• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

moving Supa Mel would be a bold move.... unlike most any of this current brass to date, and.... will raise you,

trade Tyrod to Baltimore for a fifth, and.... sign Mariota, as like his long-term gambit a bit better than Taylor's.... come 2021 and beyond, and....

send Feeney to SF for a token sixth rounder, and.... sign Quinton Spain in his stead, and....

if we can get three picks back for Mr. Ingram, would say I'm am inclined as such.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

lookin' over things w/the salary cap for next year/2020.... some fairly obvious moves need to be made:

really question whether Supa Mel is worth the $14m + signing bonus he is due next year, and as we might be better off by moving him (to Carolina) ??

and $5m to Tyrod + his $2.5m signing bonus.... don't think that was a prescient signing for this season, and would prefer not to repeat it going forward into next season.... can we trade him (to the Ravens) as well ??

also thought Okung was a fairly overt risk heading into this season, and there is nothing lessening 'bout his risk factor going forward.... hoping he, Mebane and Thomas Davis all retire, and come off the books, as don't see the wisdom/value in retaining any of them ??

MG13 is a def no thank you and best of luck to you.

Scho is likely left unsigned for next season as his contract expires at the close of this season, and not that we're on the hook for much w/Feeney.... just think it might be best to engineer a trade (to SF) for a pick if possible w/him ??

hard not to like Square, albeit really want to go big @NT this next offseason, and would (much) prefer if we moved on from who we have now to make room for some more impactful NTs going forward.

Dzoobie Doo seems to stick around, but he could well end up not resigned for next season, as his obligation expires as well at season's end.

some of the tougher passes might be guys like Jatavis, AP and/or Jaylen Watkins, who all have their deals come to a close @season's end.

if we could get a second in part of the exchange for Ingram, there could well be a taller but lighter replacement available, who happens to be from.... Notre Dame.

and if it's true that we could be looking @bringing in the either of Mariotta or Cam, would hope that we would jump in while the cost might be the proverbial pennies on the dollar, rather than after Marcus rights his ship or something of the sort.

and if we can add day three draft picks for Feeney and/or Tyrod, personally would take a flyer on a late round QB (Riley Neal), and take a second cornerback (either of Nevelle Clark/Eric Stokes) left on the board.

would really like to see us come away w/nine or ten picks heading into this draft, and move on from these veteran loyalty deals/contracts that just plain and simple, make our roster and cap top heavy.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

1) NT Derrick Brown
        2) RB D'Andre Swift
        2) S Hamsah Nasirildeen (via Ingram trade)
        3) NT Leki Fotu
        4) SR Aaron Fuller
        4) DE Julian Okwara (via Ingram trade)
        5) TE Albert Okwuegbunam
        5) CB Eric Stokes (via Tyrod trade)
        6) QB Riley Neal
        6) OG Trey Smith (via Dan Feeney trade)
        7) CB Nevelle Clark

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

and way over the top, and completely makeshift atm.... here is a sampling of what our 2020 roster (build) could look like:

QB * Phil, Mariota, Stick, Riley Neal
          RB * D'Andre Swift, Ekeler, JJ, Watt
          WR * Keenan, MW, Aaron Fuller, Dontrelle, Dylan Cantrell
          TE * HH, Virgil, Albert Okwuegbunam, Culkin
          OT * Andrew Whitworth, Jack Conklin, Pip
          OG * Lamp, Quinton Spain, Tevi, Trey Smith
          OC * Pouncey, Qberry

NT * Danny Shelton, Sylvester Williams, Derrick Brown, Leki Fotu
          DT * JJ, Jerry, Cortez
          DE * Joey, Rochelle
          LEO * Uchenna, Julian Okwara
          SAM * Emeke Egbule
          MIKE * Denzel, Jon Bostic
          WIL * Drue, Kyzir
          SS * Derwin, Hamsah Nasirildeen
          FS * Rayshawn, Nasir
          NB * Desmond
          CB * Hayward, Mike D., Facyson, Eric Stokes, Nevelle Clark

K Badgley
          P Ty Long
          LS Mazza

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

IMO, if you can secure 3 very important positions (QB, OT, and DE)... keep them if you can.

