Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    The Rockets wanted Boozer. What an awful offseason for them.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Marshall started off well but he's not the best shooter and hasn't played well this summer. I still think he'll be brought back

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied
    I like Marshall. I don't get that move.

Nash is a waste of a roster spot. If he's gonna sit on the sidelines, make him an assistant coach.

Young annoys me. Was really hoping he wouldn't resign, despite playing well in spots.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    X is a laker once more. Marshall has been waived but I could see him coming back

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    Not a fan of Carlos Boozer. Hope he proves me wrong, but doubt it.
    He's just another expiring contract to throw out there. And he's a big. Other than that the roster seems to be set. Maybe X comes back.

As long as they dont use the stretch provision on Nash, which I hope isnt an option.

Leave a comment:

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    replied
    Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    He's a lot better at 3.25M than he was at 17 or whatever he was making.

Leave a comment:

• sandiego17
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Lakers Roster:
    PG: Lin, Nash, Marshall, Clarkson
    SG: Bryant
    SF: Young
    PF: Davis, Randle,
    C: Hill, Boozer, Sacre

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    yahoo:

• The Los Angeles Lakers landed free-agent forward Ed Davis, late of the Memphis Grizzlies, for the bargain-basement price of $2 million over two years, according to Woj, with the 25-year-old former North Carolina standout holding a player option for the second season. As head-scratching as it was for L.A. to give Jordan Hill $18 million over two years, that's roughly how jaw-dropping it is that they were able to snare Davis for a cool mil per year.

Davis played fewer minutes in his year and a half in Memphis (1,500) than he did during his final season with the Toronto Raptors (1,534), and that was the lockout-shortened 66-game 2011-12 campaign. There were reasons for that, of course — that was a bad Raptors team with little besides do-it-all Amir Johnson and do-very-little Andrea Bargnani ahead of him on the frontcourt depth chart, whereas the very good Grizz of the last couple of years have employed Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol and reserves like Darrell Arthur and Kosta Koufos — and for all his athletic gifts, he rarely leapt off the screen at you, grabbed you by the lapels and made you think, "Man, Ed Davis should probably be starting."
    That said: Ed Davis should definitely be playing more.

He's a perpetually active rebounder, helpful in clearing the glass on both ends of the floor. He's a viable option as the dive man in the pick-and-roll, with the length and athleticism to get to the basket quickly off one dribble (or none, depending on where the screen's set) and the touch to finish once he gets there; he's shot 67.1 percent inside the restricted area for his career. His suspect free-throw percentages (59.6 percent as a pro) temper enthusiasm that he could ever become a bankable pick-and-pop big, but he's shown flashes of midrange proficiency (37.6 percent for his career) that make you think it could come with time. He's still a bit thin at just 6-foot-10 and 225 pounds, which can leave him as a liability in one-on-one post defense, but he's demonstrated value as a weak-side shot-blocker, sending back 3.6 percent of opponents' field-goal attempts during his floor time over four pro seasons, an average rejection rate that would've ranked him among the league's top 15 to 25 swatters in each of the past 10 years.

He's been productive, effective, efficient and intriguing on both ends of the floor when he's gotten opportunities, and he ought to get plenty in a Lakers frontcourt that presently features Hill, Robert Sacre, rookie Julius Randle and nothing else. (It remains to be seen whether L.A. decides to bring back restricted free agent Ryan Kelly, to whom they extended a qualifying offer after his rookie season.) If his impressive per-minute numbers translate in a larger role, a Lakers team set to be flush with cap space next season and thereafter will have the option of paying a more upmarket rate for an emerging 26-year-old power forward; if he doesn't, the deal still represents precisely the kind of value play that a rebuilding team in need of everything like the Lakers should be making.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Boozer $3.25 mil
    Last edited by oneinchpunch; 07-17-2014, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    tomhaberstroh reports that Denver, Phoenix and the Lakers all pursued Chris Bosh as hard as Houston did before Miami maxed him out

phew

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with Pau. Love that guy.

Lakers Roster:
    PG: Lin, Nash, Marshall, Clarkson
    SG: Bryant
    SF: Young
    PF: Randle, Kelly (I forgot about Kelly last week, because I don't like him, he's an overrated Dookie)
    C: Hill, Sacre

Yikes. Need another Small forward and another Shooting Guard, and perhaps another big man. On the summer League roster...maybe DeAndre Kane or Kevin Murphy could make the team as a 12th man?

Not alot left out there for Free Agents. There are some names, but no one who is going to make a difference.

Looks like another ugly season.
    Could've been uglier. Melo couldve decided to play in LA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X