First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silversurfer
    replied
    Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
    Meyer just strikes me as the kind of guy to let everyone know "I AM RUNNING SHIT!" until I no longer want to run shit then I am leaving you with this shit. Could be 4 years, could be 2 years, could be 6 games. He's down there with Garrett for me.
    That's more douche bag Saban, Meyer is a complete opposite but I'm sure he demands his own respect.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post

I though that is what we "fans" wanted. Someone who will tell Spanos to stand back and let him do his job without interference. He has the clout to pull it off. As far as him leaving abruptly, every program he has left has not only been better than when he got there, but they were winning programs as he left in good position to continue being successful.
    and if he wins a Super Bowl - I will chip in for his damn moving truck if he quits right on the spot after lifting the trophy

Leave a comment:

• BoltBacker
    replied
    Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
    Meyer just strikes me as the kind of guy to let everyone know "I AM RUNNING SHIT!" until I no longer want to run shit then I am leaving you with this shit. Could be 4 years, could be 2 years, could be 6 games. He's down there with Garrett for me.
    I though that is what we "fans" wanted. Someone who will tell Spanos to stand back and let him do his job without interference. He has the clout to pull it off. As far as him leaving abruptly, every program he has left has not only been better than when he got there, but they were winning programs as he left in good position to continue being successful.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by northerner View Post
    Lots and lots of IF's with Meyer. I would prefer someone who is all in for the long haul from day one. This team is going to take a year or two to get near its potential - and that also depends on adding the necessary pieces (OL and DL).
    I don't think its that long. I agree with Jeremiah.

A targeted specific offseason of fixing OL, depth to the DL and Special Teams - this is a double digit win team

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

DJ on RE show.......

Daniel Jeremiah gives the many reasons why the Chargers job is the top job and there is no reason to settle . Urban Meyer or Jim Harbaugh should be near the top of the list

Its a job = he said it. The playmakers on defense (if DJ33 can stay healthy); add a CB, add an edge rusher, more IDL depth; fix the OL

it sounds like a lot but if targeted - the Chargers could be a double digit win team

don't settle for a cheap coordinator type

Leave a comment:

• JOJAX85
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northerner
    replied
    Lots and lots of IF's with Meyer. I would prefer someone who is all in for the long haul from day one. This team is going to take a year or two to get near its potential - and that also depends on adding the necessary pieces (OL and DL).

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

DJ on RE show.......

Fun to listen to Jeremiah...he totally became a Charger fan boy...and Herbert could probably have his way with him, lol....

Good stuff, but Meyer still gives me pause....but one good thing about him coming aboard...TT would be working side by side with a discerning eye for college talent, for the upcoming drafts.

Leave a comment:

• Lightnin'
    replied
    Meyer would be a great hire.

He is both a leader and unlike Saban, an NCAA icon who failed miserably as an
    NFL Coach would (I suspect) hire and delegate more effectively.

Whether he'd interview, be interested in our gig, and accept it is the question.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Will not take any crap from anybody. Neither will his team. Team will not beat itself. Winning culture instantly.

TG
    This is what makes him attractive IMO. He will take over the franchise. He won't let Dean or Baby Spanos tell him what to do. And if they sign him $12 mil per year contract, the Spamnoses can't afford to fire him. If he views Telesco a liability and they get into a power struggle, he will win. I think that kind of dominant personality is what this franchise needs, from the players on the field to members of the effing Spanos family.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied

DJ on RE show.......

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Not a fan of the idea of Meyer...no problems with his system, the staff he will bring, the culture, his own resume of success....I just don't trust him to stick in the NFL if the gig doesn't take off right away.

With Urban, there is too easy an out...if he finds the NFL not to his taste, he can pull a Saban, or get his gig back on TV.

Only college coach I would be interested in would be Harbaugh...he has been at both levels, if he jumps back to the pros, he knows what he is getting into.
    Ya that’s a big concern. I’m willing to gamble but I can easily see him calling it quits the minute the Spanos try to meddle
    managing bosses is an art, one Meyer hasn’t had to master because he’s been the guy for so long

Leave a comment:

Working...
X