Currently, we have 2 very good pass rushers in Bosa (88..7) and Ingram (77.3). The fact that they are both on the field at the same time probably makes both more effective... I'm keeping both. Outside of Chase Young, I don't see any DE's in the draft that will come close to players Bosa/Ingram are. And DE's can have long careers.

I know Rivers has his limitations, but when we protect him adequately, he's still very effective. Redzone efficiency is where I'd like to see Rivers (and Chargers as a whole) do better. However, I see playcalling in the redzone as the real culprit. Have to be willing to run more effectively down there.

Which brings me to the OT position. Okung really is the ideal OT. Can pass block well enough to give Rivers additional time and is a pretty good run blocker. Well-rounded OT that makes the offense so much better when he's in the game... when he's in the game! But his health is questionable. And he's missed too many games this season. If anyone is not earning their salary this year... it's Okung. Time to draft his replacement and save your cap space here. Tevi is a good run blocker but a total liability in pass protection. Replace RT through FA (using Okung's savings) or draft his replacement with a high pick, keep Okung, and cross your fingers they stay healthy.

If I were GM, I'd be alternating between pass rushers and pass blockers with my 1st round picks every year... just to make sure those positions (along with depth) are covered.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

gonna give things another go here as we inch into the offseason....

John Spanos * really needs to make a move here, and the one I'd like to see is to bring in John Dorsey to be at the very least a consultant, or more respectfully his VP of Football Ops
              Tom Telesco * ditto for coupon Tom, as would like to believe he is ready to turn the corner, but don't see/feel it after his last presser.... hire Louis Riddick as your Asst GM
              AL * he obviously has opted for a Tyrod/Easton style future here, and can't believe he is overly enamored w/waiting for PR to parade outta town.... am an RR fan and like David Shaw aplenty
              Stitch * unnecessary move by the HC that proved just about nothing, and.... Telesco threw his weight behind Shane, albeit doubtful he is the biz as an OC
              Gus * not the problem, and simple to remedy his situation.... Danny Shelton, Derrick Brown and Leki Fotu, and.... retain Sly.... (problem, if any.... solved)

QB * peoples here parroting for Burrows are not helping the situation, as just not a reality atm.... could Hurts beat out Tyrod for the No. 2 QB spot (doubtful)…. is he even worth drafting.... would you be fools for not retaining PR, who can still darn well play in the NFL and get the Chargers into the playoffs/SB.... Phil is not the problem
              RB * JJ is not a starter, let alone a lead back.... he is an "exciting" RB prospect atm.... MG should not be resigned.... RB is a priority.... you will be very happy w/Swift if ever the case.... he is worth the sixth overall and a complete gold mine if he lasts 'til 37
              WR * Sam Farmer referred to MW as a "glorified TE," and is little help to Keenan in his quest to be without a double team most of his downfield life.... CeeDee is better than Jeudy…. we don't need speed (see Tevin Reese), we need receivers who can (consistently) get open.... (why we opted not to roster Dontrelle when he came back from injury is beyond me.... tanking/didn't want to help out Phil ?)
              TE * when HH got drafted I was busy spouting that he was an avg TE.... Virgil is awesome (throw him the darn ball pls), Culkin is fine/ok.... we need a receiving TE (threat)…. ps. AL has invented a new position designation: blocking WR
              OT * Whitworth sux, he's done, and.... missed the player that was the better get ?? did you name him ?? agree w/Steve that 'tis dangerous to tie yourself to long-term FA contracts, hence my attraction to Andrew who will surely sign for the matching duration to any PR contract.... do we need to hedge our bets w/Pip @RT ?? is Conklin a little (too) pricey ?? should Sam move inside ?? and really thought we were gonna be alright w/Trent.... guessin' he might find himself on another roster next season ?? do like Ben Ijalana as a possible swing tackle (we have to hedge our bets if Pipkins wins the RT job)
              OG * hope and faith are like Lamp 'n Feeney.... we have faith that Forrest will somehow emerge from the trees, and we had hoped that Dan was an NFL talent.... decisions to be made here, and speaking for myself this is an example of where team Tommy John have to put down the koolaid and bring in solid hedges at both guard spots.... Quinton Spain in FA and Trey Smith in the draft, or.... ??
              OC * Tom is still holding out hope for Mike, as he has little choice after having been ensnared in an extension for Pouncey before even having a good handle on his long-term health.... Qberry exceeded (my) expectations and Groy seems like a perfectly capable NFL backup.... team Tommy John again has left themselves in the balance here as Pouncey is under contract, unless he retires, and then you still need to decide if Q is enough for 16+ games, or if you woulda, coulda, shoulda been better off w/the drafting of someone like Erick McCoy ?? ….is Phil ok w/Q ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

