• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

Case in point on not making pitching changes too early and why having your starter go deep is of utmost importance.

As we speak, the Braves have 2 pitchers available and the Padres have 3... Braves used 5 arms in one inning... It can get our of control really quick. Plus, so many changes affects your position players. Padres have 2 bench players available as many were used as PH in the outgoing pitchers spot.

Now, at home v Dodgers! We need our arms rested for that important 3 game series.

UPDATE: Padres win, Padres win... 4-3 on the road series with a nice 3 gamer vs LA! Time to make a run.
    Last edited by TABF; 06-11-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TBF View Post
      Case in point on not making pitching changes too early and why having your starter go deep is of utmost importance.

As we speak, the Braves have 2 pitchers available and the Padres have 3... Braves used 5 arms in one inning... It can get our of control really quick. Plus, so many changes affects your position players. Padres have 2 bench players available as many were used as PH in the outgoing pitchers spot.

Now, at home v Dodgers! We need our arms rested for that important 3 game series.

UPDATE: Padres win, Padres win... 4-3 on the road series with a nice 3 gamer vs LA! Time to make a run.
      Sorry I missed today's game. It looks like it was a winner.

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
        Sorry I missed today's game. It looks like it was a winner.
        You would have loved BB today. Argued the mess out of a call the umps completely missed and he got ejected. When that inning ended we were down by 3 late-late in the game. The boys then went on and scored 3 runs to tie it as the Bravos folded and played crappy baseball. We went ahead in the 10th or 11th after ninja hit a 2 run double.

Catch the highlights and see how blatant the double bat hit foul ball was that was (1) not reviewable and (2) evident to everyone but the umpires.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

You would have loved BB today. Argued the mess out of a call the umps completely missed and he got ejected. When that inning ended we were down by 3 late-late in the game. The boys then went on and scored 3 runs to tie it as the Bravos folded and played crappy baseball. We went ahead in the 10th or 11th after ninja hit a 2 run double.

Catch the highlights and see how blatant the double bat hit foul ball was that was (1) not reviewable and (2) evident to everyone but the umpires.
          Yea. I saw the highlights. Pretty intense umpire calls 2 of the last 3 games - all the calls happening at the plate. The one I saw, the umps got all the calls right after replays. Three replay reviews on runs or non-runs at the plate. This one - they blew the call and threw out our manager. Then they called catcher's interference on the Braves, which tied the game for us. A lot of stuff that I hadn't seen before.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2015, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• TABF
            Por debajo del promedio
            • Jun 2013
            • SoCal
            • Send PM

Big win boys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• TABF
              Por debajo del promedio
              • Jun 2013
              • SoCal
              • Send PM

Gotta beat LA in these 'battle' type games if we want to win the west or earn a WC spot.

Comment

• RobH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Tokyo, Japan
                • University English Lecturer
                • Send PM

Big win against SF and Baumgartner today. Nice job by Despaigne to keep us in the game. It's time for the rest of the staff to pick it up and get us on a serious roll. I still think we have the talent to do it. It was nice to see Kemp and the manager get tossed. A little passion!

Comment

• TABF
                  Por debajo del promedio
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoCal
                  • Send PM

Yup... It was all Bud Black...

Sure glad we made that 1/3 of the season firing!

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Yup... It was all Bud Black...

Sure glad we made that 1/3 of the season firing!
                    He had eight-plus seasons. He was not the guy, it was time for a change.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      He had eight-plus seasons. He was not the guy, it was time for a change.
                      Agreed. But Murphy surely hasn't figured out how to spark the team either.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Agreed. But Murphy surely hasn't figured out how to spark the team either.
                        He has not but it was a chance I was willing to take. He's interim anyway, we still have Doc on the bench (he was my choice anyway).

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Some grumblings now that we should think about trading away some of the talent we acquired, namely Kemp (not sure who'd take him) and Justin Upton (no!) for prospects. I'm tired of prospects, let's figure out what we need now and build up, not down.

Comment

Working...
                          X