his career vs. nothing at all at this point in time. Don't know if that is worth burning two first round picks though. LOL!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I'm sure Charge will thank you for the gift....all wrapped up in doubt and resentment...lol

yeah.... on this forum any NVC (nonviolent communication) skills pretty much go out the window.... all due apologies to Charge! and the rest of the Burrow bandwagoners.

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I had to think about this statement for a few days...I'd take a better version of Alex Smith in the second half of his career vs. nothing at all at this point in time. Don't know if that is worth burning two first round picks though. LOL!
      see above reply by Lone B.

think I've been outed for revealing my true feelings/thoughts 'bout drafting Mr. B.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

yeah.... on this forum any NVC (nonviolent communication) skills pretty much go out the window.... all due apologies to Charge! and the rest of the Burrow bandwagoners.

see above reply by Lone B.

think I've been outed for revealing my true feelings/thoughts 'bout drafting Mr. B.

Why are you not signed up for the forum mock?

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why are you not signed up for the forum mock?
          have done'm before and a good time for sure, and.... too hard to keep up w/while @work,
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• alex8080
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

a QB

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

actually am mistaken, as pretty sure it would take this year's and next year's first.... in addition to this year's second ?? !!

Comment

• iginlafan77
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

My preference in order:

Burrow
                Young
                Tua
                Okudah
                Simmons
                Wirfs

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

after listening to Tom, am less inclined to believe that Tua or Simmons are likely possibilities, albeit he did nothing to quell the suspicion that he might favor Herbert.... eye hope not.

and wouldn't be mad w/Lamb @6, albeit again it does look like an LT is most likely.

am gonna toss Becton not only based on his latest red flag at the combine for some substance thing, but more importantly in that PFF notes he gave up more pressures than desired, and.... he chose not to do his shuttle drill at the combine, an indicator for future NFL success @OT.... he may turn out to be Orlando Brown/Tunsil good or better, but why take the risk when you have three other pretty darn good options ??

and ditto for Jedrick, as don't like the Alabama pedigree as seems alotta their players get an unequal bounce from playing on a team of near college all stars.... also his shuttle time was markedly slower than the either of Wirfs or Thomas, and most of all, think he was disproportionately aided playing next to Deonte Brown (#65), who is some kind of wall of Gibraltar, that tightened his protection radius from something like 270 degrees down to 225 degrees.... just a hunch/guesstimate, and.... you gotta make some cuts here, and just don't like the vibe I get from this guy on top of all the aforementioned.

do like Wirfs quite a bit, but he did play mostly RT and not left, he does allow inside counters at times, and he could well end up being the better guard than tackle, and.... all that said, he is still my preferred selection here as intangibles are an imperative for me, as most like this guy in my locker room and lined up next to me on the field.... eye like his demeanor/mindset.... also gotta love his core strength, his wrestling background, and do like that he can spell Lamp if he doesn't come thru as advertised/hoped for this season, or for if and when Bulaga goes down and/or out w/injury, and can even be a hedge against the development of Pipkins.... dude is my first choice, regardless that he is not a pure LT.

Thomas on the other hand is the only guy that is a bonafide LT without much if any projection required.... he can run block, and while opinion might be mixed on his pass pro, have heard and read enough guys that eye think they know what they're talking about, and who vouch for him in pass protection.... why he has fallen from a top five prospect overall to a mid first rounder, is beyond me, as not buying the hype on Wills nor Becton, who both came on later in the process, and which has me casting a wary eye toward them and the pundits that are holding them up.... Thomas is a much safer/surer thing than the other guys listed here, and if I'm a GM w/a middling record, 'specially w/the big uglies, would prefer to go w/someone who is less risk, and despite opinions, could have quite the upside as well.

Comment

• FliptheSwitch56
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2020
                    • Send PM

There are many holes to fill so I am definitely not in favor of trading up and losing assets. The Bolts can really take a BPA-approach sitting at 6, with top players' positions..
                    I'd be happy with Simmons, or Brown falling to us or taking Tua is he's there. Doubtful that Okudah falls, but I wouldn't be as thrilled grabbing him as a CB, because a CB on one side of the field doesn't have proximity around the ball to make plays like DT, LB/S, or QB. Also, for similar reasons, no WR at 6 either.

If none of those are available, grab one of the OL. Building around an OL (or Defense) has taken many teams far. A OL upgrade helps both Taylor and Ekler.

During this quaratine, they showed a Utah State game and I like what I saw in Jordan Love. Very fluid, accurate, and mobile. I wouldn't grab him at 6, but if he's around in the 2nd, I would be fine taking him there.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Chargers are content with their QB's, and they've already invested in the OL. I think they have their eyes on Simmons, but he's not going to make it to #6.

So with no opportunity to trade down, that leaves the heir apparent to Keenan Allen: CeeDee Lamb.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                        Chargers are content with their QB's, and they've already invested in the OL. I think they have their eyes on Simmons, but he's not going to make it to #6.

So with no opportunity to trade down, that leaves the heir apparent to Keenan Allen: CeeDee Lamb.
                        I'm good with this pick! I think his other capabilities put him a little better than KA though. KA is a solid receiver but I believe CeeDee is a Touchdown maker!
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

fascinating.... do tell more,

QB last year * Phil, Tyrod, Easton.... this year * Tyrod, Easton

left side of Oline last year * Russell, Dan, Mike P.... this year * Pips, Forrest, Mike P. ??

and if indeed that is the scenario that plays out, wouldn't be the end of the world w/Cedarian, and.... don't get the logic in not fortifying the Lines first ??

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