NT * biggest offseason oversight in my (unsolicited) estimation is the failure to sign Danny Shelton in FA, and to overdraft Tillery.... team Tommy John can hold to their guns and insist that we are better off w/a penetrating 305 IDL, and.... we can continue to lament over our 3rd down D who is regularly let down by our base first and second down D.... get a darn NT.... Shelton is eligible for FA again, and like Lotulelei before him, Derrick Brown has been championed as a top five pick, and.... could well fall out of the top five (to us hopefully), and.... 'tis a shame that Sylvester Williams didn't get more run @the one tech, and Leki Fotu in the draft wouldn't be a bad get either
                DT * luckily D. Brown can play here just as well as most anywhere else on the line, so if you bring in Shelton as your one, backed up by Fotu and/or Sly, you are (very) good here, despite being three deep w/JJ (he can play some one as well), Jerry and Cortez
                LEO * the lone AJ holdover remains, and is one of those guys that tease us w/his greatness.... Uchenna has made some noise here, and.... would it be warranted to be looking toward the future here come the draft ?? ….Julian Okwara is from Notre Dame (and a team captain ? btw), and would perhaps require trading someone (SupaMel) for additional picks ??
                SAM * Egbule could be sufficient here as we are regularly in nickel/4-2-5 and Nwosu can play here a bit as well, and.... do you have any love for Evan Weaver and/or Paddy Fisher in the draft ??
                MIKE * scary that peoples are sold on Tranquill as our MLB.... injury concern that does not stop traffic.... love me some Denzel, albeit and admittedly so, has been a substantial injury concern.... hedge bet pls in FA by the name of Jon Bostic, who happened to be available last offseason as well
                WIL * oh Jatavis Brown how do you do ?? our drafting conglomerate was ever so high on him on draft day.... what happened ?? do you keep him around or do you roll w/Tranquill and Kyzir here ?? and get it that Simmons might be tempting, albeit gotta believe we would be (much) better off win/loss wise by drafting a tackle (nose or left ?)
                $$ * Derwin came back and we had a convincing win, just like when Stitch premiered.... is Rayshawn the answer @FS or is he a backup here.... do like Hamsah Nasirildeen in the draft
                FS * really don't get how Jaylen Watkins was forced into SS duties when we had last year's SS Rayshawn ready and available.... apparently not willing, or not fitting in w/AL's overall plotting of the roster
                CB * someone scryed awhile ago that they were told/gleaned that the Chargers were leaning OT/CB in this year's draft, and reports were that they liked Cameron Dantzler awhile ago as well.... Casey is pretty darn good.... what's the deal w/Mike D. ?? personally am a Facyson supporter, and think he has the talent, albeit he is an injury concern.... depth or starters ?? ….via FA or from the draft ?? gott believe we're gonna get someone to spell Trevor, and.... what's w/Desmond ??

ST * have been a fan of Badgley since day one, and like Long.... long snapper.... check, and.... plenty of speculation 'round Stewart.... will that be Lynn's necessary comeuppance ??

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

I want Rivers, Henry and Watt back that are Free Agents.

