• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Nothing says "Chargers" like Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue.
    Nutty you scare me sometimes....

https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/39564/lorenzo-neal

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/purdue-boilermakers-summer-grades-pauline/
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

It is Lorenzo Neal JR.
      He is a solid run stuffing IDL. Plays with leverage, heavy hands, power, and good flexibility.
      Move him to FB.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        I agree with Eagles GM... your 1st round draft choices should always be: passers, pass blockers, pass rushers. Everything else can wait until rounds 2-7.
        I believe that 1st rounders must have impact in the passing game. So I include WRs and CBs too.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I believe that 1st rounders must have impact in the passing game. So I include WRs and CBs too.
          I agree with that. But I think you can find good ones in the mid-rounds, too. And if your OT's are good, that helps your WR's get open. Just like good pass rushers make your CB's look good.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Move him to FB.
              ...where LoNeal Jr. would be used like 3 times a game...

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Yes.. totally charger material

Purdue senior DT Lorenzo Neal (knee) does not appear likely to be available for Saturday's game at Wisconsin.

In discussing both Neal (6'3/315) and WR Rondale Moore during his press conference on Monday, HC Jeff Brohm said that he was "not truly optimistic" that either one would be able to play against the Badgers. Neal, who injured his knee during last year's season finale vs. Indiana and had to undergo offseason knee surgery, has yet to appear in a game this season.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Whats the name of the young man we drafted in the 1st round this year? is he in IR? did he at least played in the preseason?

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                    Whats the name of the young man we drafted in the 1st round this year? is he in IR? did he at least played in the preseason?
                    Jerry Tillery. He only plays like he's on IR... but he's not.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

somebody mentioned in another thread that we haven't won the AFC West post LT.... is that true ?? if so, even more on the D'Andre Swift bandwagon.... (choo choo).

if we add Swift, think our RB corps goes from fireworks to pyrotechnic.... worked for Dak in Dallas and Jared here in LA w/Todd.

@WR don't understand not retaining/returning Dontrelle.... (no brainer, no ?), and we've got to get a slot receiver to round things out (Aaron Fuller still my guy @present), and.... not completely counting out Dylan Cantrell, as would hope he gets a shot @competing for the fifth wideout slot.

in the draft, Biadasz is still speaking loudly to me if he drops to round two, as have recently had the thought that Feeney is (possibly) an odd man out ??

still need to get a vet tackle, and still thinkin' Whitworth might be that (coupon value) guy, unless and until someone offers up someone better.... (do like Conklin's intangibles, but wondering about his health/drop off in talent ?)

another very big add has to be @NT.... Danny Shelton pls, and if we can add a D. Brown and/or Leki Fotu in the draft, all the better.... (ps. again, pls retain S!y)

and very wary of putting our MIKEggs in the Tranquill basket, as this is the classic Chargers FO oversight.... dude is an injury concern.... great that he is blowing up/showing out this season, and.... pls hedge your bet here team Tommy John.... do not want to move on from Denzel, and do want to hedge that bet as well w/Jon Bostic in FA.

also half laugh @the Facyson doubters.... yes he's on a learning curve, and.... how many points does our D give up w/him in the lineup.... dude is holding his own given his neophyte status, and yes.... we would be well served to find some depth in the draft @CB.... (like Eric Stokes/Nevelle Clark atm).

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

I think Facyson has potential to learn and get even better.
                        Last edited by ChargingBolts; 12-13-2019, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Let’s say we resign Phil for 1-2 years.
                          Trade SupaMel for say a 2nd & 4th (2020) and a 1st (2021).
                          2020 has 9 picks to address team deficiencies.
                          2021 has draft capital for a QB acquisition of TL.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X