First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

He's not going to be the OC or the QB coach... he'll hire quality assistants and let them do their thing.

He would be the top "CEO" type, in my opinion. As others stated, he'll be in control.

I worry about his health. I worry about his lack of NFL experience. But his leadership is unquestioned.

Bowling Green to Utah to Florida to Ohio State... guy has a good track record.
    He might even keep a guy like Pep Hamilton on staff with Hamiltons track record over his career not just with Herbert but in Indy with Luck for example. Pep H should be a guy that most of these coaches should want to keep around with his work with Herbert. Even I guess Steichen just maybe not as OC,

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied
    Meyer might be looking for the perfect situation... no interference and can shop for the groceries. I think Jax is the leader here, but they can't sustain success with high draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
    Meyer doesn't exactly have a very good track record of developing elite QBs. We've got a Grand Prix car. We don't need to put him on a mud track.
    He's not going to be the OC or the QB coach... he'll hire quality assistants and let them do their thing.

He would be the top "CEO" type, in my opinion. As others stated, he'll be in control.

I worry about his health. I worry about his lack of NFL experience. But his leadership is unquestioned.

Bowling Green to Utah to Florida to Ohio State... guy has a good track record.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
    Him re-united with Bosa, he is the real deal and would turn the culture around on this team. Pay the man.

I just think he would be a slam dunk hire.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Actually, Texans are screwed....draft picks traded away, 20 mil over the cap next year according to spotrac, and a bad roster...actually feel sorry for them...O'Brian just killed them..
    Oh no, I get the problems that the Texans have. I was just commenting that unlike four of the teams with openings at HC, they have the answer at QB. Jets and Jaguars have the draft picks; Lions and Falcons have two QBs on the downside of their career. So, yes, this next year could be a rough one for the Texans but Watson is a darn good player to build around.

Leave a comment:

• JOJAX85
    replied
    Meyer doesn't exactly have a very good track record of developing elite QBs. We've got a Grand Prix car. We don't need to put him on a mud track.

Leave a comment:

• Silversurfer
    replied
    Him re-united with Bosa and the extinction of the jack and the box boys, he is the real deal and would turn the culture around on this team. Pay the man.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Actually, Texans are screwed....draft picks traded away, 20 mil over the cap next year according to spotrac, and a bad roster...actually feel sorry for them...O'Brian just killed them..

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Herbert vs Lawrence/Fields? A bird in hand is better than two in the bush...

Herbert a proven pro....the draft prospects are just that...prospects.
    Thats what I am saying. This is a damn good job. Houston is also a good opening because they have the QB signed for four more years. I get they don't have the draft capital but Watson is a top tier QB.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Herbert vs Lawrence/Fields? A bird in hand is better than two in the bush...

Herbert a proven pro....the draft prospects are just that...prospects.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Telling you guys, we're aiming big
    due diligence with the usual suspects yesterday
    I kind of had the same thought process. And who knows - maybe you and I are both wrong. I know people talk about the Jets and Jaguars with cap space, draft picks and the chance to pick a good young QB - but the Chargers have a QB that has played at the NFL level. NOt that Lawrence or Fields will not be good QBs. The Chargers have a good core signed ready to win and enough capital in terms of cap space and draft picks to add to the roster

So its one of the top 2 jobs open probably. And many bloggers on twitter were saying "this is a coveted job."

So yes, those first 7 names, even Daboll, were just the usual suspects. But names like Harbaugh or Meyer were going to be more quiet and stealth hires. Will they happen - who knows? Daboll is probably the fall back

I think for LA - the Spanii are looking and thinking bigger.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X