I want Austin Ekeler back who is a Restricted Free Agent.

I want Dylan Cantrell back who is a Exclusive Rights player.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                    I want Rivers, Henry and Watt back that are Free Agents.

I want Austin Ekeler back who is a Restricted Free Agent.

I want Dylan Cantrell back who is a Exclusive Rights player.
                    no Culkin or MIke D. ?? and no Sylvester either ??

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

no Culkin or MIke D. ?? and no Sylvester either ??
                      Thor & MDavis are givens (as are all RFA or ERFA).

Sylvester should be signed to a 1 year non-guaranteed contract for camp depth but will likely not make the 53.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Latest “I’m the GM” offseason and draft plan....

Our QB situation is a complete unknown so I am calculating going QB in 2021 ( Trevor come on down. Penei would be another prospect I’d punch a baby for)! Also the health of both Pouncey and Okung being an unknown and are “hopes” at best. Pouncey was inconsistent before a serious neck injury but if he is cleared, he will be retained. I’m cutting Okung for the cap savings because of health & future availability concerns. I’m also going to assume we get a 4th round comp pick in 2020.

Retain with new contracts Hunter Henry, Adrian Phillips, Derek Watt, Sean Culkin, and all RFA/ERFA. Extend Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, and Ekeler.
                        Looks like we are keeping the same coordinators.

Cuts will net a $22.5 million in cap space savings.
                        Okung, TDavis, Mebane

Free Agent market.
                        Sign OC/OG Graham Glasgow. 4-5 years @ $9-$12 million annually.
                        Sign OT Jack Conklin. 4-6 years @ $13-$16 million annually.
                        Sign NT Michael Pierce. 4 years @ $5-$8 million annually.
                        Sign CB James Bradberry. 4 years @ $7-$10 million annually.

2020 DRAFT........

1) ISAIAH SIMMONS (LB) CLEM 6’ 4” 230# (hope he declares)
                        - incredible instincts, ballhawk, absolute uber athlete, length, range, incredible speed, understands route tree concepts, insane tackler in open field or close quarters, explosive blitzer, creates turnovers, Alpha Leader, cover TEs/WRs/RBs, needs to improve block deconstruction and disengagement skills. This kid, like Derwin just bigger, can play everything except DT. He will never come off the field. Will change games defensively. Complete Impact Prospect! Word on the street Isaiah and TEtienne had a race after spring practice in 2019 and guess who won?

2) MEKHI BECTON (OT) UL 6’ 7” 345#
                        - Massive human with incredibly nimble feet. Mekhi has a quality kick step that covers ground, HUGE wingspan & length, insane POWER in both lower & upper body, hand strikes produce major impact/can completely change a defender’s path/balance, vice like power in his grip strength, FINISHER, down & drive blocking uproot defenders, good mover to the 2nd level/hook blocks/reach blocks, adequate pulling ability. Improvement areas include stunt reco/passoff, field orientation in space on some screens, inside spin counters. Mekhi has improved each year at UL with major improvements in technique, weight, flexibility, balance, and footwork. His ceiling is elite with continued technique improvement.

3) JEFF GLADNEY (CB) TCU 6’ 183#
                        - electric speed and acceleration, explosive closing burst, good length, tremendous flexibility, elite ballskills, advanced route recognition IQ, a true gambler on INT opportunities, explosive leaping ability, willing quality tackler, looks bigger than listed weight on 2019 tape. Jeff has sloppy footwork in press yet still excellent COD, grabby at TOR, mistimed jumps allow taller receivers to highpoint. Elite speed at CB to match up in man concepts. Like to see him play about 190#. Has a legit chance to run sub 4.3 at the combine.

4A) KE’SHAWN VAUGHN (RB) VANDY 5’ 10” 218#
                        - excellent vision, burst, elite contact balance, tackle breaking machine, 1 defender rarely brings him down, tough, mentally driven to succeed, strong leg drive, ball security, speed to get corner & EZ, good hands and route execution, impressive agility with jump cuts & 90 degree cuts, needs to be more patient (comes from lousy inconsistent blocking), quality passpro skillset and willingness. Needs to improve identifying blitz scheme quicker, develop patience/hesitation step, and pass game understanding. Love this kid.

