• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    A couple of times he also looked like he had zero clue on what route he was supposed to be running. I have loved Floyd, but when the season was over, we should have given Williams more time. Floyd had 9 catches for 152 yards and no TDs in his last 6 games. Williams could have used a bit of playing time as Floyd wasn't exactly helping things.
    Totally agree, what was there to gain by playing Floyd, I am not saying Floyd shouldn't of played, but knowing he was retiring and your only other receivers were Herndon, and Inman, and Johnson who I think was out the last 5 week, then we allow Vincent Brown to get playing time then cut him. Williams should of got more play and yes he is very raw in his route running/route recognition but I think that could come in time he missed out on getting valuable game time reps against NFL Starter.

It isn't like Williams was going to cost us games not with this O-line there were very limited opportunities afforded by Rivers to go deep by this O-line. What is the worst thing that could of happen Williams drop a deep ball like Floyd in Cincy. Not hating on Floyd I am hating on the Coaches that stayed status quot and not willing to give a chance to a player when you were depleted at receiver. This is reflective of what the problem is with the whole coaching staff, continuing to do the same thing over and over no creativity. McCoy should of been fired also with the rest of the offensive coaches, how many times McCoy continue to mis-manage the clock before half-time.

How many explosive players do we have on offense and for Williams to get as little play as he did was disappointing.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
      How many explosive players do we have on offense and for Williams to get as little play as he did was disappointing.
      This has been a problem for a while now. I love Keenan Allen, but he is a possession receiver and won't blow past anyone. Our other WRs are just guys. Gates is still a threat, but is slowing down so while he is a very dependable TE he isn't explosive. Green never developed/wasn't used enough to make a difference. Woodhead is another very dependable guy, but isn't going to take it to the house. Gordon is the one guy who could be explosive but for whatever reason didn't do it last year. So given our lack of explosive players, we had to try and score on long drives and our line is just not good or healthy enough to do that.

Comment

• Faded blues
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        This has been a problem for a while now. I love Keenan Allen, but he is a possession receiver and won't blow past anyone. Our other WRs are just guys. Gates is still a threat, but is slowing down so while he is a very dependable TE he isn't explosive. Green never developed/wasn't used enough to make a difference. Woodhead is another very dependable guy, but isn't going to take it to the house. Gordon is the one guy who could be explosive but for whatever reason didn't do it last year. So given our lack of explosive players, we had to try and score on long drives and our line is just not good or healthy enough to do that.
        agree.

keenan allen is Charlie joiner.

We need a wes chandler.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
          agree.

keenan allen is Charlie joiner.

We need a wes chandler.
          Keenan Allen is Charlie Joiner if Charlie Joiner missed 10 games in two years, didn't average 15-to-20 yards per reception, and wasn't the most clutch 3rd-down receiver of his era. And, by era, I mean two or three eras. Charlie Joiner played forever. Dude was nearly 40 when he retired, and he didn't need no fucking HGH to play that long. Charlie Joiner was a god.

Keenan Allen is a talented Davis fan with injury issues.
          Last edited by Guest; 01-06-2016, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

2016 Free Agency thread!

It's the off season after the season from hell after the off season from hell.

Looks like we have 40-47 mil in cap space by projections.

Here is a list of the top 20 Free Agents for 2016.
            Top 20 2016 Unrestricted free agents

Every game, all season

1. Von Miller, Denver Broncos linebacker: Miller has been one of the best overall defensive players in the league since he was drafted. He's as strong stopping the run as he is coming off the edge. There's no way the Broncos will let him hit the market.

2. Josh Norman, Carolina Panthers cornerback: There's nothing like having your breakout season in a contract year. Norman has been the best cornerback in football this year and is a legitimate Defensive Player of the Year candidate. He's not going anywhere.

3. Muhammad Wilkerson, New York Jets defensive end: Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams were splashy draft pick additions, but Wilkerson is still the best defensive lineman on the Jets. New York has played hardball in negotiations thus far with Wilkerson, but the franchise tag has to be an option here.

4. Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears wide receiver: He might not be the most refined receiver in the league, but few are better at catching deep balls. He's fourth in the league in receiving yards-per-game and topped 1,400 yards in 2013.

