• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Klinsman blowing up the team. He just cut Nick Rimando, DaMarcus Beasley, Matt Besler, Kyle Beckerman, Michael Bradley, Graham Zusi, Clint Dempsey and Chris Wondolowski

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Klinsman blowing up the team. He just cut Nick Rimando, DaMarcus Beasley, Matt Besler, Kyle Beckerman, Michael Bradley, Graham Zusi, Clint Dempsey and Chris Wondolowski
      I know he's talked about cutting the guys over 30, but where did you see that? Besler and Wondo shouldn't be on the team anyway, disagree with Dempsey and Bradly. The others no big deal.

Edit: Ahh, for the friendly against Costa Rica. Thanks.
      Last edited by sandiego17; 10-12-2015, 09:17 AM. Reason: Found Link

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
        I know he's talked about cutting the guys over 30, but where did you see that? Besler and Wondo shouldn't be on the team anyway, disagree with Dempsey and Bradly. The others no big deal.

Edit: Ahh, for the friendly against Costa Rica. Thanks.
        Read it here:

Eight players have been released back to their clubs, with five new faces being added ahead of Tuesday's game.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
          "Sometimes" we beat them? Since 2000, our men have beat them like a drum. Record of 13-6-5. I love when their stupid fans start chanting that "ole ole" shit when they are connecting passes. When I hear that, it's music to my ears. Their players are busy tiring themselves out for no benefit. It reminds me of the old John Wooden saying "don't mistake activity for achievement."

However, gotta give credit where it's due. Props to Mexico for winning last night; that was a helluva game. By the way, real classy of Mexican fans to yell "puto" as loud as they can during opponent goal kicks. Real nice thing to pass down to your kids.
          Mexican soccer isn't for kids or the sensitive, and, except for in the big cities (much like in America), a lot of people haven't advanced very far in being sensitive toward different races and lifestyles.

Mexican soccer isn't for everybody. Like I said - in America - soccer is for kids and their families. That's not how it works in Mexico. Yes, I know kids go to Mexican soccer matches, but it isn't really a kids event. It's an adult event - generally an escape for the family/work life. And Mexican soccer fans are very passionate about their sport.

I don't really follow soccer so I didn't realize how often the USA beats Mexico. When I lived in Mexico, America won all the games in America and Mexico won all the games in Mexico. Like I said - it's pretty impressive that the USA, whose top athletes don't usually play soccer, can do as well as it does against Mexico.
          Last edited by Guest; 10-12-2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• floydefisher
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • siberiacuse, ny
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Time for Klinsmann to go?

Only if he can be replaced with Carly Lloyd. :lol:
            sigpic

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
              Mexican soccer isn't for kids or the sensitive, and, except for in the big cities (much like in America), a lot of people haven't advanced very far in being sensitive toward different races and lifestyles.

Mexican soccer isn't for everybody. Like I said - in America - soccer is for kids and their families. That's not how it works in Mexico. Yes, I know kids go to Mexican soccer matches, but it isn't really a kids event. It's an adult event - generally an escape for the family/work life. And Mexican soccer fans are very passionate about their sport.

I don't really follow soccer so I didn't realize how often the USA beats Mexico. When I lived in Mexico, America won all the games in America and Mexico won all the games in Mexico. Like I said - it's pretty impressive that the USA, whose top athletes don't usually play soccer, can do as well as it does against Mexico.
              Soccer is played at all ages in Mexico, there are weekend leagues everywhere, kids, teens, adults, old farts... the only thing missing here is women's soccer.

And the other thing, is that Mexico is a latin culture, it doesnt have the discipline of the Anglo culture. Thats why USA has improved so much Vs Mexico. Its so easy to explain.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                Soccer is played at all ages in Mexico, there are weekend leagues everywhere, kids, teens, adults, old farts... the only thing missing here is women's soccer.

And the other thing, is that Mexico is a latin culture, it doesnt have the discipline of the Anglo culture. Thats why USA has improved so much Vs Mexico. Its so easy to explain.
                You lost me, bro.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

USMNT lost to Costa Rica 1-0, on American soil.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                    You lost me, bro.
                    No, you are the one that lost me bro.

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      USMNT lost to Costa Rica 1-0, on American soil.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Heh. Team saved Klinsman at least til Saturday.

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Heh. Team saved Klinsman at least til Saturday.
                          Klinsman lost me with his team selection for the WC, only someone with a vendetta would chose Wondo over Donovan for anything remotely associated with soccer. Still, hope he can earn the support back. I think we smash Paraguay and then hope Costa Rica can get by a disinterested Columbia.

Comment

Working...
                          X