4B) JOHN HIGHTOWER (WR) BSU 6’ 2” 175#
                        - JC transfer who was a major contributor in his two years at BSU. John possess instant acceleration and great top end speed, strong hands at catch point, scary speed that breaks pursuit angles, slight frame but rules the field between the hashes, tough, smart, slippery, impressive RAC ability, runs reverses very effectively, COD is elite. Improvement needed in route stems/tree, press release, and strength.

5) JOSIAH COATNEY (DT) OLE MISS 6’ 4” 325#
                        - stout, agile, powerful, aggressive big man with some interior rush capabilities who played anywhere from 0-5 tech. Plays with outstanding leverage and possess quality length to disengage and make stops. Non stop motor, relentless, strong handstrikes, insane grip strength, plays with a nasty mentality, average burst/get-off but can reset LOS with power & leverage, effective stalematting double teams. Can let eyes betray block scheme diagnoses, doesn’t feel screens early, needs to improve working 1/2 man in 1on1s.

6) JACOB BREELAND (TE) UOR 6’ 5” 250#
                        - ideal size, excellent route stems/tree, lines up outside/slot/inline, decent blocker, outstanding strong hands, natural hands catcher, stature/strength allow for posting up defenders, great leap timing for highpointing, speed to create opportunities on vertical seem routes. Improvements needed in blocking technique, strength/power, feeling zone coverage soft spots. Injury cut season short.

7) JOE REED (WR) UVA 6’ 1” 215#
                        - big time speed and acceleration, can eliminate angles, excellent strength/power/COD, produced huge plays in return game throughout career, improved as a receiver over the last 3 seasons. Shows strong hands, concentration through catch point, gets vertical after catch, good blocker, elite body control/field vision/acceleration. Provides RAC all day, flexibility in run game, ST big play ability, and vertical threat. Development needing in route tree/stems and timing.

2020 ROSTER VISION.....

QB = ?, Taylor, Stick
                        RB = Vaughn, Ekeler, Jackson, Watt
                        TE = Henry, Breeland, Culkin, (Green), (Volert)
                        WR = Slayer, MWill, Hightower, Reed, (Moore), (Cantrell), (UDFAs)
                        IOL = Glasgow, Lamp, Feeney, QBerry, Pouncey, (TScott)
                        OT = Conklin, Becton, Pipkins, Tevi *

Projected Starting Offensive

ALLEN - - - - BECTON-LAMP-POUNCEY-GLASGOW-CONKLIN - - HENRY - - - HIGHTOWER - - - MIKEDUB

XXXXXXXXXXXXX - - - - - - - - - - QB? - - - - - - - - - - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXX - - - - - - - - - - VAUGHN - - - - - - - - - - - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DE/LEO = Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, Nwosu, (UDFAs)
                        DT/NT = Pierce, Jones, Tillery, Coatney, (Broughton)
                        LB = Simmons, White, Tranquil, Perryman, Egbule, (Dzubner), (UDFAs)
                        CB = Hayward, MDavis, DKing, Gladney, Bradberry, (Facyson)
                        DS = James, Jenkins, Adderly, Phillips, (Teamer)

Projected Starting Defense

XXXXXXXXXXXX - - - - - - BOSA - TILLERY - PIERCE - SUPAMEL - - - - - - - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

- - HAYWARD - - - - JAMES - - - - WHITE - - - - TRANQUIL - - - - SIMMONS - - - - BRADBERRY - -

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - - - - - JENKINS - - - - - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PK = Badgley
                        P = Long
                        LS = Mazza

* 4th OT should be converted to (OG/OT) and given a chance to earn starting OG spot. Tevi or TScott could make quality OGs. Lots of position versatility depth.

