• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    We had no PSLs in San Diego and it never hurt our ability to pay players. Nothing to that argument based in reality.
    True but they also didn't have a 500 million moving fee. Still, I don't see it as a problem. Aren't they paying very little rent to the Rams?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True but they also didn't have a 500 million moving fee. Still, I don't see it as a problem. Aren't they paying very little rent to the Rams?
      $1 a year.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

See at first i was like hes just hurt. But woth how the bosa family is me first. If he takes this year gets paid. Plays next season healthy and dips in fa, then we look like fools. And idk but i feel like he has someone in his ear, and he just wants to leave. Like thats just what i feel in my heart. Ive never felt like bosa was 100 percent committed to the chargers, ivr always felt like he wanted to be somewhere else playing. Idk if that makes sense, but i feel like his family is very manning esque toward the chargers. I love him hes a great player, i just think when he gets the chance to leave he will. No matter if we offer alil more money
        Last edited by 21&500; 10-28-2018, 09:04 PM.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

LOL, definitely not the president of the Bosa fan club.

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

No i havent had that happen, im just kicking back and thinking back, about what his mom and agent said. The more i think about it the more i feel like he didnt want to be here. I mean he never came out and said his mom was out of place and didnt know what she was talking about. I just dont eant him to leave and now were stuck with our dick in our hands. If i felt like he was all in i woulsnt question him. But the bosa family has proven theyre businesss over team.
            bosa is an outstanding player and id love to be able to keep him he makes our defense better, but idk what happened in the past bothers me, what his brother did bothers me.
            Like i also worry about gordon from his comment about how he liked san diego over L.A.. It makes you think are they happy.
            I dont want this team to be a joke we only have rivers for maybe what 3 or 4 years potentially. He doesnt deserve to be on another shit show of a charger team. Its not fair to him and all hes done for the franchise, weve let down countless hall of famers.
            so if bosa doesnt want to be here then we should do whats best for the team. Idk if it makes sense. But i just dont trust the bosa family when it comes to the team. I trust the bosa family to do whats best for them individually.
            Again i love him as a player and maybe if he came off as more likeable he'd be easier to trust but i just feel like hes gonna snake us.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

No i havent had that happen, im just kicking back and thinking back, about what his mom and agent said. The more i think about it the more i feel like he didnt want to be here. I mean he never came out and said his mom was out of place and didnt know what she was talking about. I just dont eant him to leave and now were stuck with our dick in our hands. If i felt like he was all in i woulsnt question him. But the bosa family has proven theyre businesss over team.
              bosa is an outstanding player and id love to be able to keep him he makes our defense better, but idk what happened in the past bothers me, what his brother did bothers me.
              Like i also worry about gordon from his comment about how he liked san diego over L.A.. It makes you think are they happy.
              I dont want this team to be a joke we only have rivers for maybe what 3 or 4 years potentially. He doesnt deserve to be on another shit show of a charger team. Its not fair to him and all hes done for the franchise, weve let down countless hall of famers.
              so if bosa doesnt want to be here then we should do whats best for the team. Idk if it makes sense. But i just dont trust the bosa family when it comes to the team. I trust the bosa family to do whats best for them individually.
              Again i love him as a player and maybe if he came off as more likeable he'd be easier to trust but i just feel like hes gonna snake us.
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I wanna change his mind, i want him to be a paet of the team because he makes us better. But i want him to understand we cant sell the fsrm just to pay you. Youre gonna need help. Like a competent Dt, some linebackers who actually wrap up. Another safety. Were really close to having a dominant defense. And i feel like weve built around him. If he left we woulsnt just be able to replace me. And our vets and future hall of famers would keave with no rings.
                it just makes you look bad when every hall of famer you've had left your franchise without a ring. And i dont want that for rivers or gates. I still feel bad it happened to lt

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

The owner can only pay its players so much because of the salary cap limit, whether a significant amount of the money goes to Bosa or not. Are you saying that the team won't be able to pay close to the salary cap limit in a few years because of poor PSLs? If that is the case, then the team will need a new owner.
                  Can the Spanii come up with a $100 million signing bonus? They could probably pay $25 mill a year under the cap, but can they come up with the up front money?
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

$1 a year.
                    Why would the Rams rent out their stadium for $1 a year? Kronke is in business to make money not be Mr Nice Guy.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

The owner can only pay its players so much because of the salary cap limit, whether a significant amount of the money goes to Bosa or not. Are you saying that the team won't be able to pay close to the salary cap limit in a few years because of poor PSLs? If that is the case, then the team will need a new owner.
                      Hogwash. Tv revenue is the majority of their revenue.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Can the Spanii come up with a $100 million signing bonus? They could probably pay $25 mill a year under the cap, but can they come up with the up front money?
                        I wonder sometimes about how much they can front... and wasn't the deferred payment thing part of the Bosa hold-out?

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

wow, exhausting reading this thread! Can't respond to each item I take issue with, so just posting some related thoughts here:

My impression from the beginning was the Bosa situation was very much like the Sheli Manning thing with parents speaking for the player, and leaving a strong impression they don't want their son playing for the Chargers. Then Nick Bosa. IMO, It's all about maintaining or increasing THEIR value vs. establishing themselves as dominant players 1st, helping the TEAM win championships- and THEN reaping financial rewards justified on documented superior performances on the field.

People comparing this to Rivers and the secret torn ACL injury and Owens with fractured leg still playing- but there are others: Seau played at least 1 season basically with 1 arm tied behind his back from a damaged shoulder and Harrison hobbled around with leg injuries for parts of 2, if not 3 seasons. Seems to me this is about WANT TO on the player's part and it's a mental and character thing. WANTING and expecting to be on the field at all costs unless it actually hurts the team instead of helping. We don't know all the facts, but if there's not structural damage in Bosa's foot- other players in a similar situation would have had pain injections and played with it until they couldn't.

Would a 75% effective Bosa with carefully limited snaps help take pressure off Ingram? Football history is packed with examples of using injured dominant players as decoys to gain advantage...

What kind of contract would you offer Bosa after missing a good chunk of his rookie season injured, then playing a great 2nd season, then missing more than 1/2 his third season injured, and let's give him the benefit of the doubt- playing a great 4th season. If I'm the GM, 2 great seasons sandwiched between 2 injury plagued seasons doesn't warrant a top dollar FA 2nd contract on my team- especially if his family is still involved and running their mouths to the press. I would Franchise him and listen to trade offers and make this go away ASAP as you don't need the distraction and negative press fallout while you're trying to build a fan base and moving to a new stadium. Play or don't- you're a Charger 1 season at a time.

just :2cents:
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X