Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Who do you think Joey Bosa wants?
    Bosa would lose his damn mind if UM chose LAC

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    I am possitive Dean would be cool with Joey paying for him lol.... Or pitching in :chuckle:

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im in, just not optimistic from Deans habits and figure Garrett has a better shot of being hired. :shrug:
    Oh me too. I’m confident we won’t hire who the vast majority want. We are the Chargers after all.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Wouldn’t this possibly excite Spani?
    Big contract, maybe bring in a SB victory, and then if he quits they wouldn’t be on the line for the rest of his contract $.
    Im in, just not optimistic from Deans habits and figure Garrett has a better shot of being hired. :shrug:

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

See...you can be flexible!
    I can, but I also posted I think he has a. 01% chance that Dean agrees to hire him for the asking price lol.

So I'm saying there is a chance. I'd love the hire, I'm just concerned he won't stay long. I don't care how much has to pay because it don't effect the cap.

However, then there is control of personnel. Will he want it? Things he may want that keeps him away...thus my. 01%

Im trying not to say too much about coaches because I don't want to get too excited to be disapointed.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied

Yep that is cool shit.
    My only negative of Meyer is his exit if the NFL isn't for him and I think he is more a college fit. Otherwise bring him in, sure.
    But then Dean also won't pay what he is asking. Never say never but,... He has a history and I would be very shocked if he did.
    Its LA, you wanna be relevant with the Rams or content to just make money in the market?
    Wouldn’t this possibly excite Spani?
    Big contract, maybe bring in a SB victory, and then if he quits they wouldn’t be on the line for the rest of his contract $.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied

Yep that is cool shit.
    My only negative of Meyer is his exit if the NFL isn't for him and I think he is more a college fit. Otherwise bring him in, sure.
    But then Dean also won't pay what he is asking. Never say never but,... He has a history and I would be very shocked if he did.
    Its LA, you wanna be relevant with the Rams or content to just make money in the market?
    See...you can be flexible!

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Gotta admit....cool shit right there...
    Yep that is cool shit.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Looks like Urban wants some serious coin to coach in the NFL:

urban.JPG

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...o-coach-in-nfl

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
    Urban Story...

When Urban was here at Utah, he refused to refer to our rival as BYU. He called them the Team Down South (Provo is south of Salt Lake City), or "TDS". He required that everyone in the football organization refer to them as TDS in private and public (much to the anger of BYU). He even went as far as to put TDS urinal cakes in all of the locker room urinals. To this day, the moniker TDS is still used in the Utah Utes team and fan circles even though it has been 16 years since he coached here. My point is UM was all business, he knew what a rivalry meant and although it was already bitter, he stepped in and with attitude alone, he made it even more fierce.

When he went to OSU, his wife Shelley (who was a rock star here in SLC) was interviewed about her favorite place that Urban had coached and she said that it was Utah. She said something to the effect of those kids were so tough, played so hard and were so coachable that they would have run through a wall for Urban. Keep in mind, the 2004 Utah Utes with Alex Smith at QB, were the first non-BCS team to break through to the BCS (we played Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl) and if the BCS would have let us play for the title, Urban would have had one more National Championship on his belt. There was no way the BCS would let us in the Orange Bowl that year because they knew a small conference (Mountain West) team would have won it.

It was Urban's success here that built this program into a perennial top-25 team and then Kyle Whittingham was able to build on that foundation from there. If it were not for Urban, the Utah Utes would not be in the Pac 12.
    Gotta admit....cool shit right there...

Leave a comment:

• UtahBolt
    replied
    Urban Story...

When Urban was here at Utah, he refused to refer to our rival as BYU. He called them the Team Down South (Provo is south of Salt Lake City), or "TDS". He required that everyone in the football organization refer to them as TDS in private and public (much to the anger of BYU). He even went as far as to put TDS urinal cakes in all of the locker room urinals. To this day, the moniker TDS is still used in the Utah Utes team and fan circles even though it has been 16 years since he coached here. My point is UM was all business, he knew what a rivalry meant and although it was already bitter, he stepped in and with attitude alone, he made it even more fierce.

When he went to OSU, his wife Shelley (who was a rock star here in SLC) was interviewed about her favorite place that Urban had coached and she said that it was Utah. She said something to the effect of those kids were so tough, played so hard and were so coachable that they would have run through a wall for Urban. Keep in mind, the 2004 Utah Utes with Alex Smith at QB, were the first non-BCS team to break through to the BCS (we played Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl) and if the BCS would have let us play for the title, Urban would have had one more National Championship on his belt. There was no way the BCS would let us in the Orange Bowl that year because they knew a small conference (Mountain West) team would have won it.

It was Urban's success here that built this program into a perennial top-25 team and then Kyle Whittingham was able to build on that foundation from there. If it were not for Urban, the Utah Utes would not be in the Pac 12.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X