• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
    Not sure we use much FB playing out of the pistol as much as I think we will.
    I feel FB was kind of a wasted position the past few years...we hardly used Watt at all...got the feeling the Bolts drafted him because he blocked for Gordon in Wisconsin...now that Mel's gone, adios to Watt...if we're going to carry a FB on the roster, for crying out loud, USE HIM!!!

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I like my fullbacks to be physical, to put some fear into the D. Watt didn’t. Yeah, he made some plays, but other plays could have been made with the same outcome.

Both of the new guys look physical, both look like they come to hit. I like it. So I keep the more physical of the two, I’m not looking for skills other doing their assignment and hitting people hard, making their opponent quit.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I feel FB was kind of a wasted position the past few years...we hardly used Watt at all...got the feeling the Bolts drafted him because he blocked for Gordon in Wisconsin...now that Mel's gone, adios to Watt...if we're going to carry a FB on the roster, for crying out loud, USE HIM!!!
        Watt learned to be a decent pro FB blocker - but he wasnt great and he relied on technique and position, he almost never blasted a defender out of a hole. As a weapon, he was insignificant - not a great runner, not strong enough to push a pile on 4th and one. He got occasional couple yards usually by surprise with no threat of going anywhere. Mediocre receiving threat though decent hands. No loss imo, glad to see they are trying someone new.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Grinners
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

A 15.9% MSTKL rate in 2019.
          and he still had over 100 tackles in 2019.....................................111 total

Always around the ball.

2019 Defensive
          See All
          Regular Season
          Career
          111 60 51 1 1 2 13 1 34 34.0 0 34 5 5 14 0
          295 182 113 2 1 3 13 2 34 17.0 0 34 14 15 47 0
          View the profile of Minnesota Vikings Linebacker Nick Vigil on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Nabers is more versatile as a receiver and downfield blocker. If he's nearly as good or equal to Holly at the LOS, take Nabers.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
              Nabers is more versatile as a receiver and downfield blocker. If he's nearly as good or equal to Holly at the LOS, take Nabers.
              I like the little bit of college tape I’ve seen of Nabers. Baller. Candidate for ST star too, which we could use more of. I see a role for him on the team, albeit less on offense then we always tend to predict here in off season. I recall projections of one the late round WR picks getting 20-25 touches per game - never will happen. Thats ok and doesnt matter - don’t need 25 touches to be a value to a team.

I felt similar to Nabers when we saw Tranquil in early PS last year - dude is a baller. All the measurable and pedigree are great stuff but you’re always going to need some football players to play a football game.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

They just put on the pads this week and we aren't getting to watch them - how can we know who's a baller and who's not? I don't think what we've seen of them in shorts and only a helmet tells us much. I'm not too excited when I see someone make a nice play in shorts - I want to see some hitting, then we can see who's a good blocker, who's a good short yardage guy, etc.

We'll have a better idea after we see some video of them in 11 on 11 drills.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  They just put on the pads this week and we aren't getting to watch them - how can we know who's a baller and who's not? I don't think what we've seen of them in shorts and only a helmet tells us much. I'm not too excited when I see someone make a nice play in shorts - I want to see some hitting, then we can see who's a good blocker, who's a good short yardage guy, etc.

We'll have a better idea after we see some video of them in 11 on 11 drills.
                  There's college game tape but as always, it's about now.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Kenneth Murray, LB, Los Angeles Chargers

Drafted: Round 1, No. 23 overall, out of Oklahoma.

Best-case scenario: Teams up with Drue Tranquill to form a great duo at linebacker in Gus Bradley's defense. His speed jumps off the tape and he grows into the leader of the front seven.

Worst-case scenario: After a truncated offseason, he's not ready to supplant Denzel Perryman at the position from the jump. It takes a month or so into the season before he emerges as the full-time starter, but he still goes on to have a very impactful 2020 campaign.

Projected stats: 85 tackles, three sacks and two interceptions.
                    i agree with worst case scenario. Murray has some learning to do with no preseason games under his belt.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

My projection. Nobody drafted this year is a first month starter. Murray starts towards end of season. KJ Hill gets a lot of snaps. Herbert starts after Bolts eliminated from playoffs.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        My projection. Nobody drafted this year is a first month starter. Murray starts towards end of season. KJ Hill gets a lot of snaps. Herbert starts after Bolts eliminated from playoffs.
                        Murray will start by week 4 if he doesnt out of the gate.

Perryman will be hurt by week 6.

IF we have a season.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          You're probably right at Cincy but everyone but Herbert will play.

I'm pretty sure Murray will be starting before the bye. Maybe wk 2.

* Actually, Herbert may get reps at Cincy after we shut Burrow down and have a substantial lead in the 4th.

Comment

Working...
                          X