5. Cordy Glenn, Buffalo Bills offensive tackle: True franchise left tackles are awfully hard to find. That's why he's a strong candidate for the franchise tag.

6. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants defensive end: He's still disruptive despite playing with a club over his injured hand. There has to be a chance JPP will only get better as he learns how best to play with his disadvantage, and the ceiling here is tremendous. Still, he has struggled to wrap up opposing running backs. Can he finish plays?

7. Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs safety: Berry has come back from his cancer scare better than ever. Strong safety play is hard to find and Berry has the versatility teams are looking for.

8. Malik Jackson, Broncos defensive tackle: Like Norman, he's having a career year in a contract season. It's hard to find interior pass rushers like Jackson just entering his prime.

9. Doug Martin, Buccaneers running back: He won't make the same money as the guys listed above (and below) him here because of the position he plays, but no one has helped their value more this season. Martin has gone from an afterthought to the No. 2 rusher in the NFL.

10. Bruce Irvin, Seattle Seahawks linebacker: He isn't a defense-changing talent, but he's also better than you think. Irvin is a quality versatile starter.

11. Russell Okung, Seahawks tackle: Even if Okung is only an average starter, he's going to get paid in this market. If he makes it there.

12. Eric Weddle, San Diego Chargers safety: Weddle has a skill set that tons of teams are looking for to shore up the back end of their defenses. His age (30) works against him, but few safeties have been better over the last five years.

13. Sam Bradford, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback: This season has not helped Bradford's value, yet there would be no shortage of teams willing to give Bradford a try if the Eagles don't want to re-sign him.

14. Kirk Cousins, Washington Redskins quarterback: Replacement level starting quarterbacks are worth plenty, and that appears to be Cousins' floor. At worst, he's a poor man's Andy Dalton with room to improve over time. He has more value to the Redskins than anyone else.

15. Matt Forte, Bears running back: One of the league's most complete backs has not shown many signs of age yet. Perhaps he should be paired with another quality option, but there's no doubt he could upgrade many backfields.

16. Andre Smith, Cincinnati Bengals right tackle: How will Smith react to getting paid big bucks (again)? While his career has included some ups and downs, Smith has often been a top-shelf starter.

17. Danny Trevathan, Broncos linebacker: Trevathan is a three-down linebacker entering his prime that can hold up in pass coverage. We're big fans of his skill set and he's just the type of above-average starter that gets paid like a superstar in free agency.

18. Janoris Jenkins, St. Louis Rams cornerback: He's steadily improved each season in the league and now is a playmaking starter.

19. Brock Osweiler, Broncos quarterback: It's hard to imagine John Elway letting his promising young starter hit the market, although this will be a tricky contract to pull off.

20. Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker: Yes, he's 33 years old. But watch him play this year! He would be a great short-term pickup for a team that needs instant leadership.

Just missed: Chris Ivory, Kelvin Beachum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Haloti Ngata, Lamar Miller, Prince Amukamara, Anquan Boldin.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

I've stated previously I would like to get Alshon Jeffrey. I just don't see him hitting the open market. Donkeys Defense has a lot of Free Agents.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

I would be shocked if any of the top 5 players listed actually got to free agency. Would love if we could steal Berry away from KC, it would make losing Weddle hurt a lot less and maybe the Flowers connection could be useful. Okung at a decent price would be nice, as far as I know he hasn't had any serious medical issues and while not a top tier LT he is consistent and having someone with a ring and lots of experience and skill at run blocking may motivate the rest of the OL. Jackson coming over from Denver would be nice too, and with the money they have to throw at Miller and Osweiler he probably will hit the market.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Denver won't keep all of them. I'd steal from their Malik Jackson from them

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Haloti Ngata anyone? Yubba? Anyone?
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Ngata doesn't have much left in the tank, but as a rotational player I would welcome him. I think he is going to demand more money than he is worth though. Same as with Okung some leadership to the unit from someone with a ring would be very welcome.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I thought Derek Wolfe was a FA
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I'd love to get Muhammad Wilkerson and/or Malik Jackson to go along with drafting Bosa - dominating front 7!

Comment

Working...
                          X