Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    replied
    Guess they got tired of waiting for Doc.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
    Bledsoe is a good player, and he can defend the Point Guard position, which the Lakers haven't had since... since... D-Fish's first run with the team?

The rumor I read was Phoenix wanted to sign and trade him to us, and demanded Randle and Houston's #1, they got in the Lin deal.

If that's the case, I don't want him.

I was hoping we could work something out with Nash... send him back home to Phoenix for his final season...they have Dragic and Thomas...they don't really need Bledsoe, and he would be a perfect fit in LA, and he's fairly young yet, too.

His contract demands are a bit outlandish, though.
    Even if they were to trade for Bledsoe it couldn't happen for 3-4 more weeks. I hope they don't. Bledsoe on a max contract would be a bad choice for a team that looking for cap flexibility in 2015.

Leave a comment:

replied
    How is Bledsoe "unreliable?"

Anyway, if the Suns are really trying to include Randle in the deal, that's stupid. Bledsoe would be a good sign at the right price. He's be a decent S&T option if the value going the other way isn't too much. Unfortunately, the Lakers don't really have the assets to make that part work.

I think he'd be a very nice addition. He's going to continue to improve and he's an amazing athlete. If you could get him in a buy low situation, then definitely. But he seems like he wants to cash in now and a team in the Lakers' situation can't really do that without really having a better handle on who else is going to be there and at what price. I don't think he's a centerpiece. He's a sidekick.

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    Bledsoe is a good player, and he can defend the Point Guard position, which the Lakers haven't had since... since... D-Fish's first run with the team?

The rumor I read was Phoenix wanted to sign and trade him to us, and demanded Randle and Houston's #1, they got in the Lin deal.

If that's the case, I don't want him.

I was hoping we could work something out with Nash... send him back home to Phoenix for his final season...they have Dragic and Thomas...they don't really need Bledsoe, and he would be a perfect fit in LA, and he's fairly young yet, too.

His contract demands are a bit outlandish, though.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    Agreed. I don't know who the Lakers are eying for 2015 though. Love will likely be traded before then.
    There are a lot of good free agents in 2015. Makes a lot more sense to wait than to pay too much for someone as unreliable as Bledsoe.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Bledsoe would have been an excellent signing, but I don't know about his contract demands. They seem a little excessive.

Leave a comment:

• sandiego17
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    Love will likely be traded before then.
    CLEVELAND—Following lengthy and protracted trade negotiations, the Cleveland Cavaliers announced Friday that the team has agreed to deal No. 1 draft pick Andrew Wiggins and four-time league MVP LeBron James to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for power forward Kevin Love. “Though it was a tough decision to let…

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied
    Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe:

He's a good player but Im glad this didn't work out
    Agreed. I don't know who the Lakers are eying for 2015 though. Love will likely be traded before then.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe:

Before the Lakers decided to make an amnesty claim for Carlos Boozer, occupying more than $3.2 million on their salary cap to ensure more space next summer, NBA sources said they considered making a bid for Phoenix restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe. Although the Lakers already acquired former Harvard standout Jeremy Lin and his $14 million salary for this upcoming season, it was only to create more space next summer. Bledsoe could have been the team’s point guard of the future. Teams such as Houston and Milwaukee are considering bids for Bledsoe, who remains the biggest free agent on the market.

He's a good player but Im glad this didn't work out

Leave a comment:

• Mister Hoarse
    replied
    X logo:

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Lakers reached agreements with Ryan Kelly, Xavier Henry and Wesley Johnson

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied
    Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    Marshall started off well but he's not the best shooter and hasn't played well this summer. I still think he'll be brought back
    Clarkson played really well. But I don't know what we can really learn from a handful of games against mostly rookies and backups.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X