• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Where did Forrest come to mind?
    Lamp is in that video doing the footwork drills...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Music baby......music.......... The playoffs are SO possible with a low mistake high percentage Tyrod and our D. Yes it's August and I said it. Bring on the season.......
      Like those positive waves, baby...

oddball.jpg

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lamp is in that video doing the footwork drills...
        DT - TJ Smith is also #77 for TC. So no that is not Lamp.

D is in blue. O is in white.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I’m always a kool-aid drinker but I like this team more than usual. Turnovers are game deciders so limited giveaways and increases takeaways/3rd down stops is a winning formula. Let’s be the most physical team every game. Enforce our will on opponents and win that turnover battle. A physical run heavy O with play action big/chunk plays and diverse screen game are the ticket. Our QBs can make plays with their feet and won’t look like a wounded baby deer trying to run. Being able to change the QBs pocket position and getting the hard run fake/boot actions will produce chunk plays as well.

The D looks to have serious depth with quality dudes and some real STAR difference makers at all 3 levels.
          You're making me jump up and down hollering CHARGE!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

DT - TJ Smith is also #77 for TC. So no that is not Lamp.

D is in blue. O is in white.
            Oops...forgot that they double up on the numbers sometimes...

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Today's practice report. Glad to see more sports science stuff used with our team. It would be nice to have a full sports science and analytics department though. Also man, I hope MW is okay. He would be a more dominating player if he could stay consistently healthy.

https://theathletic.com/2017822/2020...-leaves-early/

Chargers training camp practice report, Day 7: WR Mike Williams leaves early

Daniel Popper
                8-10 minutes

COSTA MESA, Calif. — The Chargers returned to the practice field Sunday at Jack R. Hammett Sports Complex after a day off Saturday.
                This is your Day 7 practice report.

Mike Williams goes down
                The biggest development from Sunday was the shoulder injury receiver Mike Williams suffered in the second half of practice. Tyrod Taylor attempted to hit Williams on a deep route near the right sideline. Williams was open, but Taylor overthrew him by just a tad. Williams dove, fully extended, and attempted to make an acrobatic one-handed catch. But it was just out of reach.
                Williams landed hard, as he often does when laying out for catches. He walked off after the play and did not return.

Williams was scheduled to undergo tests later Sunday to determine the severity of the injury. He didn’t sustain damage to his collarbone, but I’m told reports of optimism are premature.

The Chargers were expecting huge contributions from Williams this season. He injured his knee in Week 1 last season and spent the entire year dealing with what he told me was “the worst pain ever.” If he landed on the knee on a dive or something of the sort, he would feel that excruciating pain for 20 seconds. And more than once we saw Williams limping to the sideline during a game and staying there for a play to let the pain subside. Despite that, he topped 1,000 yards for the first time in his career. That took toughness, and the organization, from the top down, both recognized and commended how the knee injury only kept Williams out of one game.

Williams returned to camp fully healthy. And there is no knowing what he might be able to accomplish with a full healthy season. Williams is regarded as one of the Chargers’ hardest workers, and also possesses one of the most unique physical skill sets of any receiver in football. But now it appears as though he will be dealing with yet another injury. This is absolutely something to monitor.

Players earn a break
                The Chargers, like other NFL teams, use Catapult GPS devices to track their players’ movements on the field, and coach Anthony Lynn relies on that data, especially during this abbreviated training camp, to inform his decisions on what to include in practice and how hard to push his team.

“Last week, I thought they did a hell of a job of pushing through a lot of volume,” Lynn said before Sunday’s practice. “We didn’t have a lot of injuries, but the guys worked hard. The Catapult numbers showed me at the end of the week. Those guys worked extremely hard. So at some point I’m going to start holding them back and rewarding them for that. But I got to get them in football shape and go from there.”

The thought was clearly still on Lynn’s mind when he started practice, because at 10:50 a.m., 50 minutes in, the head coach told his players to take their pads off. He was pleased with the work his group had gotten done in the first two periods of 11-on-11. His announcement was met with smiles all across the field. Coincidentally, Williams’ injury came after the players took off the pads. That adds to the frustration. Players are normally less physical without pads on. Williams injury, though, wasn’t really the result of any contact.

