DX hurts his knee(Confirmed Lost For Season)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
    so out of all the available OT's, he's one of the worst ones per PFF. doesn't improve Koolaidman's argument.
    39th best Free Agent OT available. Only 25 spots worse than Gaither. Who was very impressive last year.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

so out of all the available OT's, he's one of the worst ones per PFF. doesn't improve Koolaidman's argument.
      What's my argument exactly?

Comment

• homeless simpson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        What's my argument exactly?
        that we shouldn't sign bad players (Jammer, Phillips, Martin) because PFF says they are the worst at their positions. and since PFF says so, its PROOF.

but guys like Freeney and other signings are great, even though if you look at PFF's ranking for them they are mediocre to worst (more than 50 cb's listed ahead of Cox, Freeney is not even as good as Merriman, Starks is one of the worst tackles available....) all per PFF's grading system.

who needs research when the same source being referred to as proof of a player sucking, says the players you say are good signings are also suck?

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

that we shouldn't sign bad players (Jammer, Phillips, Martin) because PFF says they are the worst at their positions. and since PFF says so, its PROOF.

but guys like Freeney and other signings are great, even though if you look at PFF's ranking for them they are mediocre to worst (more than 50 cb's listed ahead of Cox, Freeney is not even as good as Merriman, Starks is one of the worst tackles available....) all per PFF's grading system.

who needs research when the same source being referred to as proof of a player sucking, says the players you say are good signings are also suck?
          Pretty sure I haven't mentioned Cox or Freeney in this thread, let alone called them great signings. Pretty sure I haven't called Starks a great signing. In fact if I correctly quote myself I said he was an unspectacular OT that doesn't make many mental mistakes. I went further with him saying he was coming off an ACL injury in 7 months last season and that I expect him to have a better year like 2011 where he ranked 33rd out of all OT's, vs. 78 last season. Not once did I call him great. Pretty sure he's a below average OT, but he won't kill drives with penalties or missed assignments. Added bonus was his durability playing all offensive snaps last season for the Steelers.

Jammer, Philips, Martin were fucking bad. I don't need PFF to tell me that. I saw them on the field. PFF just tells me how bad they were compared to the other shit players. They were pretty bad. In the case of Philips and Jammer they were also old and slow. Additionally in the case of Philips, he's a douchebag.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

That sequence is why I would prefer Starks to start. I don't mind getting solid, unspectacular play from our LT this season. Starks only had 3 penalties last season.
            Well, you actually have to get near the guy before you can get called for holding...

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Any site that ranks Gaither higher than Harris let alone Starks is only ranking his on field performance and we all know Gaither when motivated and healthy is on of the best in the NFL. His problem is he wants the money and does not want to play.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                Well, you actually have to get near the guy before you can get called for holding...
                That very well may be true. Like I said, he wasn't very good last season coming off his ACL tear. I'm hoping he can revert to his 2011 play where he was an average to slightly below average LT. We really have no other choice, but to hope he goes back to form. The other option is that Dunlap does something he has never done on the field and he actually improves his play. Maybe it happens, probably doesn't.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The other option is that Dunlap does something he has never done on the field and he actually improves his play. Maybe it happens, probably doesn't.
                  Pro Football Focus thinks very highly of Dunlap
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    Pro Football Focus thinks very highly of Dunlap
                    Of his pass blocking. Still gets stupid penalties and can't run block.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The world is static.

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

That very well may be true. Like I said, he wasn't very good last season coming off his ACL tear. I'm hoping he can revert to his 2011 play where he was an average to slightly below average LT. We really have no other choice, but to hope he goes back to form. The other option is that Dunlap does something he has never done on the field and he actually improves his play. Maybe it happens, probably doesn't.
                        We haven't had much of a chance to see anything tonight but Starks has had a good long look. If he doesn't show some big improvement he doesn't make this team. He has been horrid. They even took him out of the lineup for the 2 minute offense.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                          We haven't had much of a chance to see anything tonight but Starks has had a good long look. If he doesn't show some big improvement he doesn't make this team. He has been horrid. They even took him out of the lineup for the 2 minute offense.
                          I havent seen the game yet and still dont see him making the team. Hes washed up.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X