COORDINATORS

Offensively SS must be creative, opportunistic, deceptive, have an unwavering COMMITMENT to the running game, use multiple screen designs, use PA and change of pocket location, improve GOLD ZONE TD/Scoring efficiency, and have the QB under center at least 40%-50%+ of snaps.

Defensively GusD must be more aggressive, sound fundamentally, use multi blitz/coverage concepts, isolate our elite pass rushers, produce TURNOVERS and 3rd down STOPS. With the personnel assembled above this should not be an issue.
                        Last edited by like54ninjas; 01-12-2020, 05:05 AM. Reason: Updated video and added projected starters
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                          Latest “I’m the GM” offseason and draft plan....

Our QB situation is a complete unknown so I am calculating going QB in 2021 ( Trevor come on down. Penei would be another prospect I’d punch a baby for)! Also the health of both Pouncey and Okung being an unknown and are “hopes” at best. Pouncey was inconsistent before a serious neck injury but if he is cleared, he will be retained. I’m cutting Okung for the cap savings because of health & future availability concerns. I’m also going to assume we get a 4th round comp pick in 2020.

Retain with new contracts Hunter Henry, Adrian Phillips, Derek Watt, Sean Culkin, and all RFA/ERFA. Extend Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, and Ekeler.
                          Looks like we are keeping the same coordinators.

Cuts will net a $22.5 million in cap space savings.
                          Okung, TDavis, Mebane

Free Agent market.
                          Sign OC/OG Graham Glasgow. 4-5 years @ $9-$12 million annually.
                          Sign OT Jack Conklin. 4-6 years @ $13-$16 million annually.
                          Sign NT Michael Pierce. 4 years @ $5-$8 million annually.
                          Sign CB James Bradberry. 4 years @ $7-$10 million annually.

2020 DRAFT........

1) ISAIAH SIMMONS (LB) CLEM 6’ 4” 230# (hope he declares)
                          - incredible instincts, ballhawk, absolute uber athlete, length, range, incredible speed, understands route tree concepts, insane tackler in open field or close quarters, explosive blitzer, creates turnovers, Alpha Leader, cover TEs/WRs/RBs, needs to improve block deconstruction and disengagement skills. This kid, like Derwin just bigger, can play everything except DT. He will never come off the field. Will change games defensively. Complete Impact Prospect! Word on the street Isaiah and TEtienne had a race after spring practice in 2019 and guess who won?

2) MEKHI BECTON (OT) UL 6’ 7” 345#
                          - Massive human with incredibly nimble feet. Mekhi has a quality kick step that covers ground, HUGE wingspan & length, insane POWER in both lower & upper body, hand strikes produce major impact/can completely change a defender’s path/balance, vice like power in his grip strength, FINISHER, down & drive blocking uproot defenders, good mover to the 2nd level/hook blocks/reach blocks, adequate pulling ability. Improvement areas include stunt reco/passoff, field orientation in space on some screens, inside spin counters. Mekhi has improved each year at UL with major improvements in technique, weight, flexibility, balance, and footwork. His ceiling is elite with continued technique improvement.

3) JEFF GLADNEY (CB) TCU 6’ 183#
                          - electric speed and acceleration, explosive closing burst, good length, tremendous flexibility, elite ballskills, advanced route recognition IQ, a true gambler on INT opportunities, explosive leaping ability, willing quality tackler, looks bigger than listed weight on 2019 tape. Jeff has sloppy footwork in press yet still excellent COD, grabby at TOR, mistimed jumps allow taller receivers to highpoint. Elite speed at CB to match up in man concepts. Like to see him play about 190#. Has a legit chance to run sub 4.3 at the combine.

4A) KE’SHAWN VAUGHN (RB) VANDY 5’ 10” 218#
                          - excellent vision, burst, elite contact balance, tackle breaking machine, 1 defender rarely brings him down, tough, mentally driven to succeed, strong leg drive, ball security, speed to get corner & EZ, good hands and route execution, impressive agility with jump cuts & 90 degree cuts, needs to be more patient (comes from lousy inconsistent blocking), quality passpro skillset and willingness. Needs to improve identifying blitz scheme quicker, develop patience/hesitation step, and pass game understanding. Love this kid.