News and notes
                • Center Mike Pouncey, who suffered a season-ending neck injury last season that put his career in jeopardy, did not participate Sunday and was not on the field. On rest days, Pouncey typically is still on the field for practice, watching and helping the coaching staff. His leadership and presence are still very valuable on the practice field, even when he is not participating. So it is noteworthy that he was not present.
                • Cornerback Chris Harris sat out for the third straight practice. Lynn had originally said the ailment was related to cramping and dehydration. But now it sounds like it is a little more serious than that. “He had a little bit more of a grab in the back his leg than he thought,” Lynn said before practice. “I just don’t want him out there too soon.”
                • With Harris out, Desmond King and Nasir Adderley again rotated at nickel corner. Adderley also played free safety with the second-team defense and nearly came down with a pick in 7-on-7. He also combined with cornerback Tevaughn Campbell to break up a Justin Herbert deep ball intended for wide receiver Tyron Johnson in 11-on-11. King had a pass breakup of his own in one of Lynn’s gotta-have-it 11-on-11 periods, in which each snap is a do-or-die situation.
                • Defensive lineman Damion Square was back on the field Sunday after sitting out the previous two practices. He eased himself back in and only participated in individual drills.
                • Rookie linebacker Kenneth Murray participated in team drills for the first time in almost a week. He worked as the middle linebacker, or MIKE, with the second-team defense. Murray flashed his sideline-to-sideline speed on a Herbert scramble, beating his fellow rookie to the edge to prevent a big gain.
                • I think Taylor’s leadership gets overlooked a bit when discussing his attributes as a starting quarterback. Here’s an example: Taylor was still on the field 20 minutes after practice ended Sunday. He wasn’t throwing. He wasn’t even working on anything quarterback-related. He was holding field goals for Ty Long, the Chargers’ punter who also is the backup kicker. My guess is it would be very hard to find another starting quarterback in the NFL willing to do this. Taylor leads by action.
                • The Chargers went through live 11-on-11 drills at the end of practice. Taylor led his group on a long drive that he capped with a touchdown pass to Keenan Allen. The play of the drive was a deep throw to Virgil Green, who has made some big plays in the passing game so far in camp. I initially thought Uchenna Nwosu had gotten home for a sack, but after seeing the play on the Chargers’ Twitter account, it looked like Taylor would have gotten the throw off, though he would have taken a big shot.
                • Herbert had a mostly solid day. There was one really encouraging rep just before Lynn had the players remove their pads. Herbert dropped back and pressure came right up the middle. He calmly avoided the oncoming rusher by moving laterally, then stepped up in the pocket and delivered a first-down throw to tight end Stephen Anderson. Anderson had a defender to his outside shoulder, so Herbert threw it low and to Anderson’s inside shoulder. It was perfect ball placement. And the movement in the pocket looked smooth and polished. His accuracy wasn’t as sharp during the 7-on-7 period.
                • Undrafted rookie running back Darius Bradwell had another strong practice Sunday. He runs hard, and even though the Chargers aren’t tackling, it’s apparent that he’s a tough man to bring down.
                • Defensive linemen Linval Joseph and Justin Jones are starting to mesh on the interior. They combined for a run stuff of Austin Ekeler against the first-team offensive line in 11-on-11.
                • During 11-on-11 punt drills, K.J. Hill, Jalen Guyton and Tyron Johnson rotated as punt returners. It doesn’t appear as though King is in contention for that spot this season. Murray, safety Alohi Gilman, linebackers Kyzir White and Nick Vigil and fullback Gabe Nabers were part of the first-team punt coverage unit, as were Adderley and wide receiver Darius Jennings.
                • Lynn’s personal interest in tight end Donald Parham continued Sunday. The Chargers went through 1-on-1 blocking drills again, with the tight ends and backs taking on the linebackers and safeties. Parham faced off against Murray on the final rep of the drill, and Lynn was standing right over both guys, hyping them both up. Parham won. Lynn said earlier this week that Parham has exceeded expectations as a blocker.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

I say god-damn.... Herbert throws a pretty ball. Tight spirals.

https://<iframe width="560" height="...reen></iframe>

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Lynn’s personal interest in tight end Donald Parham continued Sunday. The Chargers went through 1-on-1 blocking drills again, with the tight ends and backs taking on the linebackers and safeties. Parham faced off against Murray on the final rep of the drill, and Lynn was standing right over both guys, hyping them both up. Parham won. Lynn said earlier this week that Parham has exceeded expectations as a blocker.
                      At 6-8 and 240, if Parham turns into a decent blocker, I pity the poor LB trying to make a tackle...

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Parham likely just made the team with blocking and potential in the goldzone
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
                          I say god-damn.... Herbert throws a pretty ball. Tight spirals.

https://<iframe width="560" height="...reen></iframe>
                          It's just a matter of time before Herbert takes over. If the kid can handle the mistakes he's going to be a monster. To me he looks like cool hand luke out there comfortably throwing the ball like its a nerf ball in your back yard. He's got a rocket launcher for an arm and it looks like his mechanics are already better than tyrods :cheers:.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X