• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Did the players know this? Not defending this in any way, shape or form, but it may not always be obvious someone is in high school if they are partying with college students. Let's let the legal system go through the process, though the court of public opinion never waits for this.
    I grew up across the freeway from SDSU. When I was in high school it was a big deal to go to SDSU frat parties including for high school girls. I never saw anything like this tho. More drunken sloppy make outs and that was it.

devo

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Shocked at how quiet this was kept during the draft process.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bills have known about rape allegations against P Matt Araiza "for a few weeks, are looking into the entire situation."

Araiza, who recently won Buffalo's punting competition, was accused of rape in a civil suit filed in California state court. The alleged incident involving a 17-year-old girl took place last October at an off-campus party at San Diego State. The Bills -- and sure the league -- are looking into the matter as the regular season approaches. An attorney representing Araiza denied the allegations and said the punter told NFL teams about the rape investigation before the 2022 NFL Draft. Araiza's chances of suiting up for the Bills don't seem great at the moment.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Did the players know this? Not defending this in any way, shape or form, but it may not always be obvious someone is in high school if they are partying with college students. Let's let the legal system go through the process, though the court of public opinion never waits for this.
        In the report, she said that she told Araiza she was only a high schooler.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

I went SDSU in the late 80s, I’d heard it was even crazier in the late 70s early 80s but it was a still pretty wild when I was there and this after AIDS had dropped like a bomb, there were drugs and parties, and I was just a regular kid not an athlete…I had witnessed people having sex at parties, I myself had sex at a couple of those parties too, but on one occasion I witnessed something like what’s described in that filing and I got the hell out of there because that wasn’t a party….

One of my good friends freshman year took a small group of us to a party that was a couple miles east of campus heading towards old La Mesa. It was a warm night we get to this apartment complex that had a pool and people were swimming and music was blasting, but upstairs in one of the rooms they had a girl…I’ll never forget the sigh when I walked past the doorway, I was repulsed and disgusted by what I saw! There were 7-9 guys lined up outside the room waiting to take their turns for $5…the poor girl laying face down on a bed unconscious, the blinds and windows closed, the reading light on the light stand was the only light turned on, but I could clearly see that she completely naked, and blood and/or fecal smears on her buttocks and the inside of her thighs. That smell of blood mixed with semen, sweat, and possibly feces is something that has stayed with me ever since. I told my friend to fuck off and myself and another guy we went with got the hell outta that place!

To this day I’m dealing with the fact that I could’ve run to a public phone and called the police…but instead we just walked home fuming and dejected…we were both upset about the girl but selfishly and stupidly I was equally angered because I felt I’d been made an unwilling accomplice to crime…neither one of us reported it! Probably because my friend was there and because 2-3 other guys I we knew were there and I personally was afraid…Afraid of what I might have to deal with if I reported it the police. Plus we’d all been snorting coke that evening…It’s a shame I have to carry with me until I die, the shame of being a fucking coward…

Later I learned that an older (27-29) guy known around campus, (an acquaintance of my friend’s) would occasionally organize these types of “parties”. They charged a ‘cover’ to get in and to have a turn with these girls that were taken from real parties and drugged out of there minds…Needless to say the friendship was over after that and every time I saw him in class or on campus he’d glance at me defiantly like I had betrayed him or something….I wish I was kidding but he was a criminal justice major and he got into law enforcement after graduating from SDSU…

I’m still not where I need to be, but over the years I’ve tried really hard to outgrow most of the sexist bullshit I grew up with…but even when I was young, there are lines that I never crossed and for the life of me I just can’t comprehend the type of hate necessary to drive men to treat a woman like that…

For those that are incredulous that these things happened before or that they are still happening today…I wish I could unsee what I saw back then and that I had the luxury to pretend these things don’t take place…

someone made mention about those of us that have daughters,….why would that be necessary for people to understand the issue? Even if you don’t have daughters, there isn’t a man alive today that doesn’t have a mother…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

She’s only 17. Please don’t go there.
            I suppose he should have carded her at the door. My bad.

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

That's he said/she said. Unless someone else overheard it.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                Shocked at how quiet this was kept during the draft process.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bills have known about rape allegations against P Matt Araiza "for a few weeks, are looking into the entire situation."

