Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Hot take:

If you're an adult man, you have a moral and ethical responsibility to ensure as best as possible (with due diligence) that your sex partner is an adult, regardless of how casual the sex is. The consequences can be devastating, especially for the partner, but also the man.

I'm willing to step up on my high-horse to share that "controversial" opinion.
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Reasonable Mistake of Minor's Age

A few states allow defendants to offer evidence that they honestly and reasonably believed the minor to be over the age of consent as a defense to a charge of statutory rape. Most states reject this mistake of age defense and treat the defendant's mistake or ignorance about the minor's age as irrelevant to guilt under statutory rape laws, even where the minor has intentionally lied about their age.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
        Shocked at how quiet this was kept during the draft process.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bills have known about rape allegations against P Matt Araiza "for a few weeks, are looking into the entire situation."

Araiza, who recently won Buffalo's punting competition, was accused of rape in a civil suit filed in California state court. The alleged incident involving a 17-year-old girl took place last October at an off-campus party at San Diego State. The Bills -- and sure the league -- are looking into the matter as the regular season approaches. An attorney representing Araiza denied the allegations and said the punter told NFL teams about the rape investigation before the 2022 NFL Draft. Araiza's chances of suiting up for the Bills don't seem great at the moment.
        ^ This...you would think the Bills would have at least done a bit more due diligence here...after the Leaf fiasco, I thought scouts were regularly assigned to dig up all they could on potential draftees...

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

That makes me sick. It brought back a memory from college.0 I walked into a room and there were like 8 guys standing around a bed sodomizing a passed out girl. I should have done something instead I turned around and walked out trying to forget what I just saw. Some men have no brains at all. It just disturbs me. It disturbed and scared the hell out of me when my daughters hit their teens.

Rape such a strange act to me. My brain just doesn't understand how anyone could get pleasure from shit like this. I seriously think rape is one of the most heinous act a guy can do to a female. I would support a law where castration would be the punishment. If that were my daughter those three had better be looking over their shoulder the rest of their lives that's all I got to say.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            Hot take:

If you're an adult man, you have a moral and ethical responsibility to ensure as best as possible (with due diligence) that your sex partner is an adult, regardless of how casual the sex is. The consequences can be devastating, especially for the partner, but also the man.

I'm willing to step up on my high-horse to share that "controversial" opinion.
            That’s more like a cool take to me.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

The Bills had Matt Barkley punt last night instead. Seriously why are you putting up with a punter given the PR nightmare?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                That makes me sick. It brought back a memory from college.0 I walked into a room and there were like 8 guys standing around a bed sodomizing a passed out girl. I should have done something instead I turned around and walked out trying to forget what I just saw. Some men have no brains at all. It just disturbs me. It disturbed and scared the hell out of me when my daughters hit their teens.

Rape such a strange act to me. My brain just doesn't understand how anyone could get pleasure from shit like this. I seriously think rape is one of the most heinous act a guy can do to a female. I would support a law where castration would be the punishment. If that were my daughter those three had better be looking over their shoulder the rest of their lives that's all I got to say.
                This - i don’t get how sick brains get off on girls either comatose and/or resisting. I always have needed my partner to be not just willing but enthusiastic.

I was both an undergrad at SDSU first half of 80s as well as playing in local rock band. I saw some fucking wild shit, mostly the band but also at some State parties, including party girls that let themselves be passed around. But they were alert and willing - they had their own groupie fantasies and watched too many Motley Crue videos. I also so a lot of very mature 17yo girls coming around all the time, enticing guys and going all out. I always had a girlfriend throughout that time, always hot and always enough for me, i didn’t partake in that shit. but I never saw any gang rape of a passed out girl - that is just completely sick. Sounds to me that whatever Araiza did, and I’ll assume for now its somewhere between what he and she say, it was far from ok.

As to the Bills - the statements I’ve seen are very couched non-statements - sounds to me like they’ll play him up to and until they are forced by the league to not play him. I’d bet $100 he starts Game 1 and nothing changes unless or until there’s a really bad (for him) turn in the case. Sick.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  The Bills had Matt Barkley punt last night instead. Seriously why are you putting up with a punter given the PR nightmare?
                  It will probably cost him a roster spot. The problem is, these are allegations at this point. Really, really bad ones, but still just allegations. What if it was a repeat of the Duke Lacrosse team? I know nothing aside from the little reported but he deserves his time in the legal system and by all means should be crushed if found guilty.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It will probably cost him a roster spot. The problem is, these are allegations at this point. Really, really bad ones, but still just allegations. What if it was a repeat of the Duke Lacrosse team? I know nothing aside from the little reported but he deserves his time in the legal system and by all means should be crushed if found guilty.
                    He’s not going to jail though. A lot of places aren’t even going to hire you in the real world if you had allegations like this one.

And why would the Bills care if it’ll cost Araiza a roster spot?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He’s not going to jail though. A lot of places aren’t even going to hire you in the real world if you had allegations like this one.

And why would the Bills care if it’ll cost Araiza a roster spot?
                      They won't care at all, aside from a wasted low round pick. My point was - let the legal system runs its course. If guilty, he is the scum of the earth and should pay the price. If he is innocent, he should not be punished, but in a case like this, no matter the outcome, he has suffered irreparable career damage that can never be undone.

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

They won't care at all, aside from a wasted low round pick. My point was - let the legal system runs its course. If guilty, he is the scum of the earth and should pay the price. If he is innocent, he should not be punished, but in a case like this, no matter the outcome, he has suffered irreparable career damage that can never be undone.
                        If he's innocent, he will never be able to regain his reputation because of social media. So he's screwed either way. That's the way it works now. You're guilty even if proven innocent.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Oh they care more than that. By all accounts Araiza is a generational punter and they are a super bowl favorite. Having a guy that boom 70 yard punts is a weapon. They must have known this was out there but drafted him and then gave him the job. We’d care if we had him

Comment

Working...
                          X