• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    Klinsman lost me with his team selection for the WC, only someone with a vendetta would chose Wondo over Donovan for anything remotely associated with soccer. Still, hope he can earn the support back. I think we smash Paraguay and then hope Costa Rica can get by a disinterested Columbia.
    I guess if the goal is to win the group. Just to get to the quarters, the USMNT can get in with a draw vs. Paraguay, and Columbia winning v. Costa Rica, more likely than a win vs. Paraguay, which would also gets them to the quarters. A win by Costa Rica could mean a goal differential tiebreaker, but that would be good for the USMNT because of the smashing they did yesterday.

I'm not sure if there is an advantage to winning the group anyway, if they are the runner up, they would avoid the winner of group D, which has Argentina, if they advance to the semis, and possibly play the the winner of group C, where Mexico and Venezuela are.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

So Suck for luck?
      I agree on Klinsman. He can piss off after the Tourney.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        I guess if the goal is to win the group. Just to get to the quarters, the USMNT can get in with a draw vs. Paraguay, and Columbia winning v. Costa Rica, more likely than a win vs. Paraguay, which would also gets them to the quarters. A win by Costa Rica could mean a goal differential tiebreaker, but that would be good for the USMNT because of the smashing they did yesterday.

I'm not sure if there is an advantage to winning the group anyway, if they are the runner up, they would avoid the winner of group D, which has Argentina, if they advance to the semis, and possibly play the the winner of group C, where Mexico and Venezuela are.
        I think Brasil wins group B, so if we can win group A, we can avoid them in the quarters and draw Peru or Ecuador in the quarters. That advantage goes out the window if Brasil doesn't win group B. I think Brasil would smash us. Coutinho and Wilian would have a field day.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

Need to see more of Pulisic. Barring injury he could end up being best field player we've ever had. Dempsey, Jones, Zusi, Beckerman are too old to be relied on for World Cup and this is only real international tournament before that to get the young guys accustomed to that sort of competition. Since we yet again didn't qualify for Olympics we can't get the bulk of our under 23's blooded. If Klinsmann wasn't fighting for his job we may have been able to bring a few more into the Copa

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Fuck Klinsman. He's done more harm than good.
            sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

100% agree on more Pulisic. Not many in our starting XI that could play for and succeed with Dortmund. At least he will grow as a pro even if it isn't with the USMNT.

Had some real hopes when he was hired, but agree that Klinsmann has done more harm than good and his PR fiascos don't help. Usually though, when he leaves a job, the teams he coached do much better without him. So we have that going for us! Fuck his son too.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

100% agree on more Pulisic. Not many in our starting XI that could play for and succeed with Dortmund. At least he will grow as a pro even if it isn't with the USMNT.

Had some real hopes when he was hired, but agree that Klinsmann has done more harm than good and his PR fiascos don't help. Usually though, when he leaves a job, the teams he coached do much better without him. So we have that going for us! Fuck his son too.
                Gulati sounds like he is finally starting to grow weary of his man crush Jurgen. I thought it was an ok hire at the time but he should not have been given the director keys. It's fairly obvious at this point that his success at Germany was down to Joggi Lowe.
                There is actually a lot of young US talent overseas at big leagues right now that need to be brought into camps when we have internationals on the calendar.

I used to love watching the Kaiser score for Spurs. The dude was an awesome player

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Klinsman was awesome on the pitch, but he hasn't been as successful as a manager.

I tend to pretty much only watch the BPL (some La Liga only because I really enjoy watching Neymar and of course Luis Suarez). Guys like Cameron and Guzan are pedestrian, Yedlin has come on for a youngster.. Seems like most of the Americans play in the Bundesliga, which I don't watch much at all (some Dortmund). I know Wood had some success in their second division and Pulisic has done well in the short time he's been with Dortmund. For a 17 year old, that's crazy. Saw Johnson play in the champions league simply because I wanted to watch him, he's a stud that Klinsman plays out of position. So far in the Copa America, been most impressed by Brooks, he's been much better than I remember him. I wouldn't play Bradley and maybe not even Jones, even with the goal/game he had yesterday.
                  Last edited by sandiego17; 06-08-2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Ya, Brasil is going to win that group, hopefully costa rica can get a win against colombia. Coutinho already has 2...

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Klinsman was awesome on the pitch, but he hasn't been as successful as a manager.

I tend to pretty much only watch the BPL (some La Liga only because I really enjoy watching Neymar and of course Luis Suarez). Guys like Cameron and Guzan are pedestrian, Yedlin has come on for a youngster.. Seems like most of the Americans play in the Bundesliga, which I don't watch much at all (some Dortmund). I know Wood had some success in their second division and Pulisic has done well in the short time he's been with Dortmund. For a 17 year old, that's crazy. Saw Johnson play in the champions league simply because I wanted to watch him, he's a stud that Klinsman plays out of position. So far in the Copa America, been most impressed by Brooks, he's been much better than I remember him. I wouldn't play Bradley and maybe not even Jones, even with the goal/game he had yesterday.
                      I lived in England for 17 years. I watched a lot of English football. I remember watching Keller at Milwall with his mullet.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                        I lived in England for 17 years. I watched a lot of English football. I remember watching Keller at Milwall with his mullet.
                        I envy you. Anfield is on my bucket list. Speaking of which, coutinho with a hat trick.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

My Newcastle got regulated. I may have to switch to another beer.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X