Araiza, who recently won Buffalo's punting competition, was accused of rape in a civil suit filed in California state court. The alleged incident involving a 17-year-old girl took place last October at an off-campus party at San Diego State. The Bills -- and sure the league -- are looking into the matter as the regular season approaches. An attorney representing Araiza denied the allegations and said the punter told NFL teams about the rape investigation before the 2022 NFL Draft. Araiza's chances of suiting up for the Bills don't seem great at the moment.
                Just surprised that the Bills are willing to put up with the PR nightmare for a punter.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                  I went SDSU in the late 80s, I’d heard it was even crazier in the late 70s early 80s but it was a still pretty wild when I was there and this after AIDS had dropped like a bomb, there were drugs and parties, and I was just a regular kid not an athlete…I had witnessed people having sex at parties, I myself had sex at a couple of those parties too, but on one occasion I witnessed something like what’s described in that filing and I got the hell out of there because that wasn’t a party….

One of my good friends freshman year took a small group of us to a party that was a couple miles east of campus heading towards old La Mesa. It was a warm night we get to this apartment complex that had a pool and people were swimming and music was blasting, but upstairs in one of the rooms they had a girl…I’ll never forget the sigh when I walked past the doorway, I was repulsed and disgusted by what I saw! There were 7-9 guys lined up outside the room waiting to take their turns for $5…the poor girl laying face down on a bed unconscious, the blinds and windows closed, the reading light on the light stand was the only light turned on, but I could clearly see that she completely naked, and blood and/or fecal smears on her buttocks and the inside of her thighs. That smell of blood mixed with semen, sweat, and possibly feces is something that has stayed with me ever since. I told my friend to fuck off and myself and another guy we went with got the hell outta that place!

To this day I’m dealing with the fact that I could’ve run to a public phone and called the police…but instead we just walked home fuming and dejected…we were both upset about the girl but selfishly and stupidly I was equally angered because I felt I’d been made an unwilling accomplice to crime…neither one of us reported it! Probably because my friend was there and because 2-3 other guys I we knew were there and I personally was afraid…Afraid of what I might have to deal with if I reported it the police. Plus we’d all been snorting coke that evening…It’s a shame I have to carry with me until I die, the shame of being a fucking coward…

Later I learned that an older (27-29) guy known around campus, (an acquaintance of my friend’s) would occasionally organize these types of “parties”. They charged a ‘cover’ to get in and to have a turn with these girls that were taken from real parties and drugged out of there minds…Needless to say the friendship was over after that and every time I saw him in class or on campus he’d glance at me defiantly like I had betrayed him or something….I wish I was kidding but he was a criminal justice major and he got into law enforcement after graduating from SDSU…

I’m still not where I need to be, but over the years I’ve tried really hard to outgrow most of the sexist bullshit I grew up with…but even when I was young, there are lines that I never crossed and for the life of me I just can’t comprehend the type of hate necessary to drive men to treat a woman like that…

For those that are incredulous that these things happened before or that they are still happening today…I wish I could unsee what I saw back then and that I had the luxury to pretend these things don’t take place…

someone made mention about those of us that have daughters,….why would that be necessary for people to understand the issue? Even if you don’t have daughters, there isn’t a man alive today that doesn’t have a mother…
                  Thanks for sharing this F2H. I was also in and around the SDSU campus in the late 80's and saw a lot of crazy shit there. For sure. (I was at Grossmont but lived in SDSU affiliated apartments.) Didn't see anything as wild as your story above but I would not be surprised if stories like this were taking place at many parties around the area at that time. Sad to see/hear that this behavior is still around and as a father that just dropped his daughter off at her college dorms last week, this story (and your story) really hits home.

I tell my girls over and over again, never, ever, take a drink from someone you don't know. EVER!
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                    Social Piranha
                    • May 2022
                    • Flyover, USA
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

That is a harrowing account. I’ve definitely heard similar stories, but never experienced anything like that. Damn.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

But it's also reported she told people she was 18 and was in college. The problem with this stuff coming out in bits and pieces.

Comment

• nomad1946
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2017
                        • West Yellowstone, Montana
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

But, just being a high schooler does not mean she was under age, she could be a Senior and be 18 years old. That would only take the statutory rape off of the table.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

If Araiza did, as his lawyer claimed, tell the Bills about the allegations before the draft, then I gotta believe - if they Chargers were even a little bit interested - that he shared that piece of information with them, as well. In which case I'm more than glad they passed on him; again, assuming he was even on the Chargers' radar. Their road to the playoffs this year is going to be tough enough without the additional burden of such a distraction.

That's the football side of my post. I don't feel there's any need to comment on the rest of the sordid details of this incident. Hopefully the truth will come out, and justice - whatever that looks like - will be served.

Comment

Working...
                          X