DX hurts his knee(Confirmed Lost For Season)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    To be fair, breaking down a single play for any player can make them look horrible. While I haven't participated in the pissing contest about these guys, wasn't Starks the second lowest rated tackle in the league last season?
    It's not really off of 1 play. I think Dunlap was averaging about a penalty per game started.

As far as Starks rating last season, he wasn't great, but he was coming off an ACL tear in even less of a time frame than ADP did (He tore it the first round of the playoffs). The prior year he ranked 33rd for OT's. Plus, I've seen him play many more times than Dunlap. Like I said, just a solid, unspectacular player. Doesn't make many mistakes. Played all offensive snaps last season.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      I believe we are better than last year at the O-line, but we still suck.
      When combined with the "only four plays away from 11-5" angle, this bodes extremely well for us LOL

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Cossel did go on to list several good teams like the Saints from 3 years ago the Arizona with Kurt Warner and one or two others who he said got credit for having a good Oline but in his view the scheem made them look allot better than they were...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          Cossel did go on to list several good teams like the Saints from 3 years ago the Arizona with Kurt Warner and one or two others who he said got credit for having a good Oline but in his view the scheme made them look allot better than they were...
          That's the plan at least. Hope it works out. Regardless, if we aren't able to run the ball, it's going to be a long season. We have to have a balanced offense and our rushing attack needs to rank in the top half of the league.

Comment

• homeless simpson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
            As far as Starks rating last season, he wasn't great, but he was coming off an ACL tear in even less of a time frame than ADP did (He tore it the first round of the playoffs). The prior year he ranked 33rd for OT's. Plus, I've seen him play many more times than Dunlap. Like I said, just a solid, unspectacular player. Doesn't make many mistakes. Played all offensive snaps last season.
            he's at the bottom of your beloved PFF's tackle list 2 years in a row.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Andy Reid is even a worse play caller than Norv. Let's see if Dunlap can play better under Whiz.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                he's at the bottom of your beloved PFF's tackle list 2 years in a row.
                :fc: 33rd out of all OT's buddy. That includes RT and LT of all qualified. Pretty much average. Keep pushing your agenda though!!!

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

I wonder if Rivers will be lobbying to bring back the "throw ball down at the defenders feet in tantrum" plays. the ultimate short passing game.
                  So glad we got all these new posters. So much new intelligent analysis to digest.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

:fc: 33rd out of all OT's buddy. That includes RT and LT of all qualified. Pretty much average. Keep pushing your agenda though!!!
                    i'm not the one who keeps pimping out PFF as the gold standard source for rankings.

Max Starks, no. 39 out of 43 tackles in 2013:
                    The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

So glad we got all these new posters. So much new intelligent analysis to digest.
                    i'm glad i;m not a new poster.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

i'm not the one who keeps pimping out PFF as the gold standard source for rankings.

Max Starks, no. 39 out of 43 tackles in 2013:
                      https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/
                      Thats not a ranking of OTs. That's a ranking of free agent OTs.
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

homeless simpson = benassi

So, a couple of folks don't like Beerman's takes (who actually does some research and posts his source) so they bash the source and don't provide any countering opinion from another source? How novel.....and weak.
                        sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          Thats not a ranking of OTs. That's a ranking of free agent OTs.
                          so out of all the available OT's, he's one of the worst ones per PFF. doesn't improve Koolaidman's argument.

Comment

Working...
                          X