4B) JOHN HIGHTOWER (WR) BSU 6’ 2” 175#
                          - JC transfer who was a major contributor in his two years at BSU. John possess instant acceleration and great top end speed, strong hands at catch point, scary speed that breaks pursuit angles, slight frame but rules the field between the hashes, tough, smart, slippery, impressive RAC ability, runs reverses very effectively, COD is elite. Improvement needed in route stems/tree, press release, and strength.

5) JOSIAH COATNEY (DT) OLE MISS 6’ 4” 325#
                          - stout, agile, powerful, aggressive big man with some interior rush capabilities who played anywhere from 0-5 tech. Plays with outstanding leverage and possess quality length to disengage and make stops. Non stop motor, relentless, strong handstrikes, insane grip strength, plays with a nasty mentality, average burst/get-off but can reset LOS with power & leverage, effective stalematting double teams. Can let eyes betray block scheme diagnoses, doesn’t feel screens early, needs to improve working 1/2 man in 1on1s.

6) JACOB BREELAND (TE) UOR 6’ 5” 250#
                          - ideal size, excellent route stems/tree, lines up outside/slot/inline, decent blocker, outstanding strong hands, natural hands catcher, stature/strength allow for posting up defenders, great leap timing for highpointing, speed to create opportunities on vertical seem routes. Improvements needed in blocking technique, strength/power, feeling zone coverage soft spots. Injury cut season short.

7) JOE REED (WR) UVA 6’ 1” 215#
                          - big time speed and acceleration, can eliminate angles, excellent strength/power/COD, produced huge plays in return game throughout career, improved as a receiver over the last 3 seasons. Shows strong hands, concentration through catch point, gets vertical after catch, good blocker, elite body control/field vision/acceleration. Provides RAC all day, flexibility in run game, ST big play ability, and vertical threat. Development needing in route tree/stems and timing.

2020 ROSTER VISION.....

QB = ?, Taylor, Stick
                          RB = Vaughn, Ekeler, Jackson, Watt
                          TE = Henry, Breeland, Culkin, (Green), (Volert)
                          WR = Slayer, MWill, Hightower, Reed, (Scott), (Moore), (Cantrell), (UDFAs)
                          IOL = Glasgow, Lamp, Feeney, QBerry, (Pouncey), (TScott)
                          OT = Conklin, Becton, Pipkins, Tevi *

Projected starters on the Offensive Line
                          BECTON-LAMP-POUNCEY-GLASGOW-CONKLIN

DE/LEO = Bosa, SupaMel, Rochell, Nwosu, (UDFAs)
                          DT/NT = Pierce, Jones, Tillery, Coatney, (Broughton)
                          LB = Simmons, White, Tranquil, Perryman, Egbule, Dzubner, (UDFAs)
                          CB = Hayward, MDavis, DKing, Gladney, Bradberry, (Facyson)
                          DS = James, Jenkins, Adderly, Phillips, (Teamer)

PK = Badgley
                          P = Long
                          LS = Mazza

* 4th OT should be converted to (OG/OT) and given a chance to earn starting OG spot. Tevi or TScott could make quality OGs. Lots of position versatility depth.

COORDINATORS

Offensively SS must be creative, opportunistic, deceptive, have an unwavering COMMITMENT to the running game, use multiple screen designs, use PA and change of pocket location, improve GOLD ZONE TD/Scoring efficiency, and have the QB under center at least 40%-50%+ of snaps.

Defensively GusD must be more aggressive, sound fundamentally, use multi blitz/coverage concepts, isolate our elite pass rushers, produce TURNOVERS and 3rd down STOPS. With the personnel assembled above this should not be an issue.
                          This Becton kid is interesting...let's see how he does at the combine...like your choices, but don't need to double dip at WR...if anything, double dip on O-line...maybe IOL...

Comment

